Monday, January 15, 2007

Monday and the Change goes on

Saying for the day:In a world of constant change the need for comments continues.

The change in the blog continues.
Today we offer you the first of four possible logos for this blog.
On Friday we will let you vote on which one you like best.
Its you the reader that has to look at the logo when you blog in .
I find the logo I have had for the last month depressing.
It is so cold and dark.
But the one I offer you today is full of color.
To be honest it isn’t much of a fortress.
If a big wind comes it could blow away.
But you have to grant it has color.
Feel free to comment on it .
I will not take offense if you don’t like it.
I may go into the closet and cry but I won’t take offense.

Today I will also be adding ( before it gets dark) a button under the Finnish words which will take you to the BBC’s pronunciation sight.
I am working on getting a nice Finnish song that will play in the background when you come to the blog.

Today , of course, continues to be “ Leave a Comment MONDAY” .
The day when I visit all my links and leave a comment on any blog entry on which I haven’t already commented.
It is also the day I get down on my knees and beg for comments.
As a confessed comment addict I need those comments.

I will even read long long weird comments like I got from anonymous on Saturday.
I just wish it had left me some way to contact it and tell it what I thought.

SO please leave me a comment.
Tell me what you think of the logo or comment on what is happening in Pigeon Falls.

But comment.

@@@- News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where trains still run and dragons fly but they are small dragons– Nancy had dinner out at the Old Hermit house yesterday with the writer fellow. According to Nancy Tommy , the writer not Tommy the undertaker’s son, is a great cook. He also is a great storyteller and shared some of his life before Pigeon Falls. Nancy told him he should enter one of the liar’s club’s story contests . He laughed and said that all his stories are true. All Nancy could talk about as people stopped in for Coffee today was Tommy and her dinner.
Tom Ellingsen, the undertaker and father of Tommy (The former Mayor not the writer), got to meet Tommy ,the writer and not his kid who he sees every day, and says that he seems like a very nice person but he sure does ask a lot of questions. He is worse than Tommy, his son , who is always asking questions. Tom, the undertaker, says that having two Tommys is confusing. When he heard that Tommy was having dinner with Nancy out at the old Hermit house. He wondered how his son had pulled that off. Then his son told him it was the other Tommy and not him. It’s a good job they call Tom Maki , Butch or the confusion could be even worse.
Two more days till the big party and Louise is still has hope that she will get a card from the President of Finland. It seems one of her relatives has written to the Finnish President and told her of the birthday. It could be in the mail.
Will Louise get her card? Is Tommy, the undertaker’s kid, really the undertaker’s kid? How many Tommys can this town handle before confusion reigns.? Who writes these silly questions?
****

Link for Today-How2Blog- If you need a little help with blogging this could be the place. If you are so moved please leave the words Dr. John in the comment . Ah ! Even if you aren't moved please leave the words Dr. John in the comment.
I checked my comments and discovered that the logo was not visable in Explorer but only in Firefox. Then spent and hour trying to fix the problem which now seems to be fixed. During that time two people commented and I have no idea what they saw. I also discovered that only half the old logo could be seen in Explorer. Every day an adventure.
Poor Betty ended up having to shovel during our mini-blizzard . Pennie's hand is too bad and I am too wobbly on my feet. It only took here three hours. The tire my son was supposed to have fixed on the snowblower went flat again. I visited every link. I then went to today's link and learned how to put in a visit counter. I finished reading Eragon. Checked through the comments and todays logo doesn't seem too popular. Ended the day with a canasta game and for a change I won.Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

22 Comments:

Blogger Alastair said...

Waheey, get to be the first to comment! It's not that i am up early, but that fortunately the clock works in my favour here in the UK...

I like the new piccy - something about 'fortresses not being inviolate, but vulnerable' sprints to mind as a pretentious kind of response. Not sure about the words which pop up tho'.

Thanks for your comments on my blog, again! have a great Monday and may all your comments be happy ones. The long rambly anonymous one was kind of freaky...

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see no logo. Is there a blizzard at the fortress?

6:09 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Like the logo
Left a comment
Bye

6:21 AM  
Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

Ok - it's not just me. I didn't see a logo either! How many Tommy's can one small town in a garage have???
And after Greek, Hebrew and Russian, my brain can't absorb another alphabet!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Sorry, no logo to be seen here either. Wishing you & Betty a day full of beauty & blessings.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I had to visit twice to see the logo once. I don't want to be the one to send you to cry in the closet but...I like the old one better. Today's link was great- very helpful and informative.

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not like the logo. It looks like a cake for a Barbie themed birthday party. I will not vote for this one. I believe tomorrow's will be better. Hope you all are staying warm and dry in the north country.

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see the logo now. I prefer the old one. Matter of fact I like the old one when you add things to it, like the dragon.

11:25 AM  
Blogger butterflies said...

You big ol addict you!!!
I like the new colorful logo.
I hope youre keeping warm.Its so hot here and humidity is at 100%!
We dont have aircon so we rely on fans and cool clothes.
Im keeping away from the NZ sun where the ozone layer is disappearing because of global warming.
Breathe easy

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to comment earlier, but Blogger was having one of its (in)famous fits and wouldn't let me.

Today's castle choice certainly is colorful. Not sure it says Dr. John, though. Why is it sitting on a big lilypad?

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The logo is ok I guess. It keeps reading Dr. Joans Ford or something though..
If I leave a comment on someone elses blog am I supposed to say Dr. Joan's Ford sent me..

2:26 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Hi Dr John, great new logo
impenetrable fortress indeed
drawbridge always open to friends

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not my favorite.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Blanch said...

I enjoy myself each time I come in to visit John ann I am sorry that I have not helped to feed your addiction prior to this comment. I will try my best to do better from here on out. Questions are good, it keeps everyone thinking, just as long as no one cares if the questions don't really have an answer.

Chasity

4:52 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Hey, Dr. John -- sorry I haven't been around. I've had company and was distracted from the net. Still, I wanted you to receive your Monday comment.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Dr. John, I think I prefer your previous template. I don't know if it's my crummy old computer, but it doesn't line up very well on the page. I think it's my computer. But I did prefer your other template.

Josie

6:20 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Hi Dr John

I liked your logo you had previous to this one. Sorry if it made you cry.

I don't want to start a stampede to my blog, but if you are really interested in what an Old Fart looks like pay a visit. I call it my self portrait.

Blessings for a wonder week ahead for you and Betty.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Nice logo, welcoming. Did you do the frame work all by yourself? I am very impressed, that isn't an easy thing to do.

Yeah, you gotta check sites, code in IE and Firefox. It's like trying out a pair of pants and making sure their length and waist size work together.

8:46 PM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

Comment.. comment. comment.. leaving a comment..

Sorry I really don't have anything better to comment about but I'm leaving a comment becuase you like comments.. no matter how wierd and pointless..

Oh ya.. that logo looks like something my three-year old niece would like.. but i don't know if it's really right for the blog..

Have a great week!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I like the new fortress but I think its a tad too feminine for you...it would look great for Bettys blog...must be the pink. But not for you....now dont go into the closet and cry....lets get on with the next one.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Tina Dray said...

not to keen on the new logo Dr john hope betty is ok after all that snow shovelling

3:43 AM  
Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

Ok - now I see the logo. It needs a train and a train track.

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home