Friday, January 19, 2007

Time to Decide

Saying for the day-Every fork in the road changes our direction.

Here are the four logo's , all numbered. Now you can choose the one that you will see most often on this blog. It will be the main logo ( until I tire of it) Please VOTE. I value your opinion.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls- Tommy, the undertaker's kid , went to visit our birthday lady. He told Eino that the reason he hasn't been able to contact the dragon is that it might be a Finnish dragon. Eino reminded Tommy that the last Finnish dragon was supposed to have been killed by St. Urho. But Tommy, who is well read, said the dragon killed by St. Urho was the last English dragon. Its possible there were Finnish dragons that were smaller and didn't eat people. Eino just shook his head and thought that how could he , a rational man, end up arguing about what kind of dragon they had when dragons couldn't exist. In any case Tommy is now taking Finnish lessons from Mrs. Mattson.
Louise Mattson is showing the CARD she got from the President of Finland to anybody she meets. It is her pride and joy. She also has a card from President Bush but she can't remember where she put it. The card says the same thing the dragon said."Iloinen Alku" or happy birthday in Finnish.
The word around town is that Nancy and Tommy, the writer, were seen holding hands at the parade on Wednesday. Well to be more honest they were holding gloves. It wasn't very warm. Nancy and Tom, the writer not the undertaker, are at the top of the town's gossip list. Turn about is fair play. For the last few years Nancy has been dispensing gossip from her coffee shop and now she is the center of the gossip stream.
Petrovich is coming back next week. He has all kinds of new driblets to share. He thinks this time he can get it right. Eino wishes he would stay in Russia.
Mrs. Trumble has written up the entire story of the "occupation" and sent it to Homeland Security demanding an explanation. They had no right to treat American citizens in that fashion.
She has also contacted some of her government friends and is having them put some pressure on Homeland Security.
*****

Today's Link-The Peevery-A thought for the day- Please leave the words Dr. John in the comment because.......
I read another book today . I enjoyed it more than the last one. Betty took the next to the last JCPOINTS package to the Post Office, We have on left with no address. My grandsons from Madison came over for a short visit . Alex and I partnered for a canasta game and we won. Life is good. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

18 Comments:

Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Voting for #4. Such a lovely castle.
Have a wonderful day. All God's graces to you & Betty.

Blessed be...

6:34 AM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

I vote #4 too.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Number 4 has my vote as well

6:47 AM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

I decided I didn't want to leave a comment on the peevery sorry :(
I really wasn't sure what to say as I don't relate to the show they are talking about, or the peeve they have about it. another day eh!

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey wait a second. St. Urho drove out grasshoppers from Finland! -- tho I suppose a really pesty and annoying grasshopper could grow into a "dragon"!

I vote for 4

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NUMBER #4 (FOUR)

9:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

#4 is my choice. Reminds me that somewhere on the Isle of Skye in Scotland is a castle which belongs to some of my old, old family.

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Number 4, what a great castle. I'm glad Nancy is holding hands with someone - she's been working way too hard lately.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

No time to chat today . . . I still like #4 best. . . who is Lucille?

Manana!

11:06 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Hi Dr John,
can;t say I've found many forks on the road, the odd penny and maybr a spoon or two, but ... no, no forks
Only kidding - every day we either get out the 'right' side or the left side of the bed. Every day we either walk down well trodden paths or go another way just for fun. Often they get us to our destination, but who knows how often we change or cheat fate.

Did traveling another road save us from a traffic jam or car crash, did taking the wrong turning lead us astray ... and how long does it take us to find our way home.

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Received the saffron buns in the mail today. Thank you! They tasted just like I had imagined they would.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Thank you so much for the saffrin buns!!!! They came in the mail today and I shall have them with tea in the morning ( or whenever I get up). They look delicious....also thanks for the video!!! I love the box the stuff came in...I am saving the box...it is so cute I know I will find use for it.

OK..taaaaaa daaaaaaaaaaa


#4....hands down.

Have a great weekend Dr John and Betty!!!!!

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm late getting here today so I hope the voting's still open. Following the crowd, I vote for #4, too. It's bright and friendly looking.

Hope you both have a great weekend. We're bracing for the first snow storm of the winter.

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,Dr John hope you doing well my friend,#4 is the one.wasn't blogging for a while have lot's of reading to to catch up with.He!He!He!
Wishing you well :)

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dare I say it -- #4 -- it looks like a place I'd like to visit.

Finnish dragons with birthday message for 100 year old ladies are the rarest kind of dragons of all.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Dr. John, it looks like it's unanimous for number 4 (it gets my vote too). It really stands out. It looks like Craigdarroch Castle in Victoria:

http://www.craigdarrochcastle.com/

Cheers,
Josie

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, John ... can I be difficult? I suggest a number five. Which would be number four,combined with the pic of you from number three. That would be perfect !! Tina

10:28 PM  
Blogger Alastair said...

Adding my voice to the masses - number four.

4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home