Saturday, January 27, 2007

High School

Saying for the Day: Some parts of our life should never be relived.

I thought I'd do a meme that I took from Catch.

Grad Year: 1957

1. Who was your best friend? Karl

2. What sports did you play? You have to be kidding

3. What kind of car did you drive? my parents, a Ford

4. It's Friday night, where were you? Home or at the movies

5. Were you a party animal? No

6. Were you in the "In Crowd"? No

7. Ever skip school? No

8. Ever smoke? No

9. Were you a nerd? Not smart enough

10. Did you get suspended/expelled? NO, but I got thrown out of study hall for laughing.

11. Can you sing the alma mater? No

12. Who was your favorite teacher? Howard Brown

13. Favorite class? French

14. What was your schools full name? Ishpeming High School

15. School mascott? Must have been a hunk of rock as we were the Hematite's

16. Did you go to Prom? Yes!

17. If you could go back and do it over, would you? Are you insane. I don’t even go to reunions

18. What do you remember most about graduation? The valedictorian muffed her speech.

19. Favorite memory of your Senior Year? I have no favorite memories of high school.

20. Were you ever posted up on the senior wall? No

21. Did you have a job your senior year? No

22. Who did you date? I went with Liz to the prom.

23. Where did you go most often for lunch? My aunt’s

24. Have you gained weight since then? Yes and no. I am now lighter than I was then.

25. What did you do after graduation? Went to college.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls– The little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and buildings come and go.– All of Pigeon Falls is in shock this morning. The New Potatoes basketball team won last night. After losing every game since the start of the season they won. Despite having only nine people that came out for basketball, despite the name, despite their record , they won! They played the Norway Knights. The Knights are a good team and nobody, including the coach, expected the New Potatoes to win. The Knights came in with an attitude that said “You shouldn’t even be on the court with us”. One of their players said to one of the New Potatoes “ Are we ever going to mash you.” Their fans carried signs that said “ Mash the Potatoes”. The cheerleaders even had a special cheer. “ Mash the potatoes, mash the potatoes, mash the potatoes. Yay! .It looks like the team had all it could take and just decided ; No More! They played an inspired game. Bob Maki’s son Fred shot a three pointer as the buzzer sounded which put them in the lead by two points and gave them the game. One of the New Potatoes said to the Knight who commented before the game “ Look who got mashed”. People feel so good in town today its almost as if the team had won a tournament. It had been such a long time without a victory. Somebody said they saw the White Rabbit this morning carrying a sign that said “Yay Team”. If they never win another game this year this one will be talked about for a long time.
Tommy has been talking to Bree on the phone and they have come up with a theory that explains the “Occupation” , the stone man, the vanishing building, and the mirror. He is going to share it with Eino this afternoon. He is sure it ties up all the loose ends. Of course it doesn’t explain the White Rabbit or the dragon but then he’s only a kid.
Petrovich says that the vanishing building fits into one of the Russian driblets which he will soon post on his website. This time he is sure he has it right. He wants to talk to Eino but Eino said he’d rather talk to Tommy. He still holds Petrovich responsible for all the chaos caused by his last pronouncement of the end of Pigeon Falls. Petrovich says that he still doesn’t understand the mistake he made then but this time he knows he’s right. The basketball team winning cliches it .
Nancy says she can hardly wait until tomorrow to go cross country skiing with Tommy, the writer. The temperature is supposed to drop to zero but it doesn’t look like that will stop them. The family cottage will be warm when they get there . The coffee will be on. They will be able to look out over “ The Lake of the Loon” which should have some ice on it. It will be beautiful. A little thing like zero degree temperatures won’t stop them. One doubts if even a full blizzard could stop them but it would stop the friend who is turning up the heat and making the coffee.
*****

Link for today:A little joy for today- Because we can all use a little joy. Joyfully leave the word Dr. John in the comment or if you must leave it with a frown.
Peter, Lori, and the grandkids came. We played canasta. Betty and Bree beat Pennie and I. Bree and I played Mancala which is a marble game. We split. Played towers with Luke. All in all it was a great day. Ended up playing a very slow game based on CSI. Did very little blogging. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

13 Comments:

Blogger Alastair said...

Thanks for the meme, Dr John, have taken it for my blog too!

6:23 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I hated high school....could not wait to get to college and take classes I wanted to take.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. John, our meme answers have a lot in common. However, I won't be stealing this one.

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. Those New Potatoes must have known that if they let the Norway Knights mash them, they would end up as lefse.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I liked your answers, unfortunately where I hated my high school years so I will not be partaking of the Meme.

On a happier note, the Saffron buns came yesterday and they are quite tasty. I am enjoying one as I say my Hello here.

Thankyou to you and Betty for sending them.

Blessings for a wonderful weekend.

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't get thrown out of study hall for laughing....I got a day of in-school suspension (sitting in a widowless room with nothing to do all day) for the same thing.

I borrowed this meme, too.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

A former boyfriend once asked me, "don't you wish you could be 17 again?"
No- I surely do not- you'd have to be insane to want to return to that age.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I'm back

Just found a fun Meme I did, though of you and how you like unique Meme's.

Now I am not one to tag anyone but if you like go visit my blog and take the Meme please feel free to borrow it.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

That's a great meme. I'm impressed that you remember that far back.

(running away snickering as you throw stuff at me.)

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

High School wasn't my greatest time either. We moved so much I was in a new school for senior year, I think I cried every day.
Yahoo for the New Potatos!

8:34 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Isn't if fun finding out about other people, however, I never like doing them about myself. haha

There is one thing that we have in common, we are glad to be OUT of high school. haha

12:11 AM  
Blogger Bare said...

Yay for the meme! I started somethin' good :0)

12:01 AM  
Blogger maria said...

Dr.John,

Thanks so much for mentionning
my blog.

Marie

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home