Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Change

Saying for the day- The only thing constant is change.

We are in the second day of the New Year.
I have fallen out of my daily blog routine.
Because I am late going to bed I am late getting up.
Because so many things have been going on I haven’t been visiting many other blogs.
But that will change starting tomorrow.
My grandkids have all gone home and life I think will return to normal or what passes for normal.
There will be changes in this blog.
They will not be great or wonderful but there will be changes.

First the old JCPOINTS system needs to be phased out.
Some of you have accumulated boxcars full of them and we need to be fair to you.
So for the next few weeks we will be offering items for sale and the exchange for the sale will be JCPOINTS.
These will be one of a kind , priceless objects.
A chance for you to turn your outdated, useless JCPOINTS into priceless objects.
We hope you take advantage of it because when its over , its over ( I always wanted to say that). Sale starts tomorrow.

Second starting tomorrow we pick up our task as educator and begin teaching Finnsih words
. Everybody should know some Finnish words.
These will be good Finnish words not bad Finnish words ( sorry lava soap covers bad Finnish words as well as bad English words)

Pigeon Falls will continue as life there unfolds.

Other surprises are in store so check in every day and leave lots of encouraging comments.

The New is coming.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– the little town in my garage where the trains still run and people have egg on their face-New Year’s day in Pigeon Falls came and went without any excitement. People were still talking about the big egg drop and the dragon. Eino now has another mystery to solve. Who substitued eggs ? Not only did they fill the egg with egg stuff but they put a glass egg in place of the plastic to make sure it would break when it hit the ground. But how did they know the dragon was going to burn the rope? Why did the dragon burn the rope ? Did he think it was a dragon egg? Did, whoever made the change know he would think that?
Aside from all the talk about dragons and dropped eggs people had the usual New Year’s Day. Families gathered and fought. Huge meals were served. Lots of football was watched. (People were very disappointed that Michigan lost.) Children played with their Christmas toys on the last day of their school vacation. There were no dragon and no White Rabbits to ruin the day.
Today started off quite. The milk train came in on schedule. Nancy opened the coffee shop at the usual time. A few people stopped in to the Fly Inn for a drink before going to work. Just an ordinary day in an ordinary town.
****

Links return tomorrow.

19 Comments:

Blogger jafabrit said...

some people are afraid of change, but when we embrace it it frees us.
I think many bloggers have been on hold over the holidays, myself included.

6:33 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

One of the quirks of humans is that we often see the temporary as permanant. I think that tends to get us in a lot of trouble. Or at least it does for ME. :)

6:50 AM  
Blogger Bazza said...

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it. Whoo Hoo it's the January sales. I might have to give my JC points to wifey so she can get something nice.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Change happens everyday, we just have to pay better attenion.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Tina Dray said...

whoop shopping while blogging a dream come true!

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm....shopping. This will not help me with my resolution to cut back on that. ;)

The changes sound good and they keep life interesting.

Bet the eggs were quite a mess, but I admit to a twisted sense of humor....I would have been laughing my head off.

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finnish lessons?
Paljonko tämä maksaa ?

I see that it has snowed at the fortress

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, may it bring you peace, health and much happiness.

Finnish lessons, Sale time as well as tales from Pigeon Falls ~ you spoil us too much Dr. John. :-)

3:14 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Indeed Dr John
The Only Constant is Change
in the Universe, in our lives
even in our hair & skin cells

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Peace

3:26 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I think Bazaa is quoting the Pointer sisters, but knowing Bazaa, maybe not. I love change, thats why I move my furniture around every month! lol.

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate change. Is it going to hurt like the dentist..

4:00 PM  
Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

I'm usually not good with change. . . unless I initiate it! LOL But I think I will like your changes - everyone needs a good shaking up once in a while, even me ;-)

Looking forward to learning Finnish.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Nice that things have returned to normal at Pigeon Falls. Did you change the picture at the top of your blog? I am wondering what to buy with my JC points. I love my wooden car.

Blessings to you and Betty, oh my Christmas Card arrived in the post today, what a nice surprise. Thankyou for thinking of me.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

I was trying to insert the code in the normal post space. Will talk to colloge son and see if he's got an idea of what to do.
********************
Finish lessons, interesting. Shopping, oooooo I love shopping! The only thing that stays the same is change.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Pidgeon Falls normal?

5:43 PM  
Blogger Nothing said...

thanks for leaving a comment, Dr. John. and thanks even more for the tip for my Amazingly Bizarre Blog.

By The Way (1)- those aren't the funniest jokes - they're the funniest i could find at short notice - i had forgotten it was my 100th post
By The Way (2) - can you believe it - my word verification is hahahaha
:)

5:56 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Change is nice, I don't mind it at all. =O)

7:02 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

Since I've not been working, I've gotten back into the bad habit of staying up late, and sleeping in longer-- hopefully, that will change soon. Glad to hear Pigeon Falls is staying around, along with you! *hugs*

7:10 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

New is good. Mustn't get too far into those ruts, otherwise when the time comes to bounce out we hurt ourselves.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose.

I'm glad the trains are still running in Pigeon Falls. It sounds like they had a very interesting New Year's celebration.

Cheers,
Josie

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home