Thursday, March 29, 2007

A Finnish Klingon Politican

Saying for the Day- A good politician is a contradiction in terms.

I try to keep up with what is happening in Finland because it is a creative little country. In my studies I ran across the fact that in March, incumbent parliamentary candidate Jyrki Kasvi launched the new version of his campaign Web site, written entirely in the Star-Trek language Klingon.
Unlike American politicians Finnish politicians want to reach every minority group. They know that people who speak Klingon vote ( except for those couple of far too smart twelve year olds). The Finnish motto is “ no vote left behind”.
Knowing our American politicians willingness to copy a good thing it won’t be long before we have American campaign web-sites in Klingon . Then the much harder to accomplish but still possible website in Vulcan will follow. Perhaps even a website in Borg. You place your hands on the computer screen and you will be instructed how to vote.( Resistance is futile)
There are so many possibilities now that the Finns have opened the box.
There is a language that no American politician would dare to publish a website in. You can find it in the “Inheritance Series” and in “ The Wheel of Time”. It is called the Old Tongue or the old language. It has magic qualities. The problem with it is that you can not lie in it and any promise you make must be kept.
What could an American politician put in such a website? His or her name and that’s about it. After that the false promises and the lies begin.
If only they were real languages we might require all politicians to have a website in the Old Tongue. It sure would help us poor citizens.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where basketball is king, trains still run, and the Liar’s Club contest will soon close.– Big basketball dinner tonight. They asked Pastor Moe to give the opening prayer he, of course, declined. The Methodist Pastor was more than willing. Pastor Moe has upset those parents that belong to Last Lutheran and have sons on the team. He doesn’t seem to care because he knows he is right and that’s what counts.
The Liars’ Club met yesterday and read Quilldancer’s entry/ Here it is:
I'm a school teacher well respected in my community and not given to flights of fancy, but I swear, my newest student, Jimmy, is a dragon. I saw him change the other day. It was nearing lunchtime. He said he was very, very hungry and he had to eat. He said if he didn't eat, something bad would happen. I reminded him that recess was in 20 minutes, and lunch would be right after. He insisted that he'd never make it. Of course, I thought he was exaggerating.

About 15 minutes later I told the students to finish up their math and get ready for recess. They tidied their desks and lined up at the door. Jimmy was in the back of the line. Tulie, our classroom bully, was right in front of Jimmy. I signaled the student line leader to open the door and told everyone to walk to the playground. As they filed out, the air around Jimmy started to shimmer. In the blink of my eye he transformed into a huge, yellow-bellied, grayish-green dragon. In the next instant, with a glup and a burp, he swallowed Tulie.

Almost immediately Jimmy was Jimmy again and the dragon was gone. Tulie was gone as well. He has never been seen again. There is an amber alert out for Tulie and his picture is being circulated far and wide, yet I predict he will never be found. I would tell the police what I saw, but I am afraid they'd never believe me and my career would suffer. Besides, the classroom is rather pleasant now that Tulie is gone, and I owe Jimmy a good turn for getting rid of him. Of course, to keep Jimmy from eating anyone else, I keep plenty of classroom snacks on hand, and Jimmy gets the dragon's share of them.

The other entries can be read by clicking HERE. Contest ends March 31.
*****

Tpday's Link-Musings of a Maniac- Another look at American Idol with somme very clear opionions. Please leave a very clear Dr. John in the comments.
I started a new book but its not as interesting. I watched my soaps. We went shopping. We bought nothing. I visited most of my links. Thus went another dull day in the life of Linna. Now I will take a breathing treatment.
GBYA

11 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Jimmy's got a great future as a hit man.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Imagine if the politicians kept all their promises!!! Wouldnt that be something...heck if they kept even one of them it would be something!

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Finnish Klingon? I believe I've heard of everything now.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

Good dragon story. Although I do have mixed feelings about the outcome.

It seems little Jimmy is a politician in the making.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

It would be nice if all politicians everywhere kept even some of their promises and didn't lie but told the truth.

A wonderful day is wished for you

9:27 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

No American politician speaks Old Tongue, but they all speak Forked Tongue. :)

10:41 AM  
Blogger Alastair said...

Would it surprise you that I can speak Klingon? Well, I can a remember a few of the curses on the language tape! Also 'kaplaa' and 'nuqneq'!

Perhaps I should be a politician?

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pastor Moe is going to be pushing people away from God if he doesn't get over that 'holier-than-thou" stuff.

Politicians that couldn't lie -- the mind boggles.

7:30 PM  
Blogger zzyytt said...

goyard
yeezy boost
cheap nfl jerseys
lebron 11
nike air max 2019
goyard wallet
yeezys
converse shoes
coach outlet
kobe basketball shoes

7:45 PM  
Anonymous all bare footrunning genuine said...

I’ve read a few good stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how much effort you put to make such a fantastic informative site. all bare footrunning genuine

4:10 AM  
Anonymous expert fiscal said...

I admit, I have not been on this web-page in a long time… however it was one more joy to see It is such an significant topic and also ignored by so many, even professionals. I thank you to support making people more aware of possible issues. expert fiscal

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home