Tuesday, January 02, 2007

And so it begins

Saying for the day- The bird who waits too long gets nothing but the early bird gets the worm. This is fine if you like worms.

Today we open the JCPOINTS store.
It is simple enough .
First you go HERE to see how many JCPOINTS you have.
Then you go to the JCPOINTS STORE and see what you can afford.
THe first one to leave a comment requesting an item gets that item and I subtact that many JCPOINTS from your total.
I will mark items sold as soon as I can but always check the comments.
New items will be added as we go along.
I am phasing out the JCPOINT system so this is your chance to get something out of them.


@@@@News from Pigeon Falls– The little town in my garage where the trains still run and dragons fly.– Eino is stumped. He has gone over and over the video tapes from the break in at the garage. The only way to explain them would be to say that the stone statue came to life and then broke out of the closet and then left. All the evidence makes it look like that is what happened. But Eino simply can not accept the idea that a statue came to life. It is not a possibility. But then what he and Tommy saw at the end of the track is not possible either but they saw it. Life used to be so simple. He ran a garage and sold cars. That was it. He would like to go back to that simple life again.
The ladies at Last Lutheran Church are celebrating the making of their 2000th quilt. They have even made a special quilt to mark the occasion. It has quilt squares with pictures of quilters over the years on them. It will hang on the fellowship hall wall at Last Lutheran. They are so proud. Those quilts have gone all over the world through the Lutheran World Federation. Now they are aiming at 3000.
Petrovich called his cousin Emil and told him he has found some new and exciting driblets in the monastery records. He is translating them and plans on coming back to Pigeon falls as soon as he finishes.
Nancy says that the days after New Years are good for her business. There are lots of people who feel a need for a cup of coffee.
*****

Link for today-Art Lady Confidental- Remember to leave the words Dr. John in the comment though I can't think of a single good reason why.This blog is recomended by Javanagogh.
I tried to visit all the blogs I didn't get to yesterday today. The list just keeps growing. Tomorrow I start over at the top. Other than that we spent a quiet day at home. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

11 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

AAAGGGHHH!!! What are we going to do without those loveable JC points?

5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terry will be thrilled to find out she is the link for the day.

Sounds like Petrovich aims to stir up trouble -- finding new driblets and all.

Eino cant accept a statue coming to life, but is okay with a fire breathing dragon flying around and a pink sweater wearing rabbit --- yes and not to mention what he and Tommy saw on their excursion. I would think that Eino would be the first to exploit the statue come to life theory.

5:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2000 quilts. Ha,ha,ha.. And now they are aiming for 3000..
Sorry..Guess I'm not into the quilting scene..

5:30 AM  
Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

Wow! 2000 quilts! I started one to make as a gift for my daughter's 5th birthday. She will be 22, come May. She always reminds me about that quilt and wants me to finish it. I told her we can both work on it for a baby present when SHE has a child.

If I work on the quilt, I will have to give up blogging, not enough time for everything!

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm....I think simpler times in Pigeon Falls is a rather relative thing. Which supernatural event in everyday life does Eino consider simpler than the statue of the Hermit turning out to be the Hermit and coming back to life? A dragon? A clothes wearing rabbit? The armed and dangerous Mrs. Trumble? A city government that probably wasn't legal due to child labor laws?

It doesn't make much of a dent in my JC points, but if no one has bid on him, I'd like to bid on the blue duckie for my daughter.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Terry Stanley, The Art Lady said...

Thanks for making me the link for the day Dr John! You have indeed made my day! I am, however, devastated by the news that the JC points system is in it's death throes. I will look forward to learning Finnish.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Bella said...

No more JC points...BOOOOOOOO!!!!

;)

I think it's great that you are letting us redeem them. I'd bid ont he duckie but looks as though someone already has. :(

1:42 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

No more JC points? I can't wait to see what you come up with next. I'm certain it will be just as creative and fun.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Is the Scholar Clown taken? I think he's adorable.

6:40 PM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

Ok.. if it's not too late.. can I claim the Disney bell?!?!

I want it.. and I have enough points.. so.. pretty please?!?!?!

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh pooh, the one item left I had enough points has just been spoken for. Alas my points are for naught.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home