Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Logo number 2

Saying for the day- If at first you don't succeed quit.

Here is the second of the potential logos.

I have a feeling that yesterday’s isn’t going to make it.
I really liked the comment that it looked like it was on a green Lilly pad.

Today we have something very different.
Again I invite your comments.
I will not take offence but I may still go in the closet and cry.

I also learned that Explorer and Firefox don’t always see things the same way.
That was a kick in the head.
I hope there will be no technical problems with today’s.

If you intend to do a lot of blogging and want to shape your blog the link for yesterday is a great place for tips and techniques.
I marvel at what people have done with their blogs and hope to keep learning.

@@@@News from Pigeon Falls– the little town in my garage where the trains still run and dragons fly.-Only a few people showed up at Last Lutheran last night to remember Dr. Martin Luther King. Pastor Marvel thought that since it was the real birthday as well as the holiday it would be a good time to remember but not many others felt that way. Its not that they were against the celebration but just that they were busy with other things. Pastor Marvel was , to say the least, disappointed. Having no persons of color and believing themselves to be tolerant and loving Pigeon Falls missed the revolution.
Nancy and Tommy, the writer, are going to see Eragon tonight. Since there is no theater in Pigeon Falls they are going over to Iron Mountain.Tommy, the writer, said he would like to see a movie about dragons before he meets the dragon of Pigeon Falls. He may be disappointed since Pigeon Falls’s dragon is much smaller than that of Eragon. It also doesn’t have a rider and doesn’t seem to have bonded with anybody. Real dragons are always different from the ones that you see in movies.
Tommy, the undertakers kid, has seen the movie twice. He told Eino he is going to try to contact the Pigeon Falls dragon by sending thoughts to it. Eino told him that it won’t work because he didn’t start with the egg. But Tommy is going to try anyway. Of course he has to wait for the dragon to show up. Tom, the undertaker, says that his son should spend less time on crazy ideas and more time on school work. But school work is not nearly as exciting.
Her birthday is tomorrow and there still is no card from the President of Finland. Louise still hopes that her 100th birthday will include such a card. Everything else is going as planned. The street has been plowed and decorated . The two receptions are all ready. Its not every day that a town gets to celebrate the life of somebody who was a part of its history almost from the beginning.
*****

Link for today-My Internet Addiction- If you like magic here it is. Remember to put the magic words Dr. John in the comment .
Forgot to close this up yesterday. We made saffron buns and then wrapped and packed them. By the time we finished it was too late to mail them so we will do that in the morning. This will end the JCPOINTS era. To close it up I have three addresses I need and I hope they are forthcoming. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOLOLOL! Tommy trying to send thoughts to the dragon. I'd like to see a picture of that. I know this is probably what happened in the movie, but still -- I get this image of the rest of Pigeon Falls with puzzled looks on their faces not quite understanding what Tommy is trying to do.

This logo is a little better than yesterday's. Still prefer the original one.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Alastair said...

In an effort to be awkward, I preferred yesterdays logo - still kind of freaked out by the flashing word thing going on tho' Dr John!

Don't know why people thought pink was a problem for the castle yesterday, i thought it showed a man secure and in touch with his feminine side! ;-)

In the grand scheme of things, the original logo was a bit forbidding IMHO

6:30 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I like this logo more, though the Flashing Title will take getting used to.

I always use Firefox over Internet Explorer, only use IE when I have to like Updates from Microsoft.

Glad you popped over to see what an Old Fart looks like. I'm still figuring out all the goodies that came with the camera. I can only imagine when I learn how to make the videos.

Blessings for a wonderful day.

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yesterday's logo was not my favorite, but I liked it better than today's. Today's looks like something out of my kids' video games.

Go, Tommy (the undertaker's kid...the other Tommy seems to be doing just fine)! Anything seems to be possible in Pigeon Falls so why not telecommunication with a dragon?

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one is marginal, but better than yesterday's. Needs more white space at the top. Needs better balance on the page. Tomorrow's will be better, I hope. Keep working on it. Good luck.

7:59 AM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

Hmm... this logo is a little better.. tho' the text does get cut off on the top and on the bottom..

This is rather exciting..what's the logo gonna look like tomorrow.. tune in to find out..

It's the little things in life that excite me..

12:39 PM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

Hmm... this logo is a little better.. tho' the text does get cut off on the top and on the bottom..

This is rather exciting..what's the logo gonna look like tomorrow.. tune in to find out..

It's the little things in life that excite me..

12:40 PM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

Hmm... this logo is a little better.. tho' the text does get cut off on the top and on the bottom..

This is rather exciting..what's the logo gonna look like tomorrow.. tune in to find out..

It's the little things in life that excite me..

12:40 PM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

Hmm... this logo is a little better.. tho' the text does get cut off on the top and on the bottom..

This is rather exciting..what's the logo gonna look like tomorrow.. tune in to find out..

It's the little things in life that excite me..

12:40 PM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

Hmm... this logo is a little better.. tho' the text does get cut off on the top and on the bottom..

This is rather exciting..what's the logo gonna look like tomorrow.. tune in to find out..

It's the little things in life that excite me..

12:41 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Never ever quit Dr. John! You of all people know better than that. I never really knew code, blogging, javascripts, flash and all of the technical stuff just this past March!!!

I'm still learning new things every week. Here check this easy Louisy little thing out.

You may have to wait a few seconds but you'll see it. You Can't miss it. =O)

I like this one better than yesterdays. Yesterday's was nice but pink and pastels isn't quite your style. Take care Dr. John.

(Oh if you want this code for that peep show thingy - I'll email you the easy Louisy code snippet.)

12:54 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

I like your new logo. Did you do it yourself? I haven't figured out how to set up my own stuff like that. Good for you!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

Fortress: a military stronghold, esp. a strongly fortified town fit for a large garrison. • a heavily protected and impenetrable building. • figurative a person or thing not susceptible to outside influence or disturbance.

No don't go in the closet and cry Dr. John, but I wasn't really crazy about either. The pink one was, well, too pink. Pink is not the first color that comes to mind for the military. Nor did it look like a protected and impenetrable building. Actually it looked like it was made of paper.

As for today's fortress, it does look protected and impenetrable. But the words overwhelm the fortress. Which is ok if you want the focus on the words.

I still like the original - it gives the "big picture" with enough room for words.

Let's see what Wednesday and Thursday will bring!

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked the original one the best so far. Of course there are still more to come so I will patiently wait for them...I'm waiting here..

2:31 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

I got a kick out of today's logo-- you know, unfortunately, I do that more often than not! :0(

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed yesterdays logo! What was wrong with your original one? I thought the castle with dragon flying over was very cool.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

My neck hurts from looking up to the sky.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I think it's still my computer's fault, but I can't see your blog, except for a 1-1/2" strip down the middle of the screen. But your original blog was okay. So, I have to say that I prefer the original, so far. I thought it was very nice, in fact.

Josie

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dragon telepathy, huh? Tommy -- the undertaker's kid -- just might succeed. Wierder things have happened in Pidgeon Falls.

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From ek-Painting of the CF house may begin on Thurs. Thought you'd like to know just in case you make a trip here. Will try to call you.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home