Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Fast Forward from Ralph 25-Senior Humor

This is where I share with you some of the E-mail I get from my friend Ralph.


Add Image



News from Pigeon Falls– The little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and Eino has a problem– Poor Eino , by accident, he has taught an entire group of kids how to swear in Finnish. He could hope they will forget these words as quickly as they forgot the other words he taught them. But he knows that won’t happen. There is some kind of principle of education that states “ We never forget the things we shouldn’t have learned”. So he is waiting for the first parent to confront him and ask what kind of dirty old man is he that he would teach their son or daughter those kinds of Finnish words.
Tommy UK told Eino not to worry about it. The kids wouldn’t use those words in front of their parents or any adults. He has the promise of every kid. So the class will continue. But their will be no more videos of any kind. Instead Eino has gotten help from the High School French teacher. She has helped him to make up word games with the words they should already know, excluding the swear words. She has also helped him to set up daily contests with prizes where the students shout out the words. Now he has to wait until tomorrow to try them.
There still is no word from Pastor Castle who must be back from Canada by now. You would think she would understand the desire of Last Lutheran to be done with this part of the call process and either get on with her ministry or start the Process over again.
Pastor Castle assumes they understand what a difficult decision this is for her. She has made good friends in her present parish. The Parsonage is old but very livable. She hates the thought of packing everything up and moving. But what she wants to be sure of is what does God want her to do. Is the call a call from God to a new ministry? So she prays and Last Lutheran waits.
*****

Today's Link-Blakkbyrd- A person who cares about art. Leave a Dr. John in the comment.
Well I feel better today. I spent less of the day in bed and in the bathroom. Betty went and saw the Doctor and he said the eye that got operated on is doing very well. I watched my soaps. I visited about half of my links. I'll do the other half tomorrow. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

13 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

So the kids will swear in Finnish behind their parents backs? Tommy, Tommy.

5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can always count on you and Ralph for a good laugh on Wednesdays.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Bazza said...

All funny Dr John, but the cat one had me giggling particularly.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I thought I would die laughing with those cartoons. More! More!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Why do I feel that I am looking at myself? Ah, a good laugh!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Neoma said...

The jokes are priceless....and a few I can relate to a little to much for comfort, haha. I am still away from home, in Texas, not sure when I will get back, so I am still not blogging, just popped in to see how you are doing, and really enjoyed the jokes. I have been away from home for too long, I am getting restless to return to my yard.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

There is only one thing worse than having my husband leave the seat up. Having my daughter put the seat down with a bowling ball in the bowl.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

This made me laugh. And think. I am in the same category of age. And I do not need to smoke a joint to feel dizzy. But then I seldom feel dizzy. Thank you for sharing this.

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the Guess Who one. I really laughed out loud on that one! Thanks for sharing!Hope all is well! Did you ever find a tub?

6:44 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i'm so sorry that you have been not feeling too good. that explains why you haven't been doing the end of the day wrap up i guess. i'm so glad that Betty's eye is doing well. good news all around.

i hope that you are both perfectly healthy right away here.

love the cartoons, good ones.

have a good night, sleep tight.

hugs to all.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

www0712
pandora jewelry
ray ban sunglasses
tory burch outlet
canada goose jackets
ralph lauren polo
undefeated clothing
camel shoes
burberry outlet
swarovski outlet
kate spade outlet







12:05 AM  
Blogger zzyytt said...

adidas eqt support
kobe 9
yeezy boost 350
balenciaga shoes
michael kors outlet online
michael kors outlet
yeezy boost
nike air force 1
air max 2019
yeezy boost 350 v2

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kyrie 9
off white outlet
hermes belts
goyard bag
fear of god clothing
golden goose superstar
off white t shirt
kyrie 8
jordan shoes
jordan shoes

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home