Saturday, January 20, 2007

Under the new Flag

Saying for the day- Soon the new will become old.

We begin with the new logo.
The one that you picked.
I also have a confession to make.
The third logo was not created by me.
It was a gift from Margaret.
I really like it so I am going to use it every Wednesday.
A little variety can't hurt anything.
On the other hand I promise you that my two disasters will never be seen again.
I promise no more castles on a lily pad and no more castles from video games.
From now on only a real Finnish fortress in the logo.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls- the little town in my garage where trains still run and dragons fly-Tommy, the undertaker's kid, has been spending time at the county library reading all the books that he can find about dragons. He discovered that some writers believe that dragons are shapeshifters. They can turn themselves into anything. They could become a person, a dog, or even a rock. Now he wonders if the stone man in Eino's garage was really a dragon. He is trying to convince Eino that this is possible. It would certainly explain a lot of things. Tommy is also looking at any new people in town as possible dragons. He told Nancy she should watch Tommy, the writer, to be sure he isn't a dragon.
Nancy, of course, thinks that Tommy, the undertaker's kid, has lost it. She knows in her heart that Tommy, the writer, is not a dragon. He is the nicest, kindest, most thoughtful, person she has ever met. She told him what Tommy thought and they had a good laugh together.
Louise is till insisting she heard the dragon wish her happy birthday in Finnish. She said it was as clear as if the dragon was in the car with her. Her daughter is afraid she is beginning to lose it and may be a little senile.
Poor Eino is stuck with a dragon that might talk Finnish in your head, that could have been the stone statue in his basement, and might have been one of the hunters that came to town. He wishes Tommy, the undertaker's kid, would stop reading. Its bad enough that he knows what he and Tommy saw at the end of the tracks . He just can't handle any more stuff. If Pigeon Falls had a mental hospital Eino would sign himself in. He is thinking of going over to a nearby town and visiting psychologist, Dr. Angel Cider.
Has Tommy lost it ? Or has Tommy found it? How about the other Tommy is he really a dragon? Is Louise going senile? Will Eino get help in time? What did he see at the end of the track? and of course is Tommy really the undertaker's kid?
****

Link for today-Trish's blah blah blog- You will see that winter can be fun- Please put the words Dr. John in the comment. I said please.
It was a good day. I played games with my grandsons including another game of canasta with Alex as my partner. We lost to Betty and his Father. The had to go back in the afternoon so the boys could go to a birthday party for their step brother. Next week Pat's ex is getting married. She is very much pregnant. Life goes on. My grandsons will be in a home that has his kids, her kids, and our kid ( seven altogether). After they left I took a nap.Betty and Pennie went and bought a dresser for Pennie's bedroom. Tomorrow she is renting a truck and picking up a matress from Peter's house. We finished the day with another game of canasta which I won. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

13 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

During a conversation with Tommy, the writer, Tommy, the undertaker's kid, needs to quickly say something in Finnish and see if Tommy, the writer, responds. If Tommy, the writer, is the Finnish speaking dragon, Tommy, the undertaker's kid, might get him to reveal himself unaware.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

What JAnvangogh said -- I think.

Happy Saturday, Dr. John.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Just stopping by to wish you and Betty a wonderful Weekend. I do like this logo, but got to admit #3 was fun also.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Winter is upon us!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

I like this one because of the blue sky and bright colors - it looks sunny out. Margaret's was fine also, definitely my other favorite!

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

REALLY ... this new logo really pleases me ... especially since it is a real Finnish fortress.

The only reason that I would have preferred the third one is because of the King's photo, & that the fantasy theme was more in keeping with the fact that this is where we go for news of PIGEON FALLS.

LOIS

9:52 AM  
Blogger butterflies said...

I LOVE the new castle and wish I could actually visit it.
Have a nice weekend with Betty and please breathe.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I love #4 myself too, even though I made #3. Don't worry - when I get the hankering I'll dream up another again. I promise. =O)

(Got a prize in the mail today! Haven't sampled the Saffron Buns yet but will. Thank you for the little girl figurine. She looks almost just like our Katie-bug.)

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good, John .... bright and warm and inviting, just like your journal site. Suits you well !

10:09 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Dr. John, I really like this new template. It reminds me of Craigdarroch Castle where I grew up on Vancouver Island. Well, I didn't grow up in the castle, but it was near where I lived. :-) I don't know how to put the link in, so you have to cut and paste it. Don't they look similar?

http://www.craigdarrochcastle.com/

I've always known that dragons were shapeshifters. I've had a couple of bosses that were dragons in disguise.

Josie

10:25 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

I always think that is as good a time to get married as any, when a baby is on the way....haha.

Isn't it amazing how different we do things nowadays......we used to get married first, but now we want to sample the merchandize before we buy the whole package.

Personally I think you should pick the logo which suits YOU best. What do we know, haha. I liked the castle the best, but then I like castles......

1:36 AM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I thought for quite some time that snow comes around during Christmas Season. It's almost February and you're only have snow. Is this how it has been really. Like the new logo.
Just dropping by to say hello and thanks for the card.

2:02 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Well Dr John
did a new fortress header set
built of stone on solid ground with a moat & water all around
the dragon came and blew and blew
but could not burn the fortress down

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home