Friday, March 23, 2007

Maggie



Saying for the day-A good dog lets you think you are in control.

Here are some pictures of Maggie , the new Queen if the Fortress.

























@@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls- The little town in my garage where the trains still run , boys talk to rocks, and the Liar's Club contest goes on-The championship game is tomorrow and by noon today the little town of Pigeon Falls will be almost empty as everybody leaves for downstate.
The Liar's Club met last night and the newest entry in the dragon contest was read. And here it is:

The Last Thing I Remember….
Alpha Dude
March 21, 2007

It was a day just like any other day in our sunny little Southern California town. Oildale is a small town, but my little 8 year old mind was only aware of our small street in our little corner of the world.

It was a warm summer’s morning. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, my puppy Rascal was playing in the yard. The year 1969 was a great time to be alive, and at 8 years old, I didn’t have a care in the world. You could hear the sounds of children laughing and playing around our small piece of the neighborhood.

I saw my best friend Randy, who lived two houses down, and we immediately joined forces and began to enjoy this miraculous day together. Randy and I have been best pals since we were two. We had a great time that morning.

The ice-cream truck came by just as it was starting to get warm. We found a dime on the sidewalk so we both got a popsicle. Randy got a cherry flavored one and mine was grape. The popsicles melted fast in the summer sun and in no time we were both a gooey sticky mess. But, oh man, they sure tasted good!

Someone was washing their car up the street so we took our popsicle sticks and had “boat” races in the gutter. When we got bored with that, we found some sticks and played cops and robbers, then cowboys and Indians, running up and down the yards in front of our houses. We were just your typical little boys having fun and enjoying the day.

After a while, Randy said, “Hey, let’s go play in my back yard!”

We ran to Randy’s house and hopped the fence. Yes, we could have used the gate, but climbing over the tall wooden fence was more fun. I gave Randy a leg up and he climbed over first. I jumped up, grabbed the top and pulled myself over. When I hopped down onto the concrete, I saw Randy just standing there. His eyes were wide and focused straight ahead and the look on his face was of sheer terror. I turned to see what had Randy so frightened and that’s when I saw it.

It was an enormous creature I had never seen before. It looked like a giant lizard, sort of like Godzilla, only with a long snot and huge sharp teeth and a forked tongue (like a snake’s tongue). It had yellow eyes and horns on it’s head and had pointy ears. It was sort of shaped almost like a kangaroo with big legs and small arms, but the hands and feet were claw-like and it’s skin was all scaly like a crocodile and it had small bat-like wings and a long pointy tail. As smoked poured from its nostrils, I noticed something fall from its mouth to the ground. It was Rascal’s collar!

The beast’s mouth opened wide and it let out a deafening ROAR! The smoke poured out even faster and I felt a sudden sensation of heat as I saw flames coming from its mouth and…….

That’s the last thing I remember, Lord. The next thing I know I am standing here on streets of gold taking to You.

You can see the rules for the contest and the other entries, thus far by clicking HERE.

*****
Today's Link-Whiskey's- Shot of the Day- How to handle a kid in Wal Mart-Leave a little childlike Dr. John in the comment.
A good day. Pennie took the day off to be with the dog. Betty and I drove to Green Bay. We did a little shopping ,including stopping at New Hobby . Then we went to Peter's house. I played scrabble with Bree and won. Yhat almost never happens. Pennie came with the puppy and it became the center of attention. I missed my soaps. I did get some reading in while they played with the dog. Then we brought my grandchildren home with us. They will stay until Sunday, I think. I simply had no time for anymore blogging. Now I will have a breathing treatment.
GBYA

14 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Cute dog. You should start teaching her which way is north, south, east and west.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Beautiful little furkid!! Thanks for sharing her first pics...I'm sure there will be more to come.
Have a wonderfully blessed weekend.

Blessed be...

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All hail Queen Maggie! She is gorgeous and looks like she has the makings of a good companion.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

Cute Puppy.

Have a blessed day, Dr. John!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Too adorable! I bet she loves belly rubs. Believe it or not, she's going to make a very welcomed addition and I'm certain a loyal companion in the months to come.

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since this contest is obviously dead, he can't win. I know it's a Liar's Contst, but the point is to make people think you're telling the truth -- so, the guy has to be dead. It would be ridiculous to lie about being dead -- things like that are rather noticible, especially after a couple of days.

(Good story.) :D

9:25 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Good name
for the new fortress queen!

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maggie, what a symetrically faced little sweetheart. I love the design on her face. Was it a special order or God's idea?

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life is not worth living without a dog and your new princess is adorable!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Maggie is quite the pretty little puppy.

A blessed Weekend is wished for you and Betty

7:33 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Dr. John, Maggie is absolutely beautiful. I hope you and she become very good friends, and she continues to let you live there as long as you feed her and give her lots of cuddles...:-)

Cheers,
Josie

7:42 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Maggie is going to be a good sized dog.......and very cute. Looks like she is settling in nicely........looks happy content, and like she is taking charge. She looks a bit like Lou also, but I swear, Lou hasn't been that far from home. haha

hmmmmmmmm years ago, when I was a girl, we used to go to the River to swim, and we would stop along the way and pick up the neighbor ladies springer spaniel, named MAGGIE, to go with us. She was huge, had bright red curly hair, and loved the water. She would let us hang onto her neck and she would pull us all over. She weighted about 120 lbs, and I weighted about 60. I loved that dog......I often think about her.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

or was she a water spaniel, I need to look it up and see which one is biggest, all I know is, look out when we got close to water, she made a beeline for the river, she loved it............

9:30 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Is this the dog that Lori and family were keeping for you? She is a beautiful dog!!!! I love her!

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home