Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Yeah A Dern Tag

Saying for the day: Friends don't let friends tag friends.

I had planned a very funny blog for today, a tale from the parsonage. It’s what I usually do on Tuesday. This tale was exciting , funny and still it would have broken hearts.It was about Christmas, the breaking of a toy Santa with a snowball, and what happened after. It even had some parsonage fairies.
But Starbender tagged me. I tried to ignore it but she left it in a comment. Well its not worth fighting over so I will do the tag. The tag concerns ten things I will never do, tonight, or any other time.
If I can remember it I will tell the other story next Tuesday .
But then you know how my memory is.
To make it more fun I decided to use Cindra Jo’s eighteen words in this blog while balancing a cup of water on my head and holding a marshmallow sleigh in my right hand.
Ten things I would never do.
1. Tag a friend.
2. Go dancing
3. Listen to anything by the Ramones containing the words Rudolph or Blitzen.
4. Use the word “ain’t” . ( My first grade teacher taught me that along with the rest of the children)
5. Run naked through a mall singing songs about Rudolph the red Nosed Reindeer on the day after Thanksgiving. ( ‘Cause there is no room to run in a mall on the day after Thanksgiving)
6. Eat anything with tomatoes in it.
7. Swear at the person who tagged me ( no matter how tempting)
Did I say I would never tag a friend. O! Yeah I already said that.
8. Drink Whiskey
9. Drive in wet cement.( My uncle did that and they arrested him)
10. Jump off a tall building with an umbrella for a parachute.
There I have completed the tag. But of course I will not tag anybody because I would never tag a friend.

@@@
News From Pigeon Falls– the little town in my garage where the trains still run and which may soon be gone forever– With only three days left until Petrovich’s doomsday the town is quiet. A little snow fell last night. The morning milk train came in on time. One wonders what the dairy farmers will do if the railroad shuts down. Some of them may go out of business as well as the local dairy. The railroad and the town are tied together.
Mrs. Trumble is trying to get Dr. Fortress to extend the deadline into March of next year to give some time for everything to come together. So far Dr. Fortress has not consented but she keeps trying. Last night she got the town council to hold a special millage election in February ( the earliest it could be held) to raise one mill for the railroad.
Now she is having the town lawyer draw up the wording for that ballot. There isn’t much more that Mayor Trumble can do.
The White Rabbit and the dragon haven’t been seen for some time now. Perhaps, it’s the snow or they may have fled a dying town. The parties on Thursday could bring them out.
Poor Mrs. Schmidt is still not sure her trip to Hawaii (her dream trip) will ever take place. If there is no train there will be no trip. Though one of her sons has offered to drive up that horrible road and take them to the airport in Iron Mountain. That was a nice offer from a son who doesn’t want her to go. But it is winter and there are days when that road is impassable.
Tommy hasn’t gotten into any trouble lately. He is working with last Lutheran’s youth group to get the Yule logs ready for the party on Thursday. He doesn’t seem at all worried about Pigeon Falls ending.
******

Today's Link-Carpe You Some Diem- Remember to leave the words Dr. John in the comment to get those highly artistic JCPOINTS. Check HERE for your point totals.
It has been a weird day. I started trying to find out how to use You Tube to put my movies on the blog. They sent me an e-mail to looka t before I uploaded. When I opened that e-mail and hit the part I was supposed to hit my inbox disapeared and all the recent e-mail went with it. I can't get it back. So whatever letter I got today I'll never see. I finally did get the You Tube thing worked out so in the future I can publish some movies. Then I worked on this year's Christmas card. I look horrible but we are going with it. Betty got the train around the tree running and if everything goes right we will have a movie of it on the blog soon. We are still unpacking boxes. I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does #5 mean you would run naked through the mall singing about Rudolph on some other day? ;)

7:13 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I and the rest of the world thank you for not running through the mall singing...oh and the naked part too.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Isnt it interesting that both prior posts were about the running naked in the mall??LOL

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesnt the Mayor of Pigeon Falls have executive order power?

8:01 AM  
Blogger Charleston Catholic / Clay Center Project said...

Wow, thanks for the traffic! And, yay for naked mall-singing! ;)

9:15 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I don't tag people either, although I have done the tags.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Tagging is the least of possibilities. We could all come over hold you down and give you lots of tickles and raspberrys. A good friend may ask you to pull their finger as they release a stinker. You know, I have half a mind to tag you with my Holiday Googling's tag myself. But only because I know you'd enjoy the nostaligia. But I'll behave. But only because I loves ya. =O)

2:26 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

There are many things I'd never do, and like you Dr John, I'd never race throught the Mall singing anything.

