It's All About Me
Today’s all about me is made possible by “ Patterns of Ink” who tagged me.
First, the guidelines:1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts. 2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves. 3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. 4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose three people to get tagged and list their names. 5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Now the eight random facts:
1. I’m named after my two grandfathers. “John “ after my Finnish grandfather and “ James “ after my Cornish grandfather.
2. Until I started school I spent almost as much time at grandma Lanyon’s as I did at home.
3. I hate liver.
4. I read every Oz book that Baum wrote. Some of them four or five times.
5. I made an eight foot by three foot wall hanging of the Wizard of Oz. Which I entered in the Iron County Fair.
6. I have hundreds of comic books , each in its own plastic bag and stored in a special box. I never look at them but I can’t let go of them.
7. I lived on a sort of a farm. We had a cow, pigs, chickens, turkeys, geese, and a pony but not all at the same time. I hate geese they are really mean. I entered pigeons in the UP fair.
8. I have an absolute policy of tagging nobody.
What happens when random facts run into the rules? On this blog random facts wins.
@@@@@News from Pigeon Falls-the little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and the casino people are back.-Some interested business men stopped in an talked to Mayor Trumble about selling some of the property the Town owns to the Indian tribe. Then the tribe could build a casino which would bring even more tourists to the Pigeon Falls area. The casino would create jobs and enhance the local economy. The property they want used to be a resort until times got tough and the town got it for non-payment of taxes. Mrs. Trumble said she would consider it.
She was on the phone most of the day yesterday talking to mayors and managers of towns which are close to where a casino was built. She wanted to know the problems and the benefits. Eino caught her having a cup of coffee at Nancy’s and reminded her that the town had no police force.
Nancy offered to find out what the local people thought of the idea and quizzed each person that came in for coffee. The Methodist Pastor was against it because he saw it as a tax on the poor. They are the ones who would play with the hope of improving life but in the end they would only lose. Mrs. Pemberthy said that she heard that casinos attract the wrong kind of people. You know, the kind that mean trouble. Fred Stew said that anything that brings money into the community is a good thing.
Will Pigeon Falls get a casino? Will life there be changed forever? Can a casino survive in a community with a poltergeist and a dragon? Is gambling evil.? Will Pigeon Falls have to get a police force? And of course is Tommy UK really the Undertaker’s kid?
Today's Link- Betty Kincaid-An interesting tax proposal.. Leave a Dr. John in the comment.
It has been a good day. Call a call in the morning from the Pastor of United to see if I was coming for the Anniversary celebration. I really wanted to but my health doesn't really allow for a lot of traveling. So I sent an E- mail which I hope will get read at some point. In the afternoon we went to Toys-R-Us so Bree could use the gift cards she got for her birthday. It was fun riding around the store on my scooter. It has been a fun day with the kids. Now I need a breathing treatment.