Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Fast Forward from Ralph 5

Saying for the day: The world is full of strange and different animals and that's only the people part.
This is another forward from my friend Ralph:

Some guy bought a new fridge for his house. To get rid of his old
fridge, he put it in his front yard and hung a sign on it saying: "Free
to good home. You want it, you take it." For three days the fridge sat
there without even one person looking twice at it. He eventually decided
that people were too un-trusting of this deal. It looked too good to be
true, so he changed the sign to read: "Fridge f! or sale $50." The next
day someone stole it.
Caution... They Walk Among Us!

One day I was walking down the beach with some friends when someone
shouted...."Look at that dead bird!" Someone looked up at the sky and
said,..."Where?"
They Walk among us!!

While looking at a house, my brother asked the real-estate agent which
direction was north because, he explained, he didn't want the sun waking
him up every morning . She asked, "Does the sun rise in the north?"
When my brother explained that the sun rises in the east, and has for
sometime, she shook her head and said, "Oh, I don't keep up with that
stuff."
They Walk Among Us!!

I used to work in technical support for a 24/7 call center. One day I
got a call from an individual who asked what hours the call center was
open. I told him, "The number you dialed is open 24 hours a day, 7 days
a week." He responded, "Is that Eastern or Pacific time?" Wanting to en! d
t he call quickly, I said, "Uh, Pacific."
They Walk Among Us!!!

My colleague and I were eating our lunch in our cafeteria, when we
overheard one of the administrative assistants talking about the sunburn
she got on her weekend drive to the shore. She drove down in a
convertible, but didn't think she'd get sunburned "because the car was
moving".
They Walk Among Us!!!!

I told the girl at the steakhouse register that I wanted the half-pound
sirloin. She informed me they only had an 8-ounce sirloin. Not wanting
to make a scene, I told her I would take the 8-ounce steak instead of
the half-pounder.
They walk among us!

My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car it's designed to cut through
a seat belt if she gets trapped. She keeps it in the trunk....
They Walk Among Us!

My friends and I were on a Pepsi run and noticed that the cases were
discounted 10%. Since it was a big party, we bought 2 cases. T! he cash ier
multiplied 2 times 10% and gave us a 20% discount...
They Walk Among Us!

I was hanging out with a friend when we saw a woman with a nose ring
attached to an earring by a chain. My friend said, "Wouldn't the chain
rip out every time she turned her head?" I had to explain that a person's
nose and ear remain the same distance apart no matter which way the
head is turned...
They Walk Among Us!

I coul dn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area. So I went to the
lost luggage office and told the woman there that my bags never showed
up. She smiled and told me not to worry because she was a trained
professional and I was in good hands. "Now," she asked me, "Has YOUR
plane arrived yet?"...
They Walk Among Us!

While working at a pizza parlor I observed a man ordering a small pizza
to go. He appeared to be alone, and the cook asked him if he would like
it cut into 4 pieces or 6. He thought about it! for so me time before
responding. "Just cut it into 4 pieces; I don't think I'm hungry enough
to eat 6 pieces.
Yep, They Walk Among Us, too!
Sadly, not only do they walk among us, they also reproduce, and get elected to public office.

@@@@ News from pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run, its too cold for dragons, and life goes on as usual-Pigeon Falls is in the middle of a blizzard. You know it a blizzard because they canceled school and tonight’s basketball game. The weather has to be really bad to cancel a basketball game. The superintendent's decision will be talked about all day and if all the roads are clear by this evening everybody will know he was wrong.
Nancy still had a few customers this morning. They were upset with game canceling and Pastor Marvel’s leaving in that order. The primary town religion is always more important than the secondary.
Fred Bubster left yesterday before the blizzard. He wasn’t here long but he will be missed. Anybody who brings free beer will be missed. But now people know there is a Bub beer. Some even know the slogan “ Your not a bud if you don’t drink BUB.”
Pigeon Falls sent out its annual tax assessments yesterday. People are screaming all over town. They want to know how, in a town where property isn’t selling. The value of their house could go up. It is mystery even Eino can’t solve.
****

