Friday, January 05, 2007

Little by Little

Saying for the day- A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.

The change continues. Yesterday only small changes mostly to the left hand column.
Nobody ever looks at that anyway.
I removed some links and the old link list.
Spent part of the day looking at ways to put some audio onto the blog for the Finnish words.
Little by little the changes come.
I remind you that the JCPOINTS are being phased out. In two weeks they will be gone. They vanish like a puff of smoke or a bad dream.
You can still make the worthless things worth something by checking HERE for your points and then going HERE for what you can get with them. I will keep adding to that. First one to ask gets.
Please note there is a new Finnish word in the blue square on the left.

Meanwhile back in the real world I miss the snow.
I never thought I would say that but I do.
I don’t miss it when I’m walking then I’m glad its gone .
But when I look out the window and there is no blanket of white it just feels like something is missing.
Despite all the problems that it brings snow has some beauty.
I remember getting up early in the morning, taking the dog, and going cross country skiing .
It was so beautiful.
The air was crisp ( it was 20 below zero).
Of course, now I can’t ski and if I slide a little I am petrified but snow still has those great memories embedded in it.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls – the little town in my garage where trains still run and dragons fly.-Lots of excitement in Pigeon Falls last night. Somebody tried to rob the Periwinkle Gas station . Just before closing a masked man with a gun demanded that Thomas give him all the money from the till. Now Thomas Perwinkle III is not stupid so he gave him every last cent. There was around $400 give or take a couple of bucks. At least that’s what Thomas said. The crook then locked Thomas in a closet and left. What the crook didn’t know was that Thomas has an inside release on the closet because he had a worker who kept getting himself locked in the closet when he’d go for supplies. Periwinkle waited a bit and then raced to the door of the station in time to see the crook’s vehicle turn onto the yellow brick road. The problem then was who should he call. There is no 911 service in Pigeon Falls. The constable was out of town visiting relatives. The State Police were a half hour away ( cut backs for economic reasons closed a closer station ).So who do you call. Well Thomas called Eino, as if Eino didn’t have enough problems.
Eino called the State Police and told them they would find the crook stuck in the mud at the end of the yellow brick road. Sure enough the guy was there trying to push his car out of knee deep mud. The sudden thaw had turned an otherwise passable road into one large mud puddle. Of course, everybody in Pigeon falls knew that but our crook was not from Pigeon Falls.
Crime of this nature is very rare in Pigeon Falls. The last big criminal act was when old Rollin Sledgeberg ran the drug store. Somebody broke in and drilled a hole in his safe. They didn’t get in but it ruined the safe. After he had the safe repaired he left it open. Put a sign on it saying that all the money is in the bank , the safe is not locked, don’t drill holes in it. He just kept papers in the safe so he’s know where they were. They never did catch that crook.
*****
Link for the day-Tales from the Angel Retreat- (What's like to be a single foster parent) Remeber to put the words DR. John in the comment or I'll turn the dragons loose.
Chanas back . Check out her blog.
Spent the day working on the computer and blogging.
Packed up all the prizes and JCPOINT purchases and will mail them out tomorrow.
Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah -- more characters! Thomas Periwinkle the third. (will we get him mixed up with Tommy?)

Rollin Sledgberg -- LOL. Why do I think that was a funny name for a pharmacist?

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't really like snow or snow sports, but I have to admit it just didn't feel like Christmas this year without cold temperatures and a little snow.

So now Pigeon Falls has a yellow brick road. Is there also a wizard who can answer all our questions?

7:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Snow? What snow. I'd like to see some.

A yellow brick road, hum. Now where did I put my Cowardly Lion costume...

8:54 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Rewards earned are first freely given. The Bible speaks of crowns rewarded but also of crowns for the Saints to lay at our Savior's feet.

When it comes to my JC points the value lies not in which I have earned, but in the wonderful friendships that I have developed after meeting so many people through your efforts and investment.

So furthermore, without adeiu - allow me to toss my JC points in the air so they can drift down upon us - like the Snow that you are missing.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Milwaukee Girl said...

We have no snow either! It's so sad!!

2:14 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

Baby steps- they're the best. I like the Finnish words! That's such a cool idea. You know, it's been so long since we've had snow here in Tennessee, I've almost forgotten what it looks like-- but wouldn't mind seeing just a little bit :0)

2:26 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

A robbery in Pidgeon Falls! O my! Glad they caught the crook. He deserved worse than a mud bath -- like maybe a special pidgeon shower.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Dr. John, we have more snow in Vancouver, if you want snow. Imagine, snowing in Lotusland. The weather has been crazy lately. I heard the cherry blossoms are blooming in Washington, DC.

And thank you so much for your comments re my "quest" on my blog. Your answers really help me a lot.

Cheers,
Josie

7:35 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i love the turtle, may i pls buy it? Cuppojoe got me here.
viral infection won't leave my lungs and worsens. asthma is not being good today, even with neubalizer. fighting to stay home and not go into hospital. the city is in a flu/pandemic/pneumonias. i'm afraid to catch another something and of the care and waits.
i miss you all but i'm fighting to breath and i'm so feverish and weak. i have been so proud to have so many JC points. i have earned them for i love you and respect you. i can't wait to leave your name around links soon. but it waits till i'm better.

take care, don't want you sick. thank you for i know you are praying for my health. XO

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand you missing the snow. I miss it, too. Oh, not the shoveling, or the driving in it, or the slipping on ice, but I don't think there's any scene more peaceful than that of a full moon shining on a fresh blanket of snow .
Hope all is well in your new world, John!

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss the snow too, Dr. John. It just feels unnatural to have Easter weather in January! Your blog is looking quite spectacular!

3:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home