Monday, December 18, 2006

Monday before Christmas

Saying for the Day: You can not give a nicer gift than a good comment.

Twas the Monday before Christmas and all through the blog
Not a creature was stirring not even the frog
The saying was hung so neat at the top
In hopes that nice comments soon would drop
With ma at her keyboard and I at mine too
We waited for comments from people like you.
Its been a good week with comments galore
But still one could hope for more and yet more
The best of the week and worth JCPOINTS too
Was the poem about Petrovich by Javanagogh
But it’s a new week and time for the new
We need more comments from people like you
Leave long ones or short ones or medium too
About how you feel they will give us a clue
An now I exclaim fore I drop out of sight
Happy Comment Monday to all and to all a good night.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– the little town in my garage where the trains still run and the army is in control– Day three of what Mrs. Trumble is calling “ The Occupation” began quietly enough. During the night the Tonkin place returned, if it was ever really gone. Mrs. Tonkin said that yesterday the soldiers wouldn’t let them out of the house. With the return of the Tomlin’s the half a barn and the cornfield have vanished.
Could it be that whatever is keeping the town quarantined is causing mass hallucinations? Certainly whole houses and half barns can’t just pop in and out.
Tommy didn’t show up for school today and his parents are worried. Eino, of course, knows where he has gone because he told Eino yesterday. In fact Eino knows the whole plan.
Now Eino is missing. His brother says he went home to get some parts for a car and will be back this afternoon. That satisfied the soldier who asked where he was. Nobody can leave town because every road is guarded.
Mrs. Trumble is demanding from the General in charge that the town be given some kind of reason for this occupation. The General disliked the term “occupation” but gave her no reason. He says it is for the good of the nation and she just has to believe him. Mrs. Trumble has threatened to have him broken down to private when she finally gets to her political friends.
Other than that life in Pigeon Falls is pretty normal.
*****

Link for the Day:Intelligent Gal's View on Life... Remember to leave the words DR. John in the comment to get those high IQ JCPOINTS. Check your totals HERE.
..Now I am going to try to visit all my links and a ferw others that should be links but I procrastinate.
Almost forgot we need to pick a Pic a Prize winner.

Betty is drawing.

And the winner is...

Going to be announced in just a minute.

She is reading the slip.


Little drum role , please.


The winner is



W.J. Christopher


Congratulations W. J. Christopher (artist extrordinary) now go to PIC A Prize and pick your prize or prizes and leave the numbers is a comment. W.C Christoper had 115 chances of being drawn against the top person who has 2323 chances. Wow now that's luck.
I didn't get to as many blogs as I wanted as blogger was very slow at opening the comment sections. But I did try.
I also did another sixteen Christmas cards, got my sister's Christmas gift ready to mail, and went shopping fot a Christmas gift for my daughter. Now I need a breathing treatment .
GBYA

19 Comments:

Blogger Catch said...

Good morning Dr John! I hope you are having a good day. I just got up and let the dog out. Im contemplating going back to bed! I shouldnt, but I might! Have tons of things to do today....but they will still be there even if I go back to bed...lol.

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning, Dr. John. What a lovely poem. You do such a splendid job of solisitating comments. I wish I had the panashe -- or nerve -- to do it on my blog ...

5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think someone needs to locate Petrovich. Could be he is a decendant of Avvakum Petrovich -- an ancient Russian shaman priest. Sounds like there could be some connections to the strange happenings with him. Find Petrovich!!!

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great poem!
Such Talent!
Wouldn't miss Leave a comment Monday. I've been trying 2 catch up on my comments, but I started at 6 a.m., it's almost 10 a.m., and I have hardly dented my list! Geeze-

I still never received the little sno-globe! :""(
Hopefully it made it's way 2 a good home. I would hate 2 see it wandering aimlessly amungst the mail.
' ]

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life in Pigeon Falls is otherwise normal? I hope you mean normal for Pigeon Falls. ;)

7:15 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Hi, Dr. John, I have been so busy lately, but I couldn't miss Leave a Comment Monday. LOVE the poem. You're very talented :-)

Glad to see the trains are still running in Pigeon Falls. Gosh, it's beginning to sound like an episode of Twilight Zone.

Cheers,
Josie

7:17 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Wow, I really liked the poem and it was funny because I was also thinking of a poem to the story but with my memory of Luke getting his stocking last year and wondering if he got coal or something good....he was so cautious but when he saw he got candy , he turned around and said, "Mom, I HAVE been good!"

12:38 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

I am busily knitting away and trying to finish up some holliday gifts. Hope all is well with you, Betty, and the family.

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liked the Monday before Christmas poem..

5:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It was Monday, just Monday
a regular day;

I pulled up a chair
and proceeded to play

at being an artist
on the computer, no less

which might sound absurd
and, sometimes, look a mess.

But, that's what I do
when my brain's running free --

a monitor, a mouse,
and a hot cuppa tea

will help me through artwork,
emails and my blog

and save me from being
a bump on a log.

I peeked at my comments
and out of the blue

a message said, "WIN-NAH!
And yes, this means YOU!"

Ran straight to "The Fortress"
without passing GO!

Like a player who's playing
some blogging game show.

But, how can I choose
'tween a train or a car?

A woman needs both
if she plans to go far!

1 a. or 2 a.,
which of these would be best?

Has dear Dr. John
devised some evil test?

For hours and hours
I've tried to decide

a cool, wooden coupe
or a scenic rail ride?

Well . . .

I've gotta shoot pictures
in sun or in rain

so, I think I'll be safer
riding 1 a.

The Train!


* * *

Thanks Dr. John and Betty;
looks like my luck is changing for the better!

* * *

P.S. I'm concerned by your use of the word "normal" in this context. One wonders what you would consider abnormal!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Merry Christmas. Is this commmmmmennnnnntttt. long enough?

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy day, what nice comments everywhere I've been today. Monday's are always the ickiest day at my day job, but your poem cheered me up immensely!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i think you ought to win comment of the day. your poem is wonderful and very well done. Javanagogh is a most talented lady, she did a great job with the poem.
***********
i hope Tommy and Eino are together and safe. this occupation per say sounds like that show on tv, Jericho. i haven't watched it but i have seen the commercials. i wonder what is going on outside the walls of the town to have all this be needed.
********************
I'm so happy for WJ Christopher, she is another great artist. we have many in our midst. i'm sorry the carttoons reminded you of all the shopping you still need to do. it was a shadow of my life too, that is why i posted them. i am no way done..by a long shot. i hope you found something wonderful for Pennie, although i suspect that nothing will beat you both living with her now. good night. sweet dreams.

8:46 PM  
Blogger fennymun said...

Hi Dr John, what a beautifully written poem!

Humble as I am
trying to write a comment.

Only to realise
It would never match this poem...

9:39 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Just stopping by to leave my Monday Comment. Wonderful job with the poem. I am definently not a poet or even a writer.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I like your poem.

Pigeon Falls needs to hold tight. From my experience, they are better off quarentined; it's the world outside that is in trouble.

2:43 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Dr John, a woman's job is never done
every day the dust comes back again
more dust has returned & settled
the feather duster must be rattled

Another day another NOW, has begun
And there's Xmas dinner to be done!

4:55 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Dr John
Should always take a moment or two
Great Happy Monday Comment poem too

4:58 AM  
Blogger Tina Dray said...

Hi Dr John just dropping by to spread season greeting to you and betty

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home