Today's Link-Madhukar's Blog- If your feeling a little stressed this is the blog for you. Please tell them Dr. John sent you . It will hep relieve your stress.
For those of you who are concerned about my health my blood oxygen levels were up slightly this morning. That's a good sign. I am breathin g better that's a good sign. I am back to blogging I don't know is that's a good sign or not.
I spent the moring cleaning up my link list. The three blogers that have decided not to blog for a bit I have moved to the bottom. I added the Cedar Chest the group and moved things around a bit. I took all four of the links that took us to a blog that sent us to where the person was blogging now and put in their new address. I gave Bazza and address that works. My link list is ment to be used by me, though others are welcome to use it. It allows me to visit the blogs that I want to visit. Then I watched my soaps. I visited all the links except the ones on the bottom. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

19 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

you have posted so very early. 5:08 is way too early. i'm concerned that means you had a bad night and didn't sleep much. ????? ...i do hope i'm wrong.. also, your pigeon's fall is shorter than usual...i hope it's not because you are so unwell...i will come back to check if you update anything..i pray that you are on the mend very soon...pls take care. we all need you and love you so much.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Good morning Dr John!!
I heard you weren't feeling well. We just cannot have that. Too many of us rely on your wise counsel & wonderful comments, not to mention your beautiful writings & stories from Pigeon Falls.
So I hope you take it easy today & are feeling up to par soon.
Many prayers for your good health.

Blessed be...

6:13 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

it's all good news and i'm very happy..it will only get better from now on we pray...whoo-hooo...now, pls take it easy and maybe take a siesta, rest is very good..and keep on dringking lots of water..water is always good and no everything, everything nurse Betty asks of you ;)

7:36 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

lol..i meant 'do' everything Betty asks....ayyy, see why i should read before i publish my comments.. :)

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are improving! Take care of yourself today (and everyday) so you'll soon be back up to par.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Alastair said...

Breathing and blogging - first takes priority, obviously, but am glad you are doing both! Be well, Dr John

9:27 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I will say a prayer for you Dr John that you are feeling better. I am glad you are able to make your post everyday, it is a highlight of my day to come here and visit.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Of course it's a good sign! Glad your levels are up and all is well. It's that soap opera that you watch that is doing it too you. Taking your breath away - causing you to gasp and hold your breath to wait an entire weekend on a Cliffhanging Friday show.

Watch Cartoons, they're good for the heart. =O)

10:28 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Good that you are breathing better. I think the sun may have something to do with getting up earlier. I noticed I have been doing the same thing.

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

great post! glad to hear your feeling better today...keep up the good work!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I can't post a comment, I'm laughing too hard. That's hysterical. There are some really, really stupid people out there.

I'm glad you're feeling better.

cheers,
Josie

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I little birdie told me you are not feeling too well dr.john. Hope you get well soon and sending my thoughts.
jafabrit

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings to you, Dr. John.

I am sorry to hear you are not feeling on top. I will add you to my prayers.
Thank you for your kind comment. Sadly, it seems some people are not happy unless they make someone unhappy. I wish instead of those people, we had more "they are out there" types. At least then, we could all laugh at instead of hurt.
Rest well, and get better.
4

6:26 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Hey, if it were me, I would have gone back and bought 8 more cases, so I could have gotten it all for free.........

I hear you have been feeling a bit under the weather here leately, so I hope your are feeling some better. Rest and chicken soup, and then there is always grandma's mustard plaster.......

7:04 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

my dear friend, you are right, my blogging time is precious and it's because of that, that spending it on my dear friends is so worth it. you could never or will ever be anyone, less mine waste of anything. you are worth everything and anything. it is not out of kindness but love. now sleep well please and take care. God Bless.

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dr. John, Very funny post. I printed that off and gave it to one of the underwriters at my work to read at lunch time. She was howling in her office and then she said she put it on one of our coworker's desk so he can read it when he gets back from his vacation. It was really funny. Thanks for the laugh and the link up. :)

9:10 PM  
Blogger Tina Dray said...

hope your feeling brighter Dr John!
enjoyed the stories!

12:23 AM  
Blogger butterflies said...

Hi Dr John..hope youre feeling better today.
Me and James had the same thing happen with a desk we set outside.No-one wanted it til we put a sign for sale on it! Bizarre!
Tell Betty Im praying for her too..I know how much strength it takes to care for someone.

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home