Thursday, May 31, 2007

A little more of me

Saying for the Day:What I like is what I like and you don't have to.

A Meme of My Favorites borrowed from Margaret.:

My Favorites:

TIME OF DAY: Noon ( Lunch Time)

DAY OF THE WEEK: Sunday, I get to go to Church .

SEASON: Spring

HOLIDAY: Easter

BEACHES: Runkle Lake and Champion ( Both in the UP)

SONG: I was there to hear your borning cry..

FLOWER: Lilacs, because they smell so good..

TALK SHOW: None

MOVIE: Chronicles of Narnia

SOAPS: Young and the Restless on CBS or Tide

BEVERAGE: Diet Rite Cola

FRUIT: Watermelon

SNACK: Bowl of ice cream

FOOD: Toasted Ham and Jam sandwich

RESTAURANT: The Old Country Buffet.

Now you know a little bit more about me and you can thank or blame Margaret since she invited me to play along.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and people are very much afraid of sleep.– Yesterday Mayor Trumble called a town meeting. She had everyone who was interested in The Dream come to the gazebo at the center of town at 6:00 in the afternoon. Then she called on the people of Pigeon Falls to stop letting The Dream run their lives. They needed to ignore it and go on with the task of raising families , planting crops, working at their jobs, and doing all the normal things they would do if The Dream had never happened. It is highly possible that Alex Mattson’s dream state has nothing whatsoever to do with The Dream. In any case they can change nothing by spending all week fretting over the Saturday dream. She called on people to begin planning to make this year’s Pigeon Days the best and biggest ever.
The speech seemed to help. A number of people volunteered to take on various Pigeon Days tasks. People seemed less tense after the meeting than they did before. As the meeting was breaking up the White Rabbit walked across the street at the end of the town and waved at everybody. They thought that was a good sign and even Mrs. Trumble seemed happy to see him.
Nancy says people are talking about things other than The Dream and she hopes the whole Dream thing is over. Some have even asked about her wedding plans.
*****

Today's :Link-MostlyThoughtless- If you think you have all the answers then you need to look at these questions. Leave a correct Dr. John in the comment.
Just a reminder that the first drawing for our new contest will be tomorrow. You will receive one chance for each comment you have left since last Friday and one chance for every comment left on the Today's LINK (limit one a day in either category) . That means you could have fourteen chances. The chances do not carry over. The prizes, of course, are priceless.
I did some online ordering for Betty this morning. Then I tried to order a walk in bathtub. The company still hasn't called me back. I watched my soaps. I played with the dog. I took a picture of the prize for tomorrow's drawing. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

5 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

I first heard that song at our church in De Pere. It is such a reassuring song. Good choice.

I think someone needs to initiate a dream contest. Who will save them? The White Rabbit or the Dragon? See who can dream the best dream BEFORE Saturday comes. In a dream, even the meekest of persons can be the hero. Encourage them to dream and fight the blue plague.

4:55 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Hey, there goes those infamous Toasted Hammy Jammy Sandwiches again. You're going to send me off to Bennigan's for another Monte Cristo again aren't you? =O)

Thanks for playing along.

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have a Champion Lake here, too, but it doesn't have a beach.

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very glad that I don't have to like ham and jam. I will simply say, "No, thank you." Would you like some of my cottage cheese and gravy?

6:57 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Ah yes, the four major food groups...

Diet Rite Cola

Watermelon

Bowl of ice cream

Toasted Ham and Jam sandwich

Just what the Dr. ordered, haha you sound like me.......lately I have a thing for root beer floats........

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home