Tuesday, January 23, 2007

On Staying in the Fortress

Saying for the day-The world is a stange and scarey place.

I’ve been doing a little reading and it has convinced me I should stay in the Fortress as the world is just too strange a place to venture out in.
Here are a few of the things I discovered.

The California's Golden State Fence Co. must have rejoiced when the government decided to do something about illegal aliens.
It put in a bid and received a contract to build part of the United States' immigrant-impeding barrier on the Mexican border.
Illegal immigrants were money in the bank for them.
That was until December when the government hit them with fines totaling nearly $5 million because it had been employing illegal aliens.
One has to wonder if the fence they would build would have secret entrances so they could keep getting employees. And wouldn’t their workers feel like traitors building a fence to keep out their brothers and sisters?

Britain's Darts Regulatory Authority announced in November that professional darts player Robbie "Kong" Green had been suspended for eight weeks after a positive drug test. The rat smoked a little weed to calm his nerves and that gave him an edge on his opponents. And you thought American Football players were bad.

In case you thought that only American streets were dangerous.
Police in Sydney, Australia, arrested 19 people in a two-family street fight in January and, according to Sydney's Daily Telegraph, confiscated "knives, baseball bats, metal poles, planks, branches, cricket bats, pick handles, screwdrivers, golf clubs, curtain rods and glass bottles," as well as hammers and machetes. It’s a good job they didn’t have any guns.

I have a good book to read and blogs to visit so I think I’ll just stay home.

@@@@-News from Pigeon Falls– The little town in my garage where the trains still run and dragons fly-As of this morning Tommy, the undertaker’s kid had been unable to contact the dragon. But not from lack of trying. His mother is beginning to worry that this obsession will cause his grades to fall. He has been, despite all the trouble he has been in, an A student.
Nancy is till humming and smiling and even giving free second cups of coffee. Tommy, the writer, has certainly made a big impact on her. In fact Uncle Eino is becoming a little concerned since they know so little about Tom Bradley. He seems genuine enough but the way things have been going lately in Pigeon Falls you can’t be sure. Eino is thinking of running a little background check.
Mrs. Trumble received an official response from Homeland Security. It said that the government had information that a terrorist group was going to test a virus on Pigeon Falls so they moved to protect the nation. They later discovered it was not true. They are sorry for any problems caused to Pigeon Falls. Mrs. Trumble is wondering if the government can get anything right. Eino says the whole story is hogwash. There were no doctors with the “occupation”. There was no blood taken. There were no tests. They weren’t looking for a virus. But he has no idea what they were doing.
Tom Maki, says he is going to get his hunting dogs some of that beer they are making in Europe for dogs. Then after a hunt both he and the dogs can settle down to a cold beer. Those Europeans sure know how to live.
******

Link for the Day-Quotes.dehumanizer.com- Need a quote. Here they are. Please leave "Dr. John" in the comment.
After saying I was staying in the Fortress I went out to the Doctor. I will blog about that tomorrow. Then we went and picked up the wheel for the snowblower. Then I was safe back in the Fortress. I watched a little TV then did some blogging. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ah,yes. I agree with you. I sometimes wonder if the people in charge of things ever really think their ideas through. The fence idea is funny. Do they really think the illegals will stop? And what about all the money it will cost us?

Think I'll just put a log on the fire and read, especially while Mr. Bush blathers on tonight.

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life sure is stranger than fiction. Case in point, that fence company. Talk about a conflict of interest!

Holy cow! I'm going to have to form the NCRA (National Curtain Rod Assoc.) to protect my right as an American to arm myself with a curtain rod.

I agree with Eino about the Occupation. There wasn't anything medical about it. Will we ever know the truth?

Blogs and books...a good plan for today. I think I'll join you since it's cold and snowing outside. Enjoy!

7:08 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Good idea to stay in the Fortress, some days I feel like that here too. The world is indeed a scary and strange place anymore.

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another test for Tommy the undertaker's kid to try on Tommy the writer. Invite him to the sauna, but before the heat is turned on. Tell him he is suppose to sit there while it warms up. But then Tommy the undertaker's kid should start to turn up the temperature. Dragons are cold blooded, they wont be aware of the temperature change.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Tina Dray said...

i totally agree the world as gone mad good job we've got blogging to keep us sane!!!

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you've finally come to your senses, Doc.

I never leave my fortress unless I'm forced to...and that's usually for Christmas dinner!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

What is this world ocming to? Don't worry Dr. John your treasures aren't stored here and your investments made in family, friends and congregations are safe and secure. I know this for a fact.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Hi Dr John

The world has changed and not for the better. Though the more it changes the more it stays the same. If we went through the history books I am sure each generation had their trouble makers.

Hope all went well with your visit today.

Blessings to you and Betty.

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I predict that Nancy's heart will be broken if Enio does the background check on writer, Tommy. Aw, heck. I predict her heart will be broken anyway.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Curtain rods????? What, no kitchen sink? That must have been some fight.

I used to have a dog that loved a cold beer once in a while, when no one was looking. A little Scottie named Maggie. Loved her beer. Lived to be very, very old.

Josie

7:48 PM  
Blogger butterflies said...

That was a funny story in Sydney..they were Greeks who are known for their passion..and it is a good thing NZ and Aussie doesnt have guns(tho every crim does).
Its a violent world we live in now and everyones so angry! Too much booze and speed and down here its all imported by the Chinese who never use it! Go imagine!
Breathe easy my friend.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Alastair said...

One of the joys is having kids is that they remind you that alongside the scary, there's plenty of stuff that's exciting! There's a whole lot of crazy too!

I kind of like being out in the madness...

This is just me offering an alternative view :-)

1:30 AM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Oh yes, you're very right there. The world is a scary place to live in. It wasn't many many years ago. Now-a-days, it just scares you to death if you think of it. Like you, I wouldn't want to go out. I'd rather stay home and blog whenever I have the time. Up early incase can't find the time later.
Thanks for the visit.

2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home