Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Finland Day III


Tervetuloa tiistaiselle suomi-sivullemme

Welcome to Our Tuesday Finland Page

I offer you today another Video of Finland. The music is not as good as last week. But there are pictures of the cities as well as the country.


Phrase of the day:


Käyhän että tuon kannettavani saunaan?

Is it OK if I bring my laptop in the sauna?


@@@@@News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly and life is pretty normal for the Upper Peninsula. Plans for this summer are well underway. The tentative schedule is as follows:

August 1-Pigeon Calling Contest-$5.00 entry fee-$1000 prize. (To win pigeon must land on some part of your body)
August 2-Pasty eating contest-$ 10.00 entry fee-$50 prize.(losers pay for their own pasties.)
August 1-5Art on the Yellow Brick Road- local artists and others share their art along the yellow brick road.
August 13 - 15-Local Variety Show- $2.00 a ticket
August 9- Pigeon Queen Contest- Masonic Hall
August 18- 4k Yellow Brick Road run- $5.00 to enter -Everyone gets a "I ran on the yellow brick road sweatshirt. Winner gets I reached the Emerald City sweatshirt.
August 19- Community church day- Pastor's exchange pulpits.
August 13-19 Old Time week-Local people dress up in the clothes of 90 years ago.
August 25- Pigeon Day Parade- Pigeon Day song by Vicki East
August 28-Potato Judging-Potato Farmer of the Year to be named
August 26-Big Race Day-three Legged Races,Potato sack races, wheelbarrow races and others
Other activities to be announced.
*****

Today's Link-LG's Personal Blog- You can help her with a huge problem. What color should she dye her hair? Leave a slightly green Dr. John in the comment for an extra chance at Friday's drawing.
A very good day today. My breathing was better. From 9:00 till 12:00 we worked in the new house basement. My grandson Alex with a little help from his brothers and very little help from his grandfather put together a large wooden shelf to put books on. We went through several boxes. In the afternoon they played computer games until the cousins came then they went out and threw water balloons at each other. My son filled the balloons for them. Now he and his wife and children are leaving for Florida and we have his dog. The two dogs are enjoying each other as much as the cousins did. Tomorrow the plumber comes and the guy who is digging out the space for our pool. It will be a busy day. I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

12 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

You forgot the "Guess what happens to Pigeon Falls next" contest. Winner gets a bbq dinner with the dragon.

5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again I wish I lived in Pigeon Falls where there is never a dull moment.

5:29 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I actually like the music. Then again, I'm a rock music kind of person. The heavier the better. Beautiful scenery and those snow laden trees... wow. I wanna go.

5:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. John, Great choice for the blog of the day, Brig has been a blogging buddy of mine for quite some time now!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Please don't take your laptop in the sauna.....unless you want to have to buy a new laptop. haha

I guess you must speak Finnish fluently? I would like to hear it spoken. Have you ever thought about doing voice clips via of and audiobox.? There are several good ones out there that are free to use.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

Aug 2 - "Pasty" eating contest?
Sorry, but I don't go to places where one may find a "pasty", let alone try to eat one.

I am hoping that was a typo and it is actually a Pastry eating contest. Now, that I could do.

Blessings.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

Finland is certainly a very beautiful country. you come from a fine land and good people.

i hope today breathing is as natural as breathing should be :) ..

Cuppojoe's grandma died last night completely unexpectedly. he is heart broken and so is the whole family.may i ask to include Grandma Crawford in your prayers tonight. please and thank you.

God bless you and we love you very dearly. hugs to you and all.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

it was Granma Wells actually...i don't know where my head is right now..oops, sorry.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Loved the video.

Laptop...sauna...not good in any language.

August looks like a busy time in Pigeon Falls.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Wow, what a wonderful slide show of Finland. I am now going to have to do some reading about Finland, I am very curious. It is amazing so much diversity. As I was watching the slide show, I thought to myself, with each picture I can think of a place here in the states that is similar. The lakes are gorgeous, as are the snow scenes.....have you been to finland. I get the idea you are from Finland, but were you born there, or did your parent imigrate to this country.? My parents parents were from France, and my husbands were from Russia. But neither of us have been out of the states to visit. He was in the Navy, but that doesn't count...because he didn't get to sight see or travel.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Chana I don't usually read other peoples comments, but I did read yours, and I wanted to say how sorry I am to hear that Cuppajoe's Grandma passed away. It is so sad, and it is so much harder when it is a sudden and unexpected. I remember when my Grandma passed like it was yesterday, I still miss her. Tell him I am thinking about him.......

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home