Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Fast Forward from Ralph 6

Saying for the Day- Sharing what somebody else writes is not plagerism but its close.


Again it is time to share with you one of those gems that my friend Ralph has forwarded to me.

Top ten things you'll never hear a dad say...

10. Well, how 'bout that? I'm lost! Looks like we'll have to stop and ask for directions.

9. You know Pumpkin, now that you're thirteen, you'll be ready for car dates. Won't that be fun?

8. I noticed that all your friends have a certain hostile attitude. I like that.

7. Here's a credit card and the keys to my car. GO CRAZY!

6. What do you mean you wanna play football? Figure skating's not good enough for you, son?

5. Your Mother and I are going away for the weekend. You might want to consider throwing a party.

4. Well, I don't know what's wrong with your car. Probably one of those doo-hickey thingies--ya know--that makes it run or something. Just have it towed to a mechanic and pay whatever he asks.

3. No son of mine is going to live under this roof without an earring. Now quit your belly-aching, and let's go to the mall.

2. Whaddya wanna go and get a job for? I make plenty of money for you to spend. Here's $100.

1. What do I want for Father's day? Aahh -- don't worry about that. It's no big deal. (Okay, he might say it, but he doesn't mean it!)

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls– The little town in my garage where the trains still run, boys talk to rocks, and the basketball team keeps winning-March madness started last night and the New Potatoes won their first tournament game ever.The town has suddenly sprouted signs in almost every window. “ Go New Potatoes” “ All the way” “ We are number one”. People walk around carrying those silly gloves that say “# 1” . There are banners on cars. No wonder they call this March madness.
Over at Nancy’s the talk now is all basketball. People are pretty sure that the team is going downstate. Now a good number of people have made reservations at downstate motels. A bus has been chartered and people have signed up to go. All this and they have only won one tournament game. There are three more before they make it downstate. In tournaments anything can happen. But for the moment basketball is king.
Tommy UK now takes his little rock with him wherever he goes but at least he seems to have stopped talking to it. His father thinks that’s a good sign. He is walking well. His run in with the deer is now behind him. Saturday he plans on going skiing again. Life is returning to normal.
The moving came for Pastor Marvel’s furniture this morning. Twenty years of history packed up and sent to Florida. Some of Mrs. Marvel’s friends had a party for her last night, despite the game. There was a lot of laughing and crying. So many many memories. Pastor’s spouses end up going where God calls the Pastor.
The word from the Bishop is that he has an interim pastor for Last Lutheran. His name is Norman Moe. He is a graduate of the Lutheran School of Theology in Chicago. He has been pastor in three parishes but now is just filling in as interim where he is needed. The Bishop recommends him highly. The council will vote on him tomorrow night. He could be here by next week. Life moves on.
Joe over at the Fly Inn says people love the taste of Bub beer so he has order another twenty cases. The same thing is true at the grocery store. Pigeon Falls has become a little Bub outpost.
*****

Link for the Day-American Babble. com-How should one celebrate St. Patrick's Day? Here are some suggestions ( well one suggestion)- Leave the usual Dr. John in the comment as it might help with the headache.
I thought I was going to spend most of the day trying to fix this blog but then I read the comment from " The Old Fart" and as if by a miracle my blog is back. Thank you "Old Fart"
What a wonderfuyl day. No oxygen today at all and the levels stayed up there. My sister called. I did a jigsaw puzzle on the net. I watched my soaps. Then Betty and I left the Fortress. I went grocery shopping. No shortness of breath. I could have sung but then they would have thrown me out of the store so I didn't. When we came home I blogged. All in all a great day. Now I'll take a breathing treatment because she who must be obeyed said that I must no matter how I feel.
GBYA

12 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

yuppii for you and the Old Fart!!! how nice to have good friends..now, no more headache or stress..;)

7:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love that list. My kids would love to have had that when they were at home.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Terry Stanley, The Art Lady said...

I am sending the list to my daughter - hopefully it will help her in dealing with Dad and Stepdad! Good luck to the Pastor...

8:50 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Funny stuff Dr John, these are definitely things My Dad would never say. I am glad you got your old template back. Glad I was able to help you. One thing I did do with my own blogs was copy and paste the Template html codes into word pad and save on my computer. I now have another copy in case the Blogger Server should lose everyones blogs.

A Blessed day is wished for you.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Thanks Old Fart for saving Dr. John's Fortress! (Between you and I it looked like he was trying to dig a moat down the middle of it?) Hehehehe.

Glad to see it back in order. Great forward yet again today. My father wouldn't had uttered any of that I'm sure. However, a little creativity and reverse physchology in raising kids may help at times.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Kat Campbell said...

Things a Dad wouldn't say...that was funny! I'm worried about the interim pastor, Moe? Surely he won't be bringing Larry and Curly with him.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Didnt Tommy "hear" the dragon talk? Could be Tommy UK is perfecting this thought transfer technique. Sort of like becoming a ventriloquist, eventually you dont move your lips.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

What a great list! I love it. I wasnt allowed to car date till I was 16! I felt like a spinster by then! So glad your blog is back to normal! AS you have said before...Blogger has its problems....but its free! ;))

2:05 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Those lists are great. Thanks for the visit.

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hysterical! thanks for sharing...

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant list. I didn't see one that my father would even remotely say or think.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

just a quick note to say how happy i'm that you got out and your lungs didn't complain..that you are better...Whooo-Hooo! i'm delighted..hope you are sleeping soundly and breathing easier..

much love and read you tomorrow..God Bless..XOXOXOXO to Betty too..

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home