Tuesday, May 15, 2007

800th Post




Saying for the Day: This is the day the Lord has made . Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

800 blog entries ago it all began with this entry:
Today is my son Patrick's birthday .Happy birthday pat
That was the entire entry on May 8, 2005. Note I failed to put a capital letter on pat.
This fantastic entry got one comment:
Thank you for the card. It was very funny. Oh and to MOM Happy mothers day. ;)
Thus it all began. Patrick is the son that got me to start blogging.
It might have been better if I had started with a two page pronouncement on the nature of life. But this is how it really began.

@@@@News from Pigeon Falls-the little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and history is important.-
Today we take you back to the first blog that contained Pigeon Falls story material . At that time it was mixed in with the rest of the blog and not seperated out:
This morning I moved the pictures of the storm damage to Pigeon Falls to our web page at - www.familylinna.com- It was devastating storm. Peter wondered if we need to start some kind of relief effort for the town and said the buildings will have to be built better. The citizens of Pigeon Falls appreciate his efforts but are very independent and want no help. Rain hampered town clean up in the morning so we worked on final touches to the restaurant and stairs. We began kitbashing a new station. It turned out quiet nice. In the afternoon we got the town back in order. Put in the new school (city engineer said it wouldn't handle a storm like the old school which was untouched by the wind) and put the cemetery back. Only lost one citizen of Pigeon Falls. It was a little old lady that a house fell on. She was wearing funny ruby slippers and I swear a bunch of little people were dancing around and singing. Then we put out the restaurant and the stairs. Built up the mountain until we were out of rock.

This was in the blog entry for July 1, 2005. After that until the fall the Pigeon Falls story began to grow and take on a life of its own.But this is the start.

So today I celebrate 800 blog entries. Some bad, some really bad, a few good, and one or two excellent. I have enjoyed the process and hope to see a thousand when I will celebrate again.
****

Today's link- Linna's Minute- on my 800th blog entry I offer you my son's entry( not the one that started me blogging) . Leave a Dr. John in the comment.
Well I have enjoyed the celebration of my 800th blog entry. I also got to see the basement in our new home as the chair has been installed. I rode down and saw how many unopened boxes we had. Then I rode up. It works very well. Betty's brother-in-law stopped in and visited for a bit. It was good to see him. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

14 Comments:

Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

Congratualtions!

4:52 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Happy 800.

Looks like the mysteries of Pigeon Falls began when the house fell on the lady with the funny ruby slippers and little people began to appear -- I take it, little even for Pigeon Falls -- tho one might also wonder how a town can be repaired in one day. I think Petrovich needs to do some data mining starting right there.

5:08 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Congratulations Dr John!!! A job well done! You are a much loved blogger!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good for You! Bravo!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Happy 800 Dr John

Where do you find the energy and ambition to blog everyday?

8:49 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

what a great accomplishment! thank you for sharing your lives with us. here is to 800 times 800 more at least. hugs to the family. much love to all.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

My best wishes for your 800th post. I said that I will not post today because of an important mission, taking my time. But I also promised to read blogs, if I have some time. Which I have now, before I go and sleep. Tomorrow, they will be gone. I will post. And it will be me 100th posts. So I still have a long long way to go before I come near to yours 800. So, again my best wishes and stay with us for another 800. We need to read you, we want to read you.

Have a nice day. Peter

12:14 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

800 posts. Wow. You have become much more eloquent since day 1. LOL

2:51 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

And I bet... you've met and touched the hearts of at least 800 people (I suspect many more) since that wonderful day. =O)

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, why are we only congratulating you? I think we should all also be saying: "Thanks, Peter!"

Way to go, Dr. John. Here's to the next 800!

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 800th blog!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO PAT!

I know I am not around as much but I think of you often and could never forget you!

6:42 PM  
Blogger plinna said...

good job dad.
I started blogging at the same time and have not kept up. You keep on going. You have found another way to reach a lot of people.

Congrats on 800
Pete

8:30 PM  
Blogger Alastair said...

Well done Dr John - I've not got to read all 800 but the last couple of hundred have been great - thank you!

4:46 PM  
Blogger chenmeinv0 said...

canada goose coats
ray bans uk
canada goose sale
mont blanc pens outlet
ugg outlet store
adidas shoes
ugg slippers
spurs jerseys
christian louboutin heels
coach factory outlet
2016.12.8xukaimin

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home