Monday, June 25, 2007

Leave a comment Monday

Saying for the Day: A comment given is a comment treasured.

Here it is “Leave a Comment Monday” and I have run out of wonderful old sayings to bring into the internet age. I can’t think of a single new saying to fill this entry either. I am sure you don’t want to read anymore of my begging and pleading for comments. By this point you know I am a comment addict and need a Monday fix. So what should I do.
Well I though since its all about comments I might comment on some blogs I read last week, two blogs in particular. In each case the blog writers had observed Sea Gulls and gave us stories with a moral based on the birds.
The first one I read was in Kaleidoscope and was called the Sea Gull’s Sermon . If you want to read it you can go to Kaleidscope and scroll down( unless I figured out how to pop you right there.) to the Monday June 8 entry.
The second was in Patterns of Ink and was entitled “ Take in Life”. You can read it by going to Patterns of Ink and scrolling down to his Tuesday June 19 entry.
These two blogs together reminded me of when I worked on the ore boats. Deckhands hated Sea Gulls because of the mess they made on the deck which we had to clean up. We would always complain while eating. So the cook decided to fix it for us. He began feeding the Gulls little pieces of bread. He threw them in the air and they would catch them. This went on for a long time. Then he took and soaked the bread in the hottest sauce he could find. When the Gull grabbed that it shot directly to the water. Now if there is a moral to this story it’s “ Don’t poop on my deck or you’ll be sorry”.
It is “leave a comment Monday” so leave those beautiful comments. That includes you quick reads from Blog Explosion.
HAPPY COMMENTING.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run, the dragons fly, and music hurts.-Mrs. Periwinkle, Herman’s Mother, was in to Nancy’s coffee shop and said that her son’s practicing is driving her nuts. He is now practicing two hours a day and he plays more wrong notes that right ones. Worse he keeps coming up to her and his father and playing one of the songs from the upcoming recital and asking what they think. Well in reality all but one of the songs are really bad. He keeps saying he is going to make them so proud at the recital. The Periwinkle’s can’t ask him to quit since he seems to love his accordion so much but they really can’t take much more of this. Why can’t he be like other boys and just do his hour and then run off and play. Last night he went two and one half hours. Of bad notes there I no end.
Nancy suggested that they might consider some other instrument but Mrs. Periwinkle said that the accordion was what his grandfather played and they want him to follow in grandpa’s footsteps. Their only hope is that with all that practice he is bound to get better.
Old Bobsled Maki is reveling in his new found glory. Rodeo Today ( the magazine) sent a reporter to interview him. He showed them his practice barrel and they took pictures. One suspects that would be bull riders across the country will be buying barrels. He is the number one rider after all. If this is how he got his start it has to work Bobsled is getting fifty free copies to give to friends and relatives. His picture is on the cover sitting on the barrel. He is so proud.
The members of Last Lutheran stopping in to Nancy’s this morning were all afraid of next Sunday’s meeting with Pastor Joan. They just don’t like the idea of a woman Pastor. The only dissident voice came from Stanely Ash who felt they needed to accept whoever God sends them. They survived Pastor Moe and they can survive Pastor Castle. That’s not exactly a ringing endorsement but it is a voice of reason.
Will Old Bobsled survive his fame ? Will Herman survive his recital. Will Pastor Joan survive next Sunday’s encounter with Last Lutheran? And is Tommy UK really the undertaker’s kid?
*****

Today's Link-The Creative Spirit- A meditation for St. John's Day ( a day by any other name is still the same)- Leave a DR. John in the comment.
The deck is on and looks good. I will try to have a picture on Saturday. The plumber failed to show so there is still a little work to be done on the walk in tub but we can use it and have. It's great. Did some work in the basement but there is so much left to be done. Both my sister and Betty's sister called today. Betty's sister and husband are coming to visit on Wednesday. I got the bad news that the a good friend of mine died in his sleep last night. I had a note from my Bishop in my e-mail. There were five of us from my high school youth group that got ordained and now I am the only one left. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

13 Comments:

Blogger QUASAR9 said...

So being another new Monday
I thought I'd come and play
See what Dr John had to say
and then swiftly I flew away

5:58 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

PS -
Left No Explosions or grand firework display
just came over and left a comment on the in-tray
and now what more can there be for I to say
except to wish you a mighty fine Monday (comment day)

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a really creative way to get rid of the gulls. Did they stay away or keep returning?

6:18 AM  
Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Nice story but I would think that said gull would have a belly ache after the hot sauce which will only lead to more poop on deck.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

A Unique way to get rid of the gulls, but did it work?

A wonderful day is wished for you and Betty

8:56 AM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

So is that why it is called the "Poop Deck"?

Did it work?

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Blessings.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Monday to you and Betty Dr. John! I'm so happy to see Bobsled taking advantage of his 15 minutes of fame.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I found this wonderful Bagel place today with these huge soft Blueberry bagels. But I forgot to pick up some cream cheese.

But I did have some Deli Ham and Deli Mozzarella sliced cheese in the drawer and Blueberry preserves.

Bagel bottom, cheese, 4 slices of ham piled up, cheese and top bagel. Microwave for 45 seconds so the cheese melts and the bagel gets even softer. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and slice into four. Dip in blueberry preserves and enjoy.

3:53 PM  
Blogger -atomik kitten said...

Well here's your comment - do you know of a good school...even a graduate school...that offers a scholarship for playing the accordian? If he's awful maybe he should pick up a new instrument. Learn the basics to follow after good ole' grandpa, but then learn something you are good at.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I knew you would love the tub...those tubs are awesome! Now how are we coming with the pool???

8:12 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i'm so happy your house is coming along. it will look even more beautiful with all the work you are doing to it. i hope it brings you happiness and joy and many great memories.
Weesie and i would like to thank you for your kind words. my family loves yours very much too.

pls accept our condolences for your friend. how sad it is to say goodbye. now he rests in peace and may that comfort you.

much love and many hugs to the family.

4:41 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

I gave my son an accordian for his birthday one year. It was a really fancy one with rhinestone made in South Chicago. Found it at a consignment shop.

He hasnt figured out what the buttons on the left side do. Maybe Herman Perwinkle can give him lessons.

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes it feels like my blog is a menu I'm serving up and a comment is a good tip.

This one's at least 20%.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home