Monday, July 02, 2007

Leave a comment Monday

Saying for the Day: When you leave a comment tis a far better thing you do than you have ever done before.

It is “Leave a Comment Monday”. This is when I beg and plead for comments. As a comment addict I need those comments.
I was thinking that , perhaps, the reason you weren’t commenting on Monday is that I wasn’t really giving you anything to comment on. So today I am trying something new. I call it a commentable. It will contain my brilliant thoughts and you can tell me if you agree or disagree.
So here is my first Commentable:
“ I think that anyone running for national office that says we should do something about global warming should do three things to show he or she is sincere.
1. Give a percent of their campaign fund to a university to help fun alternate energy sources. This would show they believe strongly enough to risk their election to do something.
2. Quit eating beef. Studies have shown that the cows of the world produce more green house gases than the cars of the world.
3. Sign a pledge not to ride in any government car that gets less than thirty miles to a gallon.
So what do you think. Am I reasonable or not?
Leave your comment.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and Last Lutheran may be getting a woman preacher.– Everyone that has stopped into Nancy’s Coffee Shop today has wanted to talk about Pastor Joan Castle. Some have talked about what a good preacher she is. Some have talked about how nice it would be not to have to listen to anymore of Pastor Moe’s sermons. Some have talked about her visit to the nursing home and how the patients appreciated it. Some talked about how nice she was at the luncheon after the services.
But a few had questions or objections. Old Mrs. Sari said she would be better if she could speak Finnish. She remembers when preachers preached in English and Finnish. It would be nice to have that again. Joseph Hivaco said he couldn’t vote for her because the Bible clearly states that woman should keep silent in the church. Its bad enough the Sunday School teachers are women and that Last Lutheran has girl acolytes. Its time to return to the Bible. Robert Hensen says he doesn’t like the idea of maternity pay. The budget is already stretched as far as it can go.
Nancy says she hasn’t argued with anybody . She just listens.
Pigeon Falls is getting ready for the big fourth of July parade. The street is being hung with red, white, and blue banners. A giant fireworks display has been planned for the evening of the fourth. The high school band will march. The Liar’s Club band will play. Mayor Trumble will give a speech on freedom. People will set off firecrackers and rockets all day and the constable will look the other way. This upsets the people who think it is the job of government to wrap each of us in a protective cocoon. But those fireworks are for many a symbol of the freedom we have as Americans.
******

Today's Link-Bread and Roses- A complex but realistic look at America. Leave a patriotic Dr. John in the comment.
I worked in the basement with Betty in the morning. Then I watched my soaps. Then I worked in the basement alone. Betty worked with the dog which wants to jump in the pool. My sister Dawn called and we talked about the fourth. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

18 Comments:

Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

No comment but Wishing you and Betty a wonderful Monday,

5:46 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Pastor Castle sounds great for Last Lutheran. But I think she will need to schedule "fire and brimstone" Pastor Moe once in a while so the congregation doesnt get lax.

Cows may produce more gases, but worms apparently produce more toxic gas.

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#2 -- eat more beef. Get rid of those pesky cows!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

Good ideas, except for the quit eating beef part.

I knew a guy who said he was a vegetarian (wouldn't eat beef) because of the pollution from the cows.
When he asked me what I was doing to save our environment, I said "I'm eating the cows!"

Blessings.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Monday!

I think you are reasonable. Those things are not much to ask for when trying to improve things. But they will never happen.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

You could post on how in Australia the leaders and people are telling those who do not believe in democracy, God or thier lifestyle, are free to leave! (Just read an article about it).

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saving the planet one burger/steak/roast at a time. Go me!

Maybe they could finance research to build a car that gets 30m/cow toot. Though I'm not sure I want to be the one that has to refill the tank.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I agree that candidates that tote the Global Warming Issue should do these things.

Although I believe that no matter what they do, or we are forced to do - it's a bit too late to stop or even put a dent in what's to come.

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree with funding research for alternative fuels. What are we waiting for? Its not like we haven't known our environment was in trouble since the 70's.
Happy Monday Dr. John!

12:53 PM  
Blogger -atomik kitten said...

But Dr. John if we quit eating beef wouldn't the gases go up since we have more cows living and less made into hamburger and rump roast?

I think that the car industry is either owned by the oil industry or vice versa...otherwise wouldn't we have more efficient cars by now?

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Dr. John,

For once in your life, you're being very reasonable. In fact, I'd go so far as to say our elected officials should tithe their salaries to help alter the effects of global warming. Let them put their money where their mouth is. It's easy to mouth off: another thing to pay up.

6:55 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

I have but one regret... that I have only one comment to give for my country.
Thanks for sharing in the joy of my daughter's wedding from afar.
Tom

8:40 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I think your ideas are great Dr John!!! The dog wants in the pool???? Does he bring his own towel????? lol

9:29 PM  
Blogger Alastair said...

Not sure I could give up on the beef thing, but the other two seem reasonable (not sure that many cars in the UK, at least those in general use) would do much less than 30 to the gallon...

4:43 AM  
Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said...

I think your suggestions are a good start. To reduce global warming, politicians should also be less hot air and mkore substance.

Dr. John, I've put up a post on my journey from Buddhism to Christianity. I hope you might visit and give your comments. thanks.

4:44 AM  
Blogger -atomik kitten said...

What do you mean you didn't know either definition? LOL Just google mullet and you will get pictures of the hair style!

5:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is a very nice site. Send fresh flowers, cakes, fresh & dry fruits, chocolates, exclusive gifts to your loved ones across Pune. Visit www.PuneOnlineFlorists.com

2:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is a nice site to go through. Send beautiful flowers, cakes, chocolates, dry n fresh fruits, apparels, combo gifts to your near & dear ones all over Kolkata. Visit www.KolkataOnlineFlorists.com

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home