Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Finland Page 4

Tervetuloa tiistaiselle suomi-sivullemme

Welcome to Our Tuesday Finland Page

Today's Finnish Video Brings us a little Finnish humor.



Then the phrase of the day.

What is that thing sticking out of your ear?

Mikä tuo korvastasi pilkottava juttu on?

@@@@News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and Last Lutheran may be getting a new Pastor– Eino got a call from the Bishop yesterday. The Bishop reminded him that Pastor Moe was only an interim pastor and as good as he is it’s time for the congregation to call their next pastor. Eino told the Bishop that he understands and that though the congregation might be a little upset at losing Pastor Moe it is time to bring in their own pastor. The Bishop asked Eino to arrange a council meeting for Thursday night and he would have a name of a candidate for them.
Eino who is chairman of the call committee called the chairman of the council to tell him the bad news. The chairman put down the Moe must go sign he was making and said to Eino, over and over “ God does answer prayers”. He then called all the other council members. Every member will be at the meeting.
In a small town like Pigeon Falls news spreads fast. People kept stopping in to Nancy’s for coffee and to talk about Pastor Moe leaving. Nancy reminds them that the congregation might reject the candidate the Bishop is offering and then they are still stuck with Moe until the Bishop finds a candidate they can accept.
Nancy wonders if the Bishop didn’t send Pastor Moe to be as bad as possible so the congregation would accept any candidate the Bishop offered. Then she thought that Bishop’s would never do a thing like that.
******

Today's Link-Adventures in Finland-A student in Finland gives you pictures of Estonia. Leave a Dr. John in the Comments.
I worked in the garage this morning> The pool man came and finished leveling the lawn. Then he went to put the pool up only to discover there were two pinholes in the bottom. I am now pulling out all my hair. This is the worst thing I have done. We will try to take it back and get another one. In the afternoon I went to the clinic and they took blood. I won't get the results until tomorrow.The tile man came he will work on the walk in tub tomorrow. If all goes well it will be done by Friday. Now I need a breathing treatment,
GBYA

8 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Finnish Hee Haw. Oh my. Why did he need to put his beer in the refrigerator? It is cold and snowy outside!

Something needs to happen to Pastor Moe like it did with Jonah. The congregation has rejected his message. I could see a big fish swallowing the pastor in Pigeon Falls.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

That was too funny. Reminds me of the elderly couple that I take care of every day. She is so erractic, won't let her husband have anything that he likes. As if he likes it, then it must be bad for him or something. Poor guy. I think I'll sneak him a beer this afternoon. =O)

7:25 AM  
Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said...

heehee. I like my beer too.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Quickly stopping by to wish you and Betty a wonderful day.

Blessings to you both

9:12 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

That video was hysterical.

The Bishop sounds like he has a good plan.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Dr. John, at the end of your post, I thought you were going to say, "Now I need a beer..."

Well, I wouldn't blame you. Pinholes in your pool. Forge ahead.

Cheers,
Josie

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that fridge.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

Comment not related to the post. I simply enjoy to visit your blog. It is almost like "daily bread" for me. I wish you a very nice day.
Peter

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home