Sunday, May 13, 2007

Reflections on a blog


Saying for the Day-Looking back sometimes gives you a head ache.

On Tuesday I will celebrate my 800th blog entry. In preparation for the big event I have been looking back over those entries. Out of this careful research I have concluded:
1. In the beginning I had no idea of what I wanted this blog to be.
2. Today I have no idea of what I want this blog to be.
3. Life on the internet Is like life in general. You just begin to enjoy people and they quit blogging.
4. Comments are hard to get and you never know what people will comment on.
5. There are some very nice people blogging.
6. Internet contests leave you with a bucket full of name slips.
7. I really should have used a spelling checker on those early blogs.
8. The spelling checker didn’t always help on the later blogs.
9. I whine a lot.
10. Between the research for the blog marathons and the daily link I have visited over a thousand blogs.
11. My entries have changed but not improved.
The celebration will end with the 800th blog entry on Tuesday. I will reprint my very first blog entry and the beginning of the Pigeon Falls story.
Now may you keep blogging until Blogger becomes perfect.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage ( it used to be in my back yard) where the trains still run, dragons fly, and dreams scare people.-The Dream as it unfolded yesterday has left everyone scared. They don’t know why a dream should be so scary but it is.
People have been asking Nancy questions she can’t answer. Like” If you die in the dream do you die in real life?” Nancy tells them to have another cup of coffee and not to worry. It was just a dream.
But it wasn’t just a dream. It was The Dream in which the whole town took part. Poor Petrovich is telling people he never wanted to be a wizard. He is not responsible for how The Dream casts him.
What a horrible way to die, turning blue, welling up, and bursting. People don’t want to ever go back to sleep. Eino pointed out that so far The Dream has only come on Saturday so they have all week to puzzle it out .
Somebody suggested they have a dream festival on Saturday . It would start at midnight and go to midnight. There would be dancing and noise and nobody would sleep for twenty four hours. Eino thinks that by Saturday the whole thing will have worn off and people won’t be afraid any longer.
Somebody else suggested that they set their alarm clocks to go off every half hour . Then if The Dream has them on the edge of dying they will wake up and be okay.
*******

Today's Link-My Big Fat Blog- Another chapter in the battle of the bulge. Leave a thin Dr. John in the comment.
A good day today. In the morning we went to church. The senior bell choir played and did a marvelous job. After church we took Betty and the whole family out for dinner. Then we came back and played canasta. Patrick and Alex beat Betty and me. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

7 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Has anyone contacted the town to the north? Are they having a common dream too? Send Tommy UK and Eino. They seem to be the best investigators.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

whatever the reason, i am so very grateful that you were inspired to start blogging. you have made a huge impact of many lives and that is something we are very grateful for. i miss you.

i think the roses that you got your angel was such a lovely thing to do. glad she loved them and was surprised.

i'm so glad you have had great days and feel much better.

i'm trying to get back to regularly blogging, it will come soon i'm sure. until then, know that i read most of your posts or have them read to me which ever way it goes and enjoy every one of them.

love you always. hugs.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

800 blog entries, you are amazing, I struggle to find something to blog about maybe 3 or 4 out of the week.

It is a pleasure to visit you blog, your blog is one of the select few I visit daily.

Chana is right when she says you blog has made a huge impact on a lot of lives including mine.

Blessings for a wonderful Sunday

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just looked at my blog count for the first time in ages -- 485 -- in less then a year. I talk too much.

I had no idea what I wanted my blog to be when I started, but I did have a goal -- to make people laugh. So far, I seem to be doing jusat fine. What was your goal when you started blogging?

11:51 AM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

Happy Mother's Day, Dr. John.

(Betty too)

7:37 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

You don't whine a lot. Quite the contrary, in fact.

Congratulations.

I would love to read the story of Pigeon Falls from the very beginning.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Dat's a lot of blog.....glad you are here. I read you daily, and I don't even read the newpapers daily......so what does that tell you? I am not sure....but it must mean something.

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home