Monday, June 04, 2007

Back to Monday

Saying for the day:Everybody should do something every day to make somebody a little happier.

It is “Leave a comment Monday” . The day in which you , because you are so kind leave me a nice comment. You know I can’t afford pills for depression and so I need a comment fix once a week or more to keep me on the happy side. You have it within your power to help make me happy. Just leave one little comment. Or make me even happier and leave one big comment but please not the seven pages that anonymous left last week.( I’m still trying to understand that one)
Now I must continue with my self imposed task of bringing old sayings into the computer age. Here are this week’s:

1. That is the last comment
2. That comment leads to nowhere
3. That's a bitter comment to swallow
4. The best thoughts come in small comments

5. The chance of anybody commenting today is nare to nothing
6. The devil is in the comment
7.. The face that launch a thousand comments
8. The first hen to cackle is the one that left the comment

9. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is commenting on
10. The only sure thing is death and comments
11. The only way to get a comment is to give one
12. The road to Hell is paved with good comments

13. The squeaky wheel gets the comment
14. The way to a man's heart is through his comments
15. There is only one happiness in life, to comment and get comments
16. Those who comment a lot live longer

17. Time to make comments
18. Time to turn over a new comment
19. To everything there is a comment
20. To live without commenting is not really to live

Believe it or not I am nearing the end of my old saying list. I have reached those that start with Ts.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and Tommy UK has a secret.-Tommy Uk is not telling anyone in Pigeon Falls but on Friday he went to bed early and set his alarm for 12:00. Then he dressed and left the house. He decided to play detective and try to find the source of The Dream. He felt that if there was someone controlling the dream with some kind of electronic box then they would need to keep a light on to see what they were doing. So from 1:30 to 2:30 he looked to see where the lights were. The lights were on in Petrovich’s study, in Peterovich’s renters room, in one of the guest rooms at the Fly Inn, at the office in Eino’s garage, in the back room of Kivi and Maki’s store, in Pastor Moe’s study, in a room on the second floor of Robert Swanson‘s place, and at Mildred Manning’s home. Now his task was to narrow that list before next Saturday. He started with the Fly Inn. He told the manager that he was doing an article for the school paper about tourism. Thus he discovered that all the guests were new on Thursday and hadn’t stayed there before. So he ruled the Fly Inn out.
While Tommy Uk was working on his list Nancy had new problems. The poltergeist was back. She came in to find her teacups spelling out HI. This was something she really didn’t need. But then the poltergeist could be that which is not and can not be from the dribblet . In which case it could save them. How do you explain to a poltergeist that you need saving and it is the only one that can do it? Nancy didn’t have the slightest idea.
******

Today's Link-Rambling Woman-This is what happiness is. Make her even happier and leave a Dr. John in the comment.
Well the house in Crystal is sold. The check is here and in the bank. We spent a good part of the day working through boxes in the basement of the new house. we found my grandfather's concertina but since we really have no place to store it I am passing the relic to my sister Dawn who is thrilled to get it. It contains a lot of memories of our childhood and in her big house it will be put on display. We got through a lot of boxes. I ordered a scooter from Walgreens as my ability to walk any distance is getting less and less. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

12 Comments:

Blogger Alpha Dude said...

No comment.

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question.

Ah heck, why not?

The poltergeist can obviously read and spell. Nancy can leave him a message written in tea cups.

6:33 AM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

Oh man.. it's Monday.. I'm so tired...

I'm leaving you a comment to fullfill my obligations for Leave a Comment Monday.. however.. this is the first Monday comment in the longest time..

Darn..

Have a great Monday!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Dr John

I think you need a Pollyanna to come and visit you, then you and Pollyanna can play "The Glad Game"

8:18 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I'm commenting, I'm commenting.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Monday Dr. John. That Tommy UK is a clever fellow.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Hmmm. I would suspect Petrovich's renter and Pastor Moe. The renter is mysterious and Pastor Moe would want to prove a point.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Alastair said...

Wow, Monday already.

Well here's my comment - keep up the good work Dr John!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

commentorative-remember with comments.
commentserate-sympathize with comments.
commentable- worthy of comments giving praise.
commentmit-dedicated to giving comments.

4:29 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Please tell us about what you found of your grandfather's in the basement. BTW, This it the 10th Commentment. =)

7:03 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Dr. John, you should look into those cool sneakers with the hide away wheels in the bottom soles. You could zoom around in them. Hehe

7:58 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

Hello Dr. John. Thank you for your comment on my "ads" post. Of course, I don't expect to become rich with what I put. But if "money" should come, I will give it to charity. And if none comes, it does not matter. I always have given to charity anyway.

You said it wrightly: Sharing. That is what I want. And as you have certainly seen in my message box, you will be "shared" next friday.

Thank you for always coming to visit and have a very nice day.

Peter

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home