Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Two families

Saying for the day: The Church is the family of God.

I have two families. One is my family by genetics and one by virtue of faith. Last week both families were there for me.
My daughter came with us to Crystal Falls to help us pack up the house. On Wednesday brothers and sisters in Christ came from United Lutheran to help pack up the house. Both families worked together to get everything ready to go.They did good work.
Then on Friday my son Patrick and his friend Curtis came with a U-haul truck. Early Saturday morning a group of brothers and sisters in Christ came from United to help them pack it. The loading went very fast. These are special people these people who name the name of Christ. Yes they are.
On Sunday we had the two U-haul trucks to unload in Neenah. Patrick figured we might have the job done by 9:00 in the evening. I was sic k in bed. Then the brothers and sisters in Christ from St. Mark’s came and the job was done by 4:00. These are special people who name the name of Christ. Yes they are.
I have two families and they were both there when I needed them. How wonderful is that?

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life goes on as usual.– The poltergeist has not returned since the great battle with the dragon.
Pastor Moe stopped at Nancy’s and had a cup of coffee. He says there never was a poltergeist. It was a mass illusion.
Nancy says that she sort of misses the thing. It did add a little excitement to life and it never broke a tea cup.
Petrovich says there is a dribblet about waiting for that which wasn’t to be again but he will have to find it.
Eino says there was a farmer that had a herd of cows. One a month a mountain lion would come down and kill and eat one cow. This went on for a long time and then somebody shot the lion. After that the farmer said he kinda missed it. That’s the way Eino feels about the poltergeist.
The people at the two stores in town are sorry to see it go. It was good for business. Wink’s now has the DC comic with the first battle in it. It’s selling at $6.00 a copy and it is selling.
Tommy TW says he feels much safer now that its gone. He can give Nancy those little kisses without worrying about a pot of tea being dumped on him.
Tommy UK says he was trying to figure some way to get the poltergeist to visit the school. That would have livened things up a bit.
****

Today's Link-Canadian Thoughts in Texas- All about an adorable kid- levae an adorable Dr. John in the comment.
Another nice day. My stomach is a little better. I did some blog visiting looking for links for the day. I watched my soaps. I read my book. I visited most of my links. I watched Betty play with the dog. I talked to my sister Dawn and my son Peter. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

8 Comments:

Blogger Catch said...

It is truly wonderful Dr John and what Christian families are all about. Im sure they were quite happy to be able to help you out!!! I am sorry to hear you were sick in bed!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Petrovich needs to apply to get on one of those "get organized" shows on TV. He sure is having trouble finding things.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

You are truly blessed. Yes you are.

Hope you are feeling well today.

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How nice to have all that help. Church families are great when they function as they should. You are blessed.

Petrovich says a lot of things. Didn't he take any notes?

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally wonderful! Hope you're feeling better now, and how's Betty with all that unpacking to do?

3:36 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I'm happy to be part of God's big family with you Dr. John!

4:33 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Moving is hard. It sure helps to have "both families." I had the same experience when we moved across town nine years ago.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I hope you are still feeling better. Being sick is no fun. No fun at all.

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home