Monday, April 16, 2007

Monday and the task continues

Saying for the day: Sometimes what we"know" keeps us from seeing what is.

Another “ Leave a Comment Monday” has come sliding in and its time to continue with my thankless, self appointed task of translating old sayings into sayings for the internet.

1. I am as lonesome as a solitary comment
2. I came, I saw and I commented
3. I cried because I had no comments until I saw the man who had no blog
4. I didn't like the color of his comment

5. I double dog dare you to comment
6. I feel like a warmed over comment
7. I have nothing to offer but blood toil tears and comments
8. I laughed till I commented

9. I might as well comment I can't dance
10. I wasn't born commenting
11. I won't take no for a comment
12. I wouldn't give you two bits for his comment

13. If at first you don't succeed, comment, comment again
14. If his comments were lard, they couldn't grease up a good size skillet
15. If I commented once I commented a thousand times
16. If life gives you words, make comments

17. If the comment fits, wear it
18. If wishes were comments, we'd all have a lot
19. If you can't stand the comments, get out of the blog
20. Ill gotten comments

Now its time for you to take the subtle hint and comment.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly free, and life goes on as usual.-The big question in Pigeon falls is “ Is Nancy’s poltergeist dead?” For that matter do poltergeists die? Since the great battle on Saturday there has been no sign of the poltergeist. Nancy says she almost misses it. All her tea cups, all her buns, all her coffee stays where it is supposed to. It almost feels like somebody died.
Mrs. Trumble is telling people that she alone with her blessed bullets can take on the demon dragon. She has called a special council meeting to get the town ordinance on guns removed so she can bring in the “dragon slayer”. She just might get her way.
TommyUK( Undertaker’s Kid) wonders about what kind of weapon the dragon had and where dragons go to get weapons. He had never heard of a poltergeist gun nor had he come across it in his reading.
Since none of this is rational poor Eino doesn’t know what to think. He has ended up with a headache too big for a Tylenol. He watched the big battle from the front of the garage but he knows there are no dragons and if there were dragons they wouldn’t carry a weapon. Sometimes what we know keeps us from seeing what is.
Wink’s Woods is pushing DC to get that comic here of the first battle. Both Wink’s and Kivi&Maki’s are expecting an influx of tourists after the last battle. Two of the national television networks came and interviewed people who saw the fight. Both of them played it as one of those odd thing pieces but it will bring in tourists. Wink’s is selling empty plastic boxes about the size of a matchbox that they claim has a piece of the poltergeist in. They picked up the pieces after the battle and sealed them in the little plastic boxes. You can’t see anything because the poltergeist is invisible.
Is the poltergeist really dead? What is in Wink’s boxes? If the poltergeist returns will it be upset by the boxes? Where is the dragon ? Will Mrs. Trumble get the law changed? And is Tommy UK really the undertaker’s kid? Some of these questions might be answered this week.
*****

Today's Link-Living with a Purple Dog- Its a nice tune- Leave a Dr. John in the comment.
It is good to be back on a computer that behaves. I had a good day. Got to see my soaps after being away for a week, visit almost all the links on my link list, and did some business with the doctor's office. Our refrigerator, stove, and washer and dryer came. We are still staying on Pennies side of the duplex until our side is ready. I feel a little better than yesterday. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

15 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Mrs Trumble had better luck with her fake dragon slayer than she did with her real one. Why would she want to change back?

6:16 AM  
Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

It is too cold, wet, and Monday on top of it to be as witty as you are so early in the day. I have none of my own to offer, but I enjoyed yours immensley!

7:19 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

If I leave a comment in the woods, does it make you laugh?

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there Dr. John.....a comment's coming!

Nah, not really. Like the Rev. Dr. Kate I think it's waaaay too early in the day/week to be clever.

9:07 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Yep!

2:00 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

And what we don't know too

2:00 PM  
Blogger Alastair said...

Have been away, so have not left comments - but have tried to read your blog on my ma-in-laws steam powered net connection! Enjoying life in pigeon falls! Loved the Dragon stories, very worthy winner by the way...

Still loving the revitalised phrases...

have a good day

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't want to leave you one comment short of a blog, so I thought I'd better say something.

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love 11!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Mentioned ya in my blog post for tomorrow! Check it out!

How bout " A comment for your thoughts?

glad things are back to normal for you and you are back home. Hope Betty is good!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

My blog seems to have fallen through the cracks of the Internet, but I like to check in and post a comment on Post a Comment Monday.

Cheers,
Josie

7:09 PM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

No comment.

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A COMMENT IN TIME SAVES NINE or some such ... that's the best I can do in the middle of the nite ... I'm boiling maple syrup.

If you think moving is the bad part ... it's NOT! The bad part is the stuff you cannot find, not even sure if you still have it. It may take months (years) to get all unpacked.

LOIS in Crystal Falls

10:29 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

Thanks for the link!

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Cara Menghilangkan Benjolan Di Telinga said...


Cara Mengatasi Penyebab Kekurangan Sel Darah Putih
Obat Epidural Hematoma
Beberapa Cara Untuk Mengobati Angin Duduk
Obat Trombosis Vena Dalam
Bahaya Nyeri Dada
Obat Alami Untuk Bibir Kering

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home