Monday, August 06, 2007

Leave a Comment Monday


It has come to the attention of the management of this blog ( Blog Managers Inc.) that despite repeated warnings some of you are still reading without commenting. This of course is a number one violation of the internet basic rules.If this behavior continues you will be reported and cited.

Now to give you something to comment on here is todays commentable:

The registrar of Nigeria's university entrance exams reported in May that almost 2,000 of the students had been caught in cheating scams. And you thought those scams you were receiving were from dumb people. College does prepare you for something.

Now leave a comment.
******

News from Pigeon Falls– the little town in my basement, where the trains still run, dragons fly, and stories are told. – The Liar’s Club summer story contest continues. Yesterday it was Jill Groop facing the judges. Here is her story:
Those of you who are from Pigeon Falls must remember my old uncle Raymond. He used to come to visit every three or four years and stay for a month or two. He was the one who would go into Nancy’s or the Fly Inn and brag about his world travels. According to my uncle he had gone just about everywhere in the world there was to go. He had some fantastic stories to tell. The strangest one I can remember was about an island that he discovered. On that island there were six hundred pound canaries that could fly. Now that would be one big bird. But not only could they fly but they were tough. My uncle said he saw one rip a cow to shreds so he stayed out of their way. Now I didn’t believe a word of it, not one single word. But a few months ago I was going through the stuff I got after Raymond died. I found a picture of huge yellow birds. Let me pass that out to you. Of course you could fake something like this with Photo Shop. But my uncle didn’t even own a computer. There was also a map of an island. So I decided to take some of the money I inherited from Raymond and charter a boat. I went to the Island. Sure enough there were the six hundred pound canaries . What my uncle didn’t tell me is how wonderfully they sang. I have never heard anything so beautiful in all my life. When the bird finished I wanted to applaud. But then I remembered that these were tough birds and I shouldn’t call attention to myself. There was no way that I wanted to be ripped to shreds. While I was there I saw one flying over with what looked like one huge mouse. I guess that was lunch. I took some pictures which I am going to pass out. You will notice the size of the birds. I tried to record their singing but I did something wrong and the copy failed. Now if you want to check out my story I can give you the coordinates of the island. It would be worth it for the singing alone. Just don’t get too close.
The judges gave her a 9.7 which ties her for first place with Jon Bergall.
*****

Today's Link-Jay's Strange Blog-If you don't know who the world champion coffee preparer is then read the blog. Leave a dr. John in the comment. Let him know I make a good cup of coffee myself.
Had a pretty good day today. Watched my soaps. Took a nap. Then I went out top eat with Christine and her new husband. It was a good meal and lots of information was exchanged. I like the guy. He seems to really love Christine. I came back to discover that I sent out one of my prizes to the wrong person. I got the address fouled up. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

15 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

They need some techies in Pigeon Falls. No one seems to be able to get their electronic gear to work properly.

5:22 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I think they need to raise the bar of those allowed to get into college in Nigeria.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

I agree with Lori about raising the bar for entrance....or maybe they could just find the one person who can spell a single word correctly.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Good Morning Dr John, I hope you and Betty had a Blessed Weekend.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Are you sure that's a liar because I think Big Bird is from that island.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

So mote it be! And as we got your injuction, I am leaving a comment because it is monday. And then no more until next monday because tomorrow I am hitting the road or rather a bush plane seat to take me out of here to the capital city where I have some admin red tape to do. And then fly in "luxury" into my wifes arms. She has not seen me for 7 weeks.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Monday!

That is a crazy amount of cheaters! I hope that is not a medical school!

12:13 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

And it came to pass as I made my way through the blogosphere today, that I remembered it was leave a comment Monday, so here I came my dues to pay, and to check out the coordinates @ Pigeon Falls for the Canary Isles so I don't stray

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't the Nigerians learned that cheaters never win yet? Jeepers. Happy Monday Dr. John.

3:30 PM  
Blogger J C said...

Ah Dr. John. I am on vacation and haven't been on the computer much at all, only checking email occasionally. My husband called and said I received a package from you. WHEN DID I WIN ANOTHER CONTEST????? (Other than the car). I have search and searched and cannot find this answer. Please email me. I just want to be sure I didnt get someone else's by mistake. I could use a cup of your coffee right now! :)

5:07 PM  
Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

There are no accidents. ~smiles~ So, for some reason known only to the Fates, you sent the package to the right person. Blessings come in many forms.

Glad you had a good day. Pleasant dreams, dear Dr. J


Blessed be...

7:53 PM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

I came,
I saw,
I commented.

Blessings.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

just skidding in to leave a comment before you wake up tomorrow morning and think I forgot about it!!!! I would never forget my favorite Doctor John!!!!

11:53 PM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

Uh oh.. I'm leaving a comment before I get caught and cited.

Have a great week and I always look forward to your comments on my blog. They make me happy!

12:00 AM  
Blogger zzyytt said...

nike roshe run
curry 4
air jordans
michael kors
links of london
adidas ultra
asics running shoes
yeezy boost 350
yeezy boost 350
michael kors handbags

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home