Thursday, May 24, 2007

Move the furniture

Saying for the day: “We must be the change we wish to see in the world.” Gandhi.
It is that time of year when people feel a need to move things around. The old chair in the living room that was right buy the door now looks better over by the fireplace. All across the country furniture is shifting. Winter has passed and we feel a need to make things new.
I have seen that feeling in action on the blogs the last few days. A good number of people have new layouts. Logos are new, colors have changed , blogs are being rearranged.
I feel the need for change as well. When you come tomorrow there will be a new fortress. This one might even fit the space and not run down into the date.
Other changes, of course, will follow. I will get rid of the Finnish word for the day and replace it with Finnish Tuesday. There will be some Finnish videos and some Finnish words . “Leave a Comment Monday” will stay the same as to theme but the content will soon vary. The other constant will be “Forward by Ralph” which seems to be well received.
I am bringing back the Friday drawings because I enjoyed them but the format will change a bit. I am giving thought to a new blog marathon because I really like people to read other people’s blogs.
We are working at making videos so we can share with you the house, the office and , of course, the dog. ( Perhaps just a little of the grandkids).
So soon my internet living room will have all the furniture moved around and some thrown out. Come and visit and sit in the easy chair if you can find it.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and tomorrow never comes– Today is the day that Petrovich promised his pronouncement on The Dream. Now he says that he ran into some translation problems and he won’t be ready until tomorrow. He says he has contacted an expert on old Russian to help him with some very difficult words in the prophecy. Tommy UK thinks he is stalling. He thinks that the translation is done and has been done for some time but for some reason Petrovich doesn’t want to share it with Pigeon Falls. It’s almost as if he was afraid. But this is the man who last year predicted the town would cease to exist what could be worse than that? What could he be afraid of ?
Eino says that one shouldn’t worry because this prophecy stuff is all nonsense to begin with. It is not logical that something a fifteenth century drunk saw in his drunken dreams would have anything to do with Pigeon Falls today. Petrovich says that the visions caused the poor man to drink and he didn’t drink to get the visions. Seeing the future can be a horrible thing.
Petrovich is sure his expert will get back to him today and he will share his findings tomorrow. He just wants to be sure.
Saturday is approaching again and people are starting to worry about The Dream. They could use some good news.
Tommy the undertaker’s son has been searching the inernet looking for examples of group dreams but he hasn’t found any. This would seem to be a very rare phenomenon . So there is no advice or help for the people of Pigeon Falls.
*****

Today's Link-A Daily Dose of Zen Sarcasm- A tear jerking story of romance or knee jerking story of too people finding each other. Leave a not very romantic Dr. John in the comment.
Didsn't do much today. Got the new phones working. Watched my soaps. Helped Petrovich do some translating. Betty and Pennie took the dog to the Vets. Now they have taken it to doggy kindegarten. I blogged a little. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

6 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

So how come Petrovich couldnt predict that he would have translation problems that would delay his prediction?

7:20 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

I love to change furniture around and do so quite frequently.....also I love to change my template on my blog...makes things feel a little fresher. I will look forward to seeing the changes on yours! The only thing with changing the furniture is the older I get the longer it takes me! lol

1:05 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Happy Belated birfday Dr. John. I'm sorry I missed it and haven't been by in a few days. Things have been quite chaotic here lately. I haven't even had much time to blog. =O(

But when it comes to visiting blogs, I always make sure to stop by here and visit my favorite bloggy buddy. =O)

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NEW HORIZONS ... God must have had a reason for your change of residence. Thank Heavens for the Internet so that we may keep in touch with you!
FINNISH ... How would you spell my Mom's cousin's nick-name, which is "POYU" ... like "Sonny"?

LOIS
http://journals.aol.com/lowis6535/UpperPeninsulaMIandbeyond/

2:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention that your new picture of the "LINNA" is breathtaking. THANKS
LOIS

2:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home