Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Fast Forward from Ralph 8

Saying for the Day- Things are not always as they seem.

Its Wednesday and time for a forward from Ralph:
Senior Driver
The other day I went up to a local Christian bookstore and saw a "Honk if you love Jesus" bumper sticker.
I was feeling particularly sassy that day, because I had just come from a thrilling choir practice followed by a powerful prayer meeting, so I bought the sticker and put it on my bumper.
I was stopped at a red light at a busy intersection just lost in thought about the Lord and how good He is, and I didn't notice that the light had changed.
It is a good thing someone else loves Jesus; because if he hadn't honked, I'd never have noticed.

I found that LOTS of people love Jesus. Why, while I was sitting there, the nice man behind started honking like crazy, and he leaned out of his window and screamed, "for the love of God, GO! GO!" What an exuberant cheerleader he was for the Lord.
Everyone started honking! I just leaned out of my window and started waving and smiling at all these
loving people.
I even honked my horn a few times to share in the love. There must have been a man from Florida back there , because I heard him yelling something about a sunny beach.
I saw another man waving in a funny way with only his middle finger stuck up in the air. When I asked my teenage grandson in the back seat what that meant, he said that it was an Hawaiian good luck sign or something.
Well, I've never met anyone from Hawaii , so I leaned out the window and gave him the good luck sign back.
My grandson burst out laughing; why even he was enjoying this religious experience.
A couple of the people were so caught up in the joy of the moment that they got out of their cars and started walking towards me.
I bet they wanted to pray or ask what church I attended, but this is when I noticed the light had changed.
So I waved to all my sisters and brothers, smiled at them all, and drove on through the intersection.
I noticed I was the only car that got through the intersection before the light changed again, and I felt kind of sad that I had to leave them after all the love we had shared, so I slowed the car down, leaned out of the window, and gave them all the Hawaiian good luck sign one last time as I drove away.

Praise the Lord for such wonderful folks!

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls– the little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, poltergeists do what they do, and life goes on as usual-Poor Tom Hasmore. He is convinced the Pastor acted outside of the constitution but he can’t get anybody to listen to him. The general feeling seems to be that if the Pastor did it it must be alright. But this is nonsense. Pastors are human. They can do wrong things. This one has spent all the money in the building fund without a vote of the congregation or even the council. The odd thing is that if the Pastor had asked the council for a vote Tom would probably have voted yes. He always voted with the pastor. Now he finds himself trying to get people to look at what the Pastor has done. He called the Bishop again b ut the Bishop told him to be careful. There is a “persistent troublemakers “ clause in the constitution that allows a congregational member to be excommunicated. The Hasmore family has belonged to Last Lutheran since it was founded and Tom does not like being threatened with removal. But, he says, right is right and legal is legal.
Poor Pastor Moe now has a group of people opposing him in the congregation and something out there doesn’t like him. He no longer goes into Nancy’s Coffee Shop but yesterday when he was just passing by outside something pushed him into a snow bank. The snow then seemed to fly up and pour down on him. When he got up and walked down the street to the church it was as if he had his own personal snow storm. It seemed to be snowing on him alone.
Petrovich says that Nancy’s poltergeist is a sign of the end of the world and he is sure that one of the driblets said something about a “ being that is but is not “ . That being “ troubles the Holy One of God”. He just can’t remember which driblet it was .
Buddy East says that two of the judging committee have turned in their votes and he will push the other five to get theirs done. You can see the dragon stories HERE.
******

Today's Link-GNMParents-There is a basic lesson on family here. Please leave a DR. John in the comment.
It was a long day. I blogged in the morning. Then Esther came. We had a good visit. Then I watched my soaps . After that I did my income tax and filled on line. I ended up owing the government money. Income tax is not a happy time for me. I need to contact my pension board and have them withhold more money. Then Pennie came home and we played canasta. I was behind for the entire game but I won at the end. Now I will take a breathing treatment.
GBYA

7 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Sounds like Pastor Moe could get a job at a ski resort if things dont work out for him in Pigeon Falls.

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no religious stickers on my car, because if I had any I'd feel more obliged to drive the speed limit.

In our church the Pastor would have a heck of a time pulling a "Pastor MOe" without the signature of at least one of the trustees. Two signatures on every check.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Are you sure Ralph isn't AKA Clair? They sure forward a lot of the same things!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I love that joke! I noticed a lot more agression since I tacked on my Jesus Fish - but that's okay.

I promise not to run any drivers with Darwin fishies off the road. I'll pray for them instead.

12:27 PM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

Hahahah! That story completely had me laughing out loud!

Hahahah!

6:03 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

We have that good luck signal here also.....the Hawaiian one, but here it is a Georgian one. Just the other day, someone tried to pass a big truck on a curve and made me head towards the ditch and slam on my breaks, to avoid hitting him......and so I waved to him a "Georgian Good Luck greeting" with my middle finger, because I really felt if he continues to drive like that, he needs all the luck he can get...............

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one made me chuckle. :)

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home