Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Happy birthday Chris - a day late

Saying for the day: It is good to be remembered even if its a little late.

Yesterday was my little sister’s birthday. Those are pictures of her in the upper right corner. It tends to get forgotten because of that other holiday. It’s tough being born on Christmas. You never get to have a birthday party on your birthday. It always has to be a few days earlier or a few days later. Then there are all those tightwad relatives that give you birthday/Christmas gifts. Even brother’s like me tend to forget sometimes its your birthday.
My sister was born with a hole in her heart and we weren't sure she would ever celebrate a birthday. My mother literally loved her to life. She is so much younger than me that she was like an older sister to my kids and my other sister’s kids who spent a lot of time at grandma’s house.
The good thing about a Christmas birthday is that when you reach the age that you would just as soon forget birthdays all together you can. Unless, of course, you have a brother who remember the day after.
Well Sis happy birthday the day after. I hope your birthday went well and you got lots of birthday/Christmas gifts.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run and life is good most of the time– It was a very nice Christmas in Pigeon Falls. Pastor Marvel’s sermon may not have been the greatest Christmas sermon ever but it was very good. The congregation went away with visions of the miracle which is Christmas . They felt the love that God has for them.
Families gathered and laughed and shared and sometimes fought a bit , if that was their tradition. The “occupation”,, the stone hermit, the White Rabbit, the dragon, the Bishop and all were forgotten for the moment. Even Petrovich, who put aside the driblets for the day, was able to celebrate.
Mrs. Schmidt called home from Hawaii and sounded as happy as one could be.
Nancy enjoyed having the day off and having someone else do the cooking.
Eino and bother Toivo gathered in the old family home as they have for years and shared memories of long ago Christmas’s which of course were better than anything we have today.
All across Pigeon Falls people rejoiced .
It was a special Christmas for the Kirkala’s because at 1 o’clock Christmas day there newest grandchild was born. Their son Bob and his wife Nancy, who live in Chicago, had a baby boy. What a great Christmas gift.
*****

We will get back to the daily links tomorrow.
Today i worked at the fine art of doing nothing because I had nothing to do. By evening I had the nothing thing done pretty well. Now I need a brteathing treatment.
GBYA

12 Comments:

Blogger Catch said...

Happy belated Birthday Chris!!!!!

I think she will be very pleased when she reads your post today Dr John....its very sweet of you!

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Petrovitch is still around. Maybe when things settle more, someone will start trying to get some answers out of him.

5:40 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Happy Birthday, Chris!


I am so glad Mrs. Schmidt is in Hawaii.

6:25 AM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

I enjoyed your youtube video :)

No, couldn't manage an extra slice of pie. Hope you and betty had a great day.

I had the snow globe I won on the dinner table. Isn't it lovely how such small (a won object)things can add to making a day so special.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Happy Birthday Chris.

It is difficult to share your birthday on a holiday or day of remembrance. Yet, in dates such as Christmas I imagine there is a bit of magic to your birthday. You feel extra special more so - rather than forgotten.

Without a doubt, Chris is very extra special to many. =O)

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chris and all the best wishes.
Dr John thanks for sharing
Wish you well

1:33 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Happy Birthday, Dr. John's little sister, Chris.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Your Mother sounds like such a wonderful woman.......I like that expression, loved her to life.

I have two kids born in Oct, and Nov respectively, and even those birthdays are a bit close to Christmas. My anniversary is Dec 23, and it always gets forgotten, we remember around Christmas day, sheepishly admitting that we both forgot. Again..

3:00 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Dr. John, Happy Birthday to your little sister. What a wonderful tribute to her.

My birthday is tomorrow.

Sigh....

I hope you and Betty and your family had a wonderful Christmas.

I'm so glad things are still chugging along in Pigeon Falls.

Cheers,
Josie

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our Aunt Jeannie's birthday is on Christmas. We always celebrate it on the weekend before Christmas during the family party. She says she doesn't mind, but gosh, someday we'll get organized enough to celebrate Christ's birth on Christmas Eve and have a Jeannie party on Christmas day.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

I wished my Uncle James, his wife Rhonda, and my Grandma much love and a safe trip home. Took a nap to recover being up most of night with migrainne (too many sweets yesturday). Then went shopping to spend my Christmas cash on after Christmas sells. Came home, having left three bags in my mother's car (ugh!). I took a two hour nap, got up for a few minutes then layed down for another two hour nap. I spent the visa gift card online for....yup more yarn! I gotta get started knitting on next year's gifts don't I? (Okay, so that's a total rationalization, but it works for me!)

Much love and happiness to you and Betty!

p.s.
Thanks for the Christmas card/blogger certificate!

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

copy that game -
cure gout now -
dl guard -
dog training online -
driver checker -
driver robot -
drop shipping wholesalers -
earth4energy -
earth 4 energy -
easy backup wizard -
eatstopeat -
eat stop eat -
error fix -
error killer -
error smart -
evidence eraser -
evidence nuker -
ex girlfriend guru -
fatburningfurnace -
fat burning furnace -
fatloss4idiots -
fat loss 4 idiots -
final uninstaller -
fitnessmodelprogram -
fitness model program -
fit yummy yummy -
flattenyourabs -
flatten your abs -
flat to fab -
forex grid bot -
get google ads free -
get paid to draw -
get this off my chest now -
governmentregistry -

3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home