Thursday, July 12, 2007

All About Me

Thursday I try to share with you a bit of who I am. You can ask questions which will be answered in a future entry. A few weeks ago I was asked about the events leading to my becoming a pastor. I blogged on that last summer so I pulled all fourteen of those blogs together and you can read them all or any of them by clicking on "Road to ministry" on the left hand side.

Well here is a new twist on sneaking details out of a blogger… from Kat's Random Thoughts
INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so:

1. Last Minute Lyn
2. melsdream
3. wading through my stream of consciousness
4. kat’s random thoughts
5.Dr. John’s Fortress

Now answer the following questions:
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Serving God as Pastor of United and beginning to think of retirement.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
Deciding if we should sell the house and move closer to the kids.

Five snacks you enjoy:
Ice Cream Cones
Banana Split
Milky Way Bars
Blueberry Muffins
movie popcorn

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
Not one. I just can‘t remember lyrics. I get four of five words into a song and blank.

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
Pay off the mortgage
Pay off my sons’ mortgages
Set up college money for the grandkids
generous donations to the St. Mark’s and United Lutheran
Put in an in ground swimming pool

Five bad habits:
Eating junk foods
Not picking up things
Procrastinating
Talk too much ( ask my daughter)
Soap Operas

Five things you like doing:
reading
Singing ( but I sound horrible and never finish a song)
Watching soap operas ( you can like a bad habit)
Playing with electric trains
Eating junk foods

Five things you probably won’t ever wear again:
My Dracula cape
My Dr’s Cape
Neck tie
Pajamas
hair parted

Five favorite toys:
any computer
My trains
My scooter ( more than a toy)
My Civil War Chess Set
My digital camera


Okay, the rest of the rules are to tag five people, and I have a personal policy not to tag anyone.
So use it if you want to..

@@@@@News from Pigeon Falls– the little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and Last Lutheran waits an answer– Pastor Joan Castle has not yet decided if she is accepting the call to Last Lutheran or not. Some members of Last Lutheran think that she has had enough time and should let them know what her answer is. One of them has a friend in the Parish Pastor Castle is now serving. He discovered that Pastor Castle and her husband have gone with the youth group on a camping trip up into Canada and won’t be back for a week. They plan on stopping to visit some guy named Bill who calls himself “ The Old Fart”. They hope some of his piety will rub off on the kids. The trip was planned a long time ago and Pastor Castle felt obligated to carrying it out. Besides she cares about the group and the faith development of the kids. So it seems Last Lutheran will just have to wait for an answer.
Eino is still trying to solve the mystery of the stone man that vanished from his garage basement. He has a friend in the FBI who grew up in Pigeon Falls. That friend told him that some government officials were upset by Eino’s attempts . He advised Eino to stop trying for the moment and let him look into it quietly. Eino was not happy but agreed to do that.
******

Today's Link- Sleeping Kitten-Dancing Dog- Today a look at one of her art pieces. Leave a Dr. John in the comment.( it gets you another chance in tomorrow's big drawing)
Worked a bit in the basement today. I watched my soaps. Betty and Pennie took the dog to the doggy kindergarten for graduation . Then they will bring the dog home and go to Life Fest. I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo, do keep us informed on Eino's FBI friend's search for answers. I just love stories of government intrigue.

I also "stole" this meme from Kat and posted it today.

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eino may become a "missing man" if he keeps irritating those men in black.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I hope Pastor Castle will give me a bit of notice before stopping by, my place is a mess. If Pastor Castle and her family come this week, they can attend Stampede, the whole city is taking in the Celebrations. One thing Pastor Castle must do is dress Western.

I like your answers, I'd like to do the Meme, but by the time I get home from a long day at work, all I want to do is catch up on some blogs while supper cooks then watch some tv and the toddled off to bed.

A Blessed Day is wished for you and Betty.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

You did a good job on the meme....we have something in common....junk food....lol...I love it too. How can anyone not like something that is so good but so bad for you? lol, but when you stop and think about it, most things that are so enjoyable are bad for you! LMAO

10:27 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I love all of my bad habits.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I may have to tag myself with this one. All of this Dog Days of Summer heat must be frying my blogging post subject creativity cells.

You? Dr. John?? Talk too much? Nah, I don't believe it for a second.

1:17 PM  
Blogger -atomik kitten said...

Okay, so 'fess up...which soap operas?

1:53 PM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

But the friend didnt tell Tommy UK not to look into the mystery. Seems Tommy UK is a better detective than even Eino.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

Well, I don't eat junk food. I love soap operas. We just had one to finish after 8 years. A Swiss soap opera. It ran for 8 years. Switzerland is chattered. And I try to get a copy on DVD. But they say it might not be published because of some music copyright problmem-

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo-Hoo Great answers Dr. John! Good job, you rock.

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home