Thursday, April 12, 2007

Presidential Bid Over

Saying for the day- Sometimes its good to0 know you can't make it up the hill no matter how hard you try.

My dear friends. It is with a heavy heart that I address you today and make this official announcement. I am officially ending my run for the presidency.
There have , of course, been problems from the start. First of all I found it impossible to pick a party . I couldn’t decide to be either a Republican or a Democrat. You have to be one or the other to win in this country. But both parties seemed more concerned about themselves than they did about the country or the people of the country. They spend so much time attacking each other and trying to prove the other party is bad they have little time left to do anything good.
But the thing that forced me out in the end was money. My opponents announced what they had raised in three months. They had amounts like $26 million dollars. How do you compete against that. The total in my campaign fund was $.37 . I could have had another $5.00 from my friend at the gas station but I didn’t want to be beholding to American Oil.
How far can $.37 get you against $26 million dollars? Not very far.
So I quit. I’m going to go back to running my railroad empire in my garage.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-the little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fight with poltergeists, and the high school band has a concert.– The high school band concert was held last night and people will be talking about it for days to come. It started with the instruments tuning up. Well The tuba tuning up and there was nobody holding it. It sounded horrible. Then the keys on the piano began to play. It wasn’t much of a song but again there was nobody pressing the keys down. At that point the eight chairs walked down from the stage and formed a circle in the front. Mrs. Heitimaki fainted as the chair set down in front of her. Paul Hunkala picked her up and carried her to the back of the room where they got her back on her feet. In the front eight flutes, some pulled from the hands of their owners now hung in front of the chairs. They played a simple little number played by first year flute players. Not much of a musician our poltergeist. Then the chairs went back to their proper places. The flutes returned to their owners and everything returned to normal. The rest of the concert was uneventful. The best players were named and given awards. The director got his usual bouquet. It was just like any small town music concert.
People left blaming Nancy for bringing “her poltergeist” to the concert. Poor Nancy didn’t know what to think. TommyUK said it was the best concert he had ever gone to. He might even go again next year. People were trying to name the piece the poltergeist had played on the flutes. Just an ordinary concert in a small town.
Petrovich says there is driblet that speaks of “ when those that can not be do battle” but he can’t remember the rest of it. He is sure it has to do with the battle between the dragon and the poltergeist. It also speaks of “music that can not be” and that he thinks has to do with the band concert. When he finds the driblet he will publish it on his website.
Mrs. Heitimaki says that if it wasn’t for the bravery of Paul Hunkala she would still be on the floor passed out. Who knows what that horrible poltergeist would have done to her. She might have ended up dancing to the music of the flutes.Mrs. Heitimaki has a vivid imagination. Mr. Heitimaki doesn’t go to concerts he was over at the Fly Inn downing a few. He’ll get an earful when he gets home.
****

Today’s Link– is on hold till we get back from Crystal Falls
I hate this computer. We went out into Crystal falls today and got things done. We closed our account at the credit union. We visited the real estate office. I got a hair cut ( Betty is happy). I did some blogging but things keep hanging up when I go to comment. I think its the DSL line and the storm were having. I need a breathing treatment .
GBYA

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. John, I'll contribute another $.37 if you will reconsider your bid for the presidency. Heck, I might even double that!

5:27 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Paul Hunkala sounds like the name of a guy who would come and save a damsel in distresss.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah yes. So sad. Just goes to show us the people who should run for office cant afford to do so.

6:32 AM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

I applaud your decision not to enter into the corrupt realm of politics. Your wise decision has only succeeded in increasing my level of respect for you.

Blessings to you, sir.

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang! Now who am I going to vote for?

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL

You would truly have made the race interesting if you had chosen to go on with your endeavour, too bad you decided against it.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

I dont know why it cost so much to run....istead of getting a rich man to run we just need to get an honest man to run...( such as you!)

10:00 AM  
Blogger Kat Campbell said...

I wonder how much it cost Abe Lincoln to run for President? It's a sad day indeed, the office needs a dose of your practical humor.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

That gave me quite a chuckle. I needed that today, Dr. John!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

well, you know what they say, "Money talks..." Trouble is that it talks so loud the rest of don't stand a chance of being heard. I would have voted for you.

On a different topic- you have forwards from Ralph, I have another one from Clair and I bet they get them from the same places.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

You can't even buy a stamp for $.37! Sorry to see you leave the good race. I would have voted for you.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

And the sad part, the really sad part, is, you would no doubt make a much better president than anyone who will be running.

However,........would you really want to have to move again?... ;)

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home