Sunday, June 03, 2007

Sunday

Saying for the Day:-People need to make the simple complex.

Its Sunday and I am getting ready for Church. It is the high point of my week. I go because there I will find other people who have discovered that the way, the truth, and the light are caught up in a person named Jesus. That’s as simple as it gets.
On top of that proclamation the Church has built complex theological structures. It has given us creeds and confessions. It has defined for us true belief and heresy . It has fought over the details and split into pieces each claiming to have the right doctrine.
Yesterday I was sitting with my Pastor and we talked about what the Church had done with this Jesus. Then we talked About the need to cut through all of that and to see and listen to the Christ. As that happens congregations will become less the selfish little islands they are today and more and more the servants of God to a needy people.
So I go to join those who have discovered the peace and joy that only the Christ can give and who have decided to serve Him. Have a grtat Sunday.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls– the little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life goes on.– Yesterday Fred Stir’s wife was unable to wake him. They sent him to Iron Mountain by ambulance and then flew him to Mayo’s where Alex Mattson is already being studied. There is now little doubt in Pigeon Falls that if you die in The Dream you end up unable to wake in this world. But life still must go on as usual.
Last Lutheran Church will hold services as usual today with special prayers for Alex and Fred. The Methodist and Catholic churches will also hold regular services. If anything, all this Dream stuff has pushed up attendance. At Last Lutheran people have even stopped , for the moment, trying to get rid of Pastor Moe. One member of Last Lutheran did remark that it probably wasn’t the Dream that put Alex and Fred into this deep sleep it was Pastor Moe’s sermons.
As people look back on The Dream nobody seems to remember seeing Tommy UK who is usually in the center of everything. Tommy Uk says he was there but didn’t do anything that would cause him to be noticed.
In truth Tommy UK wasn’t there and Tommy UK has a secret.
******

Today's Link-A Little Room for Art and other Stuff- Today she has some pictures of birds- but if you scroll down their is on the right hand side a chance for you to see her artwork. Leave a Dr. John in the comment . Its not artistic but it get a chance in the drawing.
It was a great church service. Pastor gave a fine sermon on the Trinity it being Trinity Sunday. we had a guest group 6that played guitars and some really special numbers from the choir. My grand daughter and my daughter came with us. In the afternoon Pennie and Bree worked on a project and I napped. It was a very hard breathing day. Peter came with the rest of his family and Luke and I played computer games. All in all it was a good day. I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

7 Comments:

Blogger Nessa said...

Beautiful post this morning. Simple is best.

4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Church -- where I go weekly to praise God, remember there is hope, and gain the strength to go back out with my light shining. My light's pretty dim this morning. Sleep is in order. I need one of Pastor Moe's sermons.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Does Tommy UK's secret have something to do with being the undertaker's kid? After all, the Dream is all about catching the blue plague and dying. Maybe he some special ability has been bestowed upon him.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said...

"I'm coming back to the heart of worship,
and it's all about you, it's all about you, Jesus.
Please forgive me for the things I've made it,
But it's all about you, it's all about you, Jesus."

lyrics from a song that always helps remind me and focus me when I come to worship God.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish everyone was able to grasp that simple truth. My pastor used to say "If we're all praying for the same thing, why do we keep coming up with different answers?"

5:00 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Amen Dr John

A Blessed Sunday is wished for you and Betty

5:47 PM  
Blogger Bazza said...

Hi Dr John, I agree with Nessa, simple is best, That's why wifey married me.

3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home