Monday, December 04, 2006

Monday-so Soon

Saying for the Day: A sin of omission is still a sin.

It's "Leave a Comment Monday" and I have a confession to make.
Last week I did a very poor job of leaving comments.
My intent is to visit and comment on every link every day.
Well, at least on every new entry every day.
But last week I missed that goal by miles.
I just barely met my goal of blogging every day.

Of course, I have excuses. I was busy packing.
I was busy moving.
I was busy unpacking.
My computer is still not up.
But for whatever reason, I failed.
So please, dear blogger friends, forgive me.
I will do better this week I promise.
The funniest comment last week came on Monday when Lori from Lori's Minute responding to my comment tree said.
" What happens if I leave a comment under the tree and you want to return it? What if it is not the right size?"
For this I award her ten JCPOINTS.

@@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run and a little old lady fights to keep them running.-One of the families that is really concerned about the trains not running after December 15 is, of course, the Herman Smythe's. You remember they planned on going to Hawaii for Christmas. They worked through the disapproval of family and friends and were all set to go. But their trip plans count on the train to get them to the airport. Given the condition of Pigeon Falls roads and the condition of the Smythe car they really need the train. Mrs. Smythe says that every night she prays that God will keep the trains running.
One would suppose that makes Mrs. Trumble a servant of God. She has been called a lot of other things. At this time she is doing her best to get Dr. Fortress to hold off closing down the railroad until the state has time to act. Dr. Fortress, who ran the Moneypit and Cash Loss Railroad as a hobby has recently made some bad investments and can't afford to lose what the railroad is losing any more. Mrs. Trumble is trying to convince him that with an influx of money and tight supervision it could turn a profit. Will he listen? Will the Smythes get to Hawaii? Only time will tell.
*****
Today's link: Blogaway- Remember to leave the words Dr. John in the comment to get those marzipan JCPOINTS and a shot at a priceless (without value) Pic A Prize.
We will have todays drawng for the same when we find the box with the drawing slips in it.
We didn't find the drawing slips yet so we will do the Monday draw on Tuesday. Moving is such fun. I finally got my computer up and got to all my links but one. I learned a lot. I even went to two that made my glasses fog. Other than that it was a weird day. It snowed. The package I ordered from EBAY came but it was the wrong one. They sent my package to somebody else. I spent part of the day trying to get that straightened out. I tried the camera I bought on EBAY onluy to discover the battery won't hold a charge. This is something they neglected to tell me in the add. Life is such fun. But I feel good, Beetty feels good. and my daughter is well. Life is good.
Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

23 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a nail biter this Pidgeon Falls train problem! Sin of ommission, when I was growing up, my parents used to ground me for "lies by ommission". I still say its cheating.

5:21 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Wow....two wins in one week is a record for me!!!

I will accept the ten points....I wish I could be there is person to accept them but I am on location and therefore unable to make it. I would like to thank all the other losers...errrr...people who left comments in an effort to get useless points. I will put these points with all of my other useless points on my mantle...thanks you all so much!

5:30 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

My entire weekend was almost commentless because our cable internet was having problems. Visiting websites was equal to churnning butter at times. We all know you're busy with moving and all Doc - and we all know you love us and think of us everyday. It's okay. =O)

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Options. Fundraiser to keep the railroad going. Raise the price of a ticket. Be nice to the dragon so he can fly the Smythes out of Pigeon Falls.

5:47 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

Oh our dear Dr. John you have done what none of us would do with much less going on. You still managed to post daily, you did visit many blogs and left your wonderful messages behind and you always managed to keep us informed on all that is keeping you and Betty so darn busy. How can you ask for an apology when you did so much sir? Instead be happy that you accomplish so much with so many trips back and forth, the stress of all the financial bits, the endless packing and unpacking. I was so grateful for each one of your post. None of us post daily without complaints and that is on any given day.

I absolutely loved Loris comment. I am always so delighted for she is so darn witty and cute about things. I like her take on things. I'm glad she won and i loved her accepting speech. Again, hillarious! You are all so lucky to have her in your family.
***********
Mrs. Trumble used to be called Mrs. Trouble by me. Oopss. Well, she was big mishaving before but now she is becoming the town's heroes and leaving the rabbit and dragon alone. So good work and good luck and thank you.

