Saturday, April 14, 2007

Two Memes

Saying for the Day- If one is good two is better.

In the last week I saw two memes that I liked . One on the Old Fart’s Blog and one on Ellie’s. Let’s start with Ellie’s.

List 5 facts of life If Martha Lived Next Door.

1. I would build a higher back fence.
2. I would build a fence around the front yard with a no visitors sign.
3. I would take a petition to all the neighbors saying that we didn’t want an ex-convict living next door to us.
4. I would beg my wife not to visit her.
5. I would do everything possible to keep my sloppy but satisfactory life style.

Now the one from the Old Fart’s Blog.
I t’s a Meme for events, births and deaths, etc on one’s birthdate.

3 Events
996 - Sixteen-year-old Otto III is crowned Holy Roman Emperor.
1881 - The American Red Cross is established by Clara Barton.
1945 - United States screen legend Humphrey Bogart marries actress Lauren Bacall.

2 Famous Birthdays
1904 - Fats Waller, American pianist (d. 1943)
1916 - Harold Robbins, American novelist (d. 1997)

2 Famous Deaths
1790 - Thomas Warton, English poet (b. 1728)
2000 - Sir John Gielgud, British actor (b. 1904)

1 Holiday
The Feast of Saint Constantine the Great

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fight poltergeists, and life goes on as usual.– There were so many tourists this morning that they had to put an extra passenger car on the milk train . People want to see the dragon and keep wishing another great fight will break out. But it looks like it is going to be another quiet day in Pigeon Falls.
Wink’s Woods is sold out of dragon key chains and is pushing DC to hurry with the comics. . Kivi & Maki are now selling sweaters that say “ I saw the great fight” on the front. On the back is a picture of a defeated looking dragon. Even people who weren’t there are buying them.
TommyUK stopped in to Nancy’s and had a cup of tea and a saffron bun. Not a tea cup moved. Not a single bun flew. The poltergeist must be sleeping. Just after TommyUK left TommyTW came in . He kissed Nancy on the cheek and a saffron bun hit him in the head. The poltergeist wasn't sleeping after all. Perhaps it was resting, if poltergeists rest. Tommy TW left quickly when a tub of cinnamon bun frosting rose up into the air and started in his direction.
Petrovich says he remembers more of that Driblet now. It went “when those that should not be fight and fight again..”So he thinks the dragon and the poltergeist will do battle again. He just can’t find the original Driblet to get the rest of the verse. When he does he will publish it on his website.
If Petrovich is right it’s too bad they don’t know when it will happen. They could have television cameras there and they could sell tickets. The dragon was beaten so badly that it won’t return, Driblet or no Driblet. The town belongs to the poltergeist.
*****

Today’s Link– Is on hold till we return to Neenah
We are back in Neenah. We are here with not one but two truckloads of junk. Because we had so much junk I had to drive one of the vans back and I am worn out. We had wonderful help from United Lutheran and old friends. I hope to be back to my regular blogging on Monday. But right now I really need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

8 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Nancy better start worrying if the tourists get the word that kissing her will arouse the poltergeist.

5:49 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

The good thing about heaven is no one can bar you - but yourself.

Hell, there are many Clubs on earth I can't afford to get into, and there are many I wouldn't want to go to ...

Wonder what the entrance fee into paradise is, and what currency is use to pay the ticket 'price'

6:46 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

One sobbering thought always is
Those who had power and authority on earth, couldn't bear to have the 'prince of heaven' living among them - and yet they are all knock knock knocking on heaven's door

seems all their pretence and riches really are worth nothing at all, on their knees they shall fall

6:51 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

That's too cool! I'm going to steal the Martha Stewart meme from you. =O)

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. John, poor Martha. Aren't we called to treat our neighbors the way we want them to treat u ... oh! Never mind. :p

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!!

It takes a lot to get me to laugh out loud when I am reading a post, but this one did the trick! I see you aren't feeling as neighborly toward Martha as I am, but it sure did bring on a ginormous laugh for me!

Some days you are too funny!

I may do the other meme one day. Might be an interesting one.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

haha, I think most of us would shudder and quake if Marth Stewart lived next door.......I know I would, for the life of me, I can' make a decorated cake that stands up straight........what would she think?

1:26 PM  
Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

So is your birthday May 21? Because that is when we celebrate the feast day of St. Constantine and his mother St. Helen - who found the true cross.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home