And this time of year here in Calgary, one runs the risk of Frost Bite. Though today we are in the midst of a Chinook.

3:36 PM  
Blogger starbender said...

Tag a friend?
TAGS are not a bad thing! I luv U and Betty-- It's just a way of getting 2 know U better!!! Tags are kinda fun! It's just a bloggin thing-A post off of the beat'n path! I hope I didn't offend U by taggin U---
(it was done with good intentions)
and see, now I know 10 more things about U, and so does everyone else!

I hope U are not mad at me? :"(
*sniffle-sniffle*

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know you liked memes so much. I'll try to have one to tag you with for next Tuesday,ha,ha..

3:46 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

Sorry I haven't been by in awhile-- but I must say, there's some funny stuff on this tag, I think it might be worth "borring" sometime :0)

5:22 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

1. Tag a friend. Me either...friends dont let friends tag and drive
2. Go dancing You dont know what your missing!
3. Listen to anything by the Ramones containing the words Rudolph or Blitzen. Dont blame ya there
4. Use the word “ain’t” . ( My first grade teacher taught me that along with the rest of the children) I aint ever gonna use it either
5. Run naked through a mall singing songs about Rudolph the red Nosed Reindeer on the day after Thanksgiving. ( ‘Cause there is no room to run in a mall on the day after Thanksgiving) it would depend on how much you paid me!
6. Eat anything with tomatoes in it. I only like them for looks in my salad..I dont eat them either
7. Swear at the person who tagged me ( no matter how tempting) me either!
Did I say I would never tag a friend. O! Yeah I already said that.
8. Drink Whiskey yuck...whiskey is so nasty...drink vodka instead Dr John..its much smoother ; ))
9. Drive in wet cement.( My uncle did that and they arrested him) how would you ever clean that off your car?
10. Jump off a tall building with an umbrella for a parachute. Im with ya on that one too!
There I have completed the tag. But of course I will not tag anybody because I would never tag a friend.

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed with your technical abilities...You Tube? I failed at even logging in to view somebody elses movie...sheesh.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Somebody ought to have a talk with that Dr. Fortress!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

Oh no my dear Dr. John, you got tagged again. Forgive me for a little giggle. Poor Starbender must have missed the last time, when Margaret tagged you, lol. Nonetheless, how kind of you, truly is that you did it. A real friend you are, doing what you detest for a friend asked you too. Now we just got to make sure we stop asking.
And i'm with you in the naked running thing. They don't have enough money in the world for me to do that. But i love tomatoes. i guess if we ever ate out it would be just fine..we trade, your tomatoes for something you like. See, it is alright not to be all the same.
***********
Mrs. Trouble is working hard. I hope she is sleeping and handling the stress of the new job. I hope something comes true. I do miss the dragon and rabbit too though. But i'm so glad they are safe. Mrs. Schmidt has a good son but everything will be alright so shen wouldn't worry.
**********************
I just read your comment and it gave me a boost of love and comfort. How grateful i'm to have met you both and to know that you pray for us. Keka went to school today and she got over 100% (because of bonus questions) in both her tests. she is my little hero i tell you, and not so much because of her marks but her attitude and spirit.
Hugs and much love to you and Betty and Pennie too of course. hope you are sleeping soundly.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

dr. John blogger is being naughty. i cannot for the life of me leave a comment, not even an annonymous one at your link..here is my comment..maybe tomorrow it will let me:
dr. John made you a link of the day and i made it, to say hello. i love the old time cartoons and movies, i wish we could enjoy them earlier in the evening here though..they often put them around 9 ish.. i hope your dreams are fullfilled. nothing ever beats being a mother but i do hope that the art world welcomes you with an open heart/arms.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Tina Dray said...

Great answer DR John!

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im' sorry :"((
I promise I will NEVER play tag with U~*blush* ( U could have posted the list, and had a BONUS post (U'r plan'd post) ) Then, it could have been a double post! *wink*
Then again, creating a post is time consuming! [Even leaving messages can be time consuming!]
' ]
...All in good fun!?!
Hugs..kisses
Still friends tho... right?

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home