I do hope that the Smythe's get to go to Hawaii. If the train is not running maybe they can arrange with someone else who owns a good car with good tires to be driven. They can pay them for their trouble. I'm sure anyone would help out and the extra money in the Christmas season won't hurt.
********************
I hope you have been resting a bit. You and Betty must be exhausted and frankly i'm worried. You two need to make sure that you keep healthy. Thank you for all that you and Betty do. I hope you read my bit on how happy we were here setting up the train and village and playing. God Bless. Much love.

5:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the link-thing. I am honored my humble marzipan caught your eye. Truthfully, I cannot stand eating marzipan, but it sure was a work of art.
I liked Ice Age and sequel also.
Hope your move went well.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Dr. John -- I have been told that it isn't necessary to always be the one to give. Occasionally it is acceptable to be the one who receives. Give yourself a break. You have done amazingly well during this time of stress.

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Dr. Fortress could sell stock in the railroad to keep it going? I bet there are a lot of interested investors out there.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

I have been nearly commentless, and even nearly offline. Our weather has gone from in the 70's on wednesday to a record ice/snow storm moving wednesday night. My sinuses have been ........well you get the idea.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

We forgive you Dr John...we know you have been busy lately...things will get back to normal soon!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

A day without blogging is a day without sunshine. Oh wait...that's orange juice. Never mind.

I hope things go well for you this week.

8:23 AM  
Blogger butterflies said...

I forgive you for not commenting Dr John..youre busy!
Im just thankful that you are still breathing:)

1:03 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Hi Dr John

Just stopping by to say the Snow Globe and fith Marathon Certificate arrived today in the post. Just wanted to say thankyou to you and Betty.

Hope you are adjusting well to your new place and I am sure The Lord will lead you to a church you and Betty will like attending.

Blessings to both of you

1:46 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Well I can confidently say in this case I am 'free' of the sin of omission, at least today - lol!

Here is my comment for today:
"Dr John, wishing you a fine day"

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is a sin of omission still a sin if the person you are sinning against doesn't even know that the person was supposed to leave a comment..

Anyways, I didn't know you did that. In fact I'll likely forget it when I click submit on my comment.

I did however know how busy you have been and was amazed that you found time to post..

4:38 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

It's just a busy time of year! You do such a good job of blogging and keeping us entertained. I dont know how you do it all. Especially with moving and all?

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't family members usually not eligible for contests? J/K LOL!

we all understand you have all lot going on right now! No worries!

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

phew! I make it under the wire....
It is very hard to make it to all the blogs, especially on a daily bases... I just do the best I can do. It was alot easier to do when I only had about 10 sites to visit.

' ]

p.s.I still haven't received the penguin snow-globe.... I check every day... do you know when it was sent???

6:07 PM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

Don't worry about the comments. We all understand what you are dealing with right now. We're just glad that you find the time to write highly entertaining blog entries every day!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

Oh Dr. John, just coming home after much running around. here i was sore and tired and then i see a package from you. it is the most beautiful snow glove ever. how adorable. i'm so touch sir.

how much joy i get from your blog and your friendship. how much you and yours mean to me. all that is more than enough. and then, to be showered with gifts that are so darn precious just makes me feel like the happiest human being on earth. God Bless you and Betty for all that you do. for all the joy you bring to me, to my kids who have loved the glove as much as i have, to all who know you both.

i'm now in a different state of mind. my tiredness and weariness has left for darker pastures. my body is too busy rejoicing over having met you and my new favorite gift.

thank you to you both.

of course tomorrow when i see Joe i will hand him his package. i happened to open the right one. it called out to me and yes, it was mine :)

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are doing fine my friend.And hope all is well.Your love for us makes some of us happy :).So Dr John keep the good work going.
He!He!He!
Thanks for sharing.
Wish you well

1:50 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I hope you are settling in ok.

3:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've been away too long; I didn't know you guys had already moved into the new house!

How exciting!

I love moving to a new place. Not the actual "moving", mind you, but definitely the new place!

I wish you only happiness there!

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home