Monday, January 29, 2007

One Point Four

Saying for the Day- Give some people a rule and they will rush to break it.

It is “ Leave a Comment Monday” and I have discovered some interesting things about comments and this blog.
The blog gets on the average 95 visits a day.
It averages fourteen comments a day.

That means for every ten visitors 1.4 leave a comment. ( The very short comments are from the .4)
Lets say ten of those visits are from Friends in Crystal Falls who do not blog and have no idea how to comment.
One visitor is Ralph who never comments.
Five visitors are from Blog Explosion putting in their thirty seconds before rushing on to get more points.
Ten visits are from Google and when those people quit swearing they never leave a comment. They just mutter “Google is free ! Google is free!” Go back and try the next reference.

This leaves 69 visitors who could comment.
The question is why don’t fifty five of you comment?

Is the blog too dull?
Is it so philosophically out of reach that you can’t understand it?
Were you so upset with what is happening in Pigeon Falls you couldn’t comment?
Do you have trouble spelling?
Are you by nature shy?
Do you have trouble with Blogger’s spam blocker and just give up?
Do you find us too liberal or too conservative?
Were you in a hurry to get to your morning coffee?
Do you think the blog needs more color?
Do you feel a comment must be earned and only give them out as rewards?
Did your mother tell you never to comment on strange blogs?
Do you think the author is too weird ( find that out tomorrow when I answer a bothersome tag)
Do you just like lurking in the shadows?
Do you work for the CIA or FBI or some government fascist group spying on me?

Like all the questions on this blog those may never be answered.
What ever your reason for not commenting.

This is “ Leave a Comment Monday” So proclaimed by the “Committee on Blog Rules”.
You are expected on less your fingers are cramping to leave a comment.
Don’t break the rules.
You would be surprised what my pigeons can do to your car.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run , dragons fly, and love is in the air.-Nancy is positively glowing this morning. She and Tommy, the writer , had a wonderful time yesterday. First they skied out to the family cabin. That was exciting because he fell down three times on the trip. He is not nearly as good a skier as he said he was. That didn’t bother Nancy. She laughed at him and helped him up. The only time she was concerned was on the small downhill stretch where he almost hit a tree. On ce they made the cabin she teased him about it. Then the fire was ready as well as the coffee and they spent the rest of the day talking( That’s what they said) . Nancy’s friends had brought out the car and left it so they didn’t have to ski back for which Tommy was thankful. I think Nancy would have liked a blizzard which could have kept them over night but there is never a blizzard when you need one. They were back in Pigeon Falls by six o’clock. You might wonder why so early. Her friends didn’t leave any food and one can not live by coffee or love alone.
Tommy, the undertaker’s kid, met with Eino yesterday and shared his theory on the strange happenings in Pigeon Falls. Tommy suggested that the government had a secret research facility near Pigeon Falls where they are working on teleportation . First they had an accident with Hermit who was doing the original research. He was left as block of stone. Now they have worked out that problem but had some kind of accident and transported the entire town to some other location. That’s how he and Eino saw an expressway at the end of the track with all kinds of cars. Nothing like that anywhere near Pigeon Falls. Since the government did not want anyone to know they sent in the army to keep people from discovering they weren’t in Michigan any more. That’s when Tommy said to Eino “ Gee Toto I don’t think we are in Kansas anymore” . Which Eino did not find funny. The scientists got the town back in place except the tracks at the trestle were just a little off. The stone Hermit was still a problem so the government sent in a crack team that disabled Eino’s video, picked the lock on the closet, broke the door from the inside, teleported the statue away, and then turned the video back on and sent a man dressed like the hermit out through the door. The experiments continued and they accidentally moved the Masonic building but they corrected quickly this time. The entire process did something to the mirror which took time to reverse. Possibly the process made some kind of dimensional rift and the dragon and White Rabbit came through before it got fixed. Eino said that the entire explanation made sense and was reasonable but he still wasn’t sure that was it.
*****

Today's Link-Insanity Prevails- Looking for a good meme . Here is one.- Leave the word Dr. John in the comment or at least leave a comment.
Not much of anything happened today. I watched some television and blogged. That was about it. we were going to go to the show but Betty doesn't like to drive when it is snowing and it was snowing. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

26 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Eino. LOL. The entire explanation makes sense.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Good morning, Dr John!!
Just wanted to leave my comment before & forgot....again. Sorry!!
Hope this finds you & Betty well.
Have a terrific day.

Blessed be...

6:54 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I am guessing the ones who do not leave a comment are from prison.

7:42 AM  
Blogger randysouthernillinois said...

dread your blog every morning. I decided just now to sign for account. Start my day with "Dad" Dads Tomato Garden. Finish morning tour of blogs with you. These few moments get me off to a good start each day. Thanks-randy

7:44 AM  
Blogger randysouthernillinois said...

sorry- I Read your blog every morning-not DREAD lol

7:47 AM  
Blogger Tina Dray said...

i think i'm a point4 but i do leave a comment
hope you and betty are keeping well!

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, not the PIGEONS!! Here's my comment. Please don't send them. (Though they'd have to wait for the snow and ice to melt before they can do any damage to the car)

8:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, I'm leaving a comment today. I'm guilty sometimes of forgetting, or having brain freezes in which I can't think muchless comment.

Have a great day!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Gosh golly! I better leave a comment quick.

Some visits could be returning visitors like me, who like to read the comments of others later in the day. Plus I like to come back later and read your closing quips too.

