Saturday, May 12, 2007

800 is coming


Saying for the Day- Some numbers have the significance we give them.

You see the balloons this morning. I am getting ready for a big celebration. On Tuesday if everything goes well I will do my 800th blog entry. That’s a lot of blogs. I am not sure if it is a significant number or not but it is for me. It means I have poured out a lot of myself into cyberspace. I have shared my life history. I have shared the story of my romance and Betty the angel God sent me to love me and care for me. I have told stories of my children and my dogs. I have offered creative suggestions for life and great recipes. I have shared with you my childhood and old family pictures. Eight hundred blogs is a lot of blogs. But the event itself will not be until Tuesday.
On Tuesday I will reprint my very first blog which I wrote on May 8 , 2005. It had one comment.
I will celebrate.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls– The little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and the town dreams one dream-This morning the dream returned. All the sleeping people of Pigeon Falls suddenly found themselves back in Oiseaux Morts , their fifteenth century dream town. This time the dream was upsetting. Petrovich was there dressed in black wizard’s clothes. He was walking up and down the wooden sidewalk of main street announcing that the end was near. According to the Wizard the Blue Plague was coming and it would wipe out the town. He alone had the power to save them. He could use his powerful magic to keep the Plague out of Oiseaux Morts . He alone had this power. For it to work the town had to trust him. They had to believe in him. To show that they believed they had to give him all the gold in the town.
Father Moe said it was a scam. The church would protect them. You can trust mother church before some Wizard. There might not even be a Blue Plague.
Wizard Petrovich told them that there was a town to the north of them that had been hit. Everybody in the town turned blue , swelled up like a big blueberry and then burst. It was horrible. This could happen to them.
That afternoon a man came riding in, white as a sheet. He had seen the town up North and it was horrible. His advice was to run as far away as they could get. He was warning towns along what he called the Plague path. Then he rode off.
Now the people were afraid . What should they do. Surely there had been a church in the Northern town but it failed them. Their choice seemed to be the Wizard Petrovich or the Plague.
That’s when the dream ended and all of Pigeon Falls returned to normal sleep.
*****

Today's Link-Paranoid Prom Queen-How to quit work and get that little place in the country. Leave a Dr. John in the comment. Please.
Good day today. In the morning I played a marble game with the granddaughter. She won two out of three. Pat and the boys came and we all went out to eat at Arby's. While we were gone Peter and Luke arrived with another van load of my junk from his garage. The last of it is here now. Then I played canasta, Betty and I against Alex and Pat. They won. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

9 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Nancy needs to start serving really really strong coffee so the town doesnt fall asleep.

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

800! Wow! I am somehwere in the 200's I think.

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

800 -- Wow! That is a lot of writing.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Neoma said...

You are right that is a significant number of blogs. I think all of us blog for very different reasons, but I know why we READ. And that is because we find something of interest. I personally do not care for political blogs, nor ones that offer deep significant meanings of life, they just make me stressed, but I DO ENJOY a blog that offers a warm family atmosphere. It is like watching "Father knows best" on TV. Or the Brady Bunch. There is a reason that those shows were successful, there is also good reason why a blog is successful. I don't need to go into WHY your blog is successful, but it has many features that make it so. Sharing is a good thing, and people appreciate it.....

9:07 AM  
Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said...

800 is significant. congrats! It'll take me years to catch up. I am unfortunate in having only recently stumbling by and missing most of that 800. Keep writing. God bless.

9:52 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

You old blogger you
You must be almost ancient!
Congrats on your 8ooth post

11:05 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

A Blogger Post A Day
Helps one work rest & play!

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Dr. John, you are the Blogging Bomb. A most impressive achievement.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

And we're looking forward to another 800!

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home