Sunday, July 29, 2007

Who Am I Really?

Who am I ? Really ?
! am the son of Arvid and Edith Linna with some of their characteristics , both by inheritance and by learning.

I am a brother of two very different sisters.

I am a UPer at heart.

I am a husband.
I am a father.
I am a grandfather.

I am a teacher.
I am a preacher.
I am a Doctor of Ministry ( I earned that title)

I am a builder of model railroads.

But most important of all

I am a child of God,
adopted by Baptism,
washed in the blood of the lamb.

@@@@ news from Pigeon Falls-People came to Last Lutheran this morning expecting to hear Pastor Castle but she went back to preach her final sermon at her old parish. Instead they got to hear Terry Langenberg from Crystal Falls. He's an undertaker by trade and a friend of Tommy UK's father. He is a licensed lay preacher. According to Bob Maki he was a bit on the dull side but Ok. Tommy UK skipped church this morning and went fishing. At least that what he told his father he was going to do. Because they expected Pastor Castle to preach attendance was up at Last Lutheran. It was down at the Catholic, Methodist, and Baptist churches. Lots of that fishing going on.
This afternoon the parade committee will meet. They still don’t have a celebrity to head up the big Pigeon Day parade. Two years ago they had Rodney Mc Donald and that turned out very well. Last year they had Pastor Marvel dressed as Captain Marvel from the comic book. But so far they have no leader for this year. Perhaps they could get Pastor Castle to play Joan of Arc.
Vicki East is getting a group of people to sing the Pigeon Falls song on the opening day of Pigeon Days. They are working very hard at making it sound like a romantic ballad.
*****

Today's Link-Life in Student Ministry- Here is a review of the Simpson movie. Leave a DR. John in the comment.
Went to Church this morning. The Bible Camp lead a good part of the service. It was great. The singing was great, the skits were great, it was just great. When we came Home Pat's bunch, Betty, Pennie, and I went to Old Country Buffet for lunch. Then Pat and group left . He is taking them to the other grand parents as a favor to his former wife. In the afternoon Betty, Pennie , and I playe Canasta and Betty won without any trouble. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

3 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Tommy UK is up to somethingn I suppose. I think he should be given the assignment to find a celebrity for the Pigeon Day parade.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Blessed Sunday, dearest Dr John!!

Thanks for all your beautiful posts. They are a wonderful addition to my day.

Blessed be...

1:06 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I like your post today...also the pics in the one below....the kids are sure having fun in the pool arent they?

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home