Oh no, you've been tagged again! They're not too awful bad Dr. John... somedays we need bloggy material. I think I have a few "tags" on hold for days my brain wants to take a little vacation.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

How happy i'm to be here and leave you a comment. I'm much better and keep on doing everything they have told me to do. I have slept endlessly, it feels and it has been good.

I love your new template. It is beautiful. Of course i tought the one that Margaret made you was such a beautiful and toughtful present. It is a wonderful idea that you have it up once a wk too.

It is good to see that Pigeon's Falls keeps on tugging along. It is a magical place to escape to.

My thank you for your love, prayers and for caring for me and mine. Thank you to you and to Betty and the whole family.

I shall start to be around again, God willing. Much to come in the docs and tests and such but i shall start to blog a bit again.

I have just had the most delicious treats. I ate all 3 saffron buns that came in the mail with a most beautiful statue. Oh that was such a great treat! God Bless and thank you!! I love the buns, never had tasted them before and now i'm a big fan of them. Betty is a great baker. And the turtle/frog is just priceless and we love it..How grateful i'm for the all the gifts you guys shower me with..

Pls pass my love and hellos to the family. I shall read you tomorrow.

Ps. James is in hospital :(

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dr.John!
Been a long, long time for me. I'm here again after a long time missing in action. :)

Just for the record, I do comment whenever I am here, and I love your blog! I only wish I had time to visit all of my favorite ones on a regular basis. I'm trying to set aside one day a week where I can stop in and say hello. :)

Oh, and thanks to your post I'm reminded that it is "leave a comment Monday"! I'm finally here on the right day! :)

Have a wonderful week and keep up the great work!

Kim (Shilo)

11:07 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I know what you are saying about folks and the comments, or lack of comments they make. I have two different trackers on my blog and it is amazing the number that visit though a run of the day and the very few who comment.

Rest assured Dr John, your friends are stopping by to visit. And most times they leave a comment.

Wishing you and Betty a wonderful day.

PS I was to visit the Vampires today, soon I will hear the results.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Alastair said...

Dr John, its a joy to be here again - and here is comment to say that i can't think of anything to say apart from here is a comment....

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*quietly leaves the room* ;)

12:08 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Well, Dr. John... I have no idea how ya found me, but I'm glad ya did and I appreciate link today! I'm downright honored as a matter of fact! (i didn't notice a comment from you ... but it may have been the one that was anonymous even BEFORE blogger turned SO MANY anonymous!) ;o) At any rate... I have noticed the same comment problem on my blog that you have... I just assume that lurkers LIKE being lurkers and will never reveal themselves no matter how hard I plead... so I don't! I figure there are writers and in the world, and there are readers in the world... and God arranged that so it would work out for everybody! I happen to be a writer who ALSO reads... and reading about Pigeon Falls was sweet! I'll be back! Cuz now I've found you too!

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,Its been a long day for me but I am here and reading your blog my friend He!He!He!.
Wish you and Betty well :) .

2:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello - Dropping over from Melli's site, Insanity Prevails.

I was reading an article that says most sites traffic breaks down like this:

90% - Never leave a comment
9% - Leave one or an occasional comment
1% - Regularly leaves comments.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

I'm here, I'm here! Here is my comment!

You didn't have as one of your options "Are you too busy today?" I have had several busy days in a row, had to deal with a family emergency and was away. So some days I come in take a quick peak on a five minute break (just enough to mess up your counting statistics), but not enough time or too distracted to write something intelligent.

So, let me ask - if we know we won't be able to comment, should we not visit at all? Hmm - it doesn't really matter what you think because I'll be visiting when I can, even if there's no time to comment! LOL ;-)

3:36 PM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

i' m leaving a comment..But I fear as though I am dealing with the mailman on that olde sitcom cheers...

4:41 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

enters room, sits quietly in companionable silence....

6:23 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Wow Dr John! Im sure glad I leave a comment everyday...I wouldnt want to be in one of those catagorys...lol. I was here earlier and had to go do something before I got to leave my comment!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I have someone from Ireland who has been reading my blog for ages, and has never once commented. I wish they would, so I could "talk" to them, but they never do. Very, very bizarre.

Keep us posted on the teleportation experiments. It's something I've always wanted to be able to do.

Josie

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And here is my comment...I did a "blogger survey" over on The Cedar Chest in case you are interested in reading it. I found it interesting what the commenters had to say.

8:13 PM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

Oh no! I'm hope I'm not too late to leave a comment.. we are reaching the final hours of this Monday.. I hope I got in on time..

Just trying to pull up your comments per view ratio thing-a-ma-bob..

Oh ya.. thanks for the saffron bun.. it was very nummy!!!!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Leave a comment a monday, and I am finally getting around to it very early on tuesday.....late as usual. Somehow while away during the whole icestorm I realized that my life was far more interesting when I spent time with my family instead of with my computer! Imagine that...hehehehe.

I have spent more time on the phone talking to my nearly 3 yr old grand daughter, she's getting to be such a whoot!

I haven't seen her since Christmas of 2005, and will finally get to see her this May and can hardly wait! She already has a singing and piano concert planned for me, a tea party, a Curious George video watching party, toy playing party, ice cream eating, and who knows what else planned for the two of us to do! I don't care what we do, just as long as I can spend time with the "Princess of Quite Alot"!

12:30 AM  
Blogger Ginny said...

I missed Monday because I usually spend my time online in the morning. I am a regular non-comment leaving reader of your blog. I do enjoy reading it very much though!

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home