Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Fast Forward from Ralph 13

Saying for the Day- Expecting Congress to act is like expecting a turtle to run. You have beter odds with the turtle.
My good friend Ralph forwards things he likes to me and every Wednesday I pick one to share with you. Here is today’s.


Garfield on the oil crisis

A lot of folks can't understand how we came
to have an oil shortage here in our country.
~~~
Well, there's a very simple answer.
~~~
Nobody bothered to check the oil.
~~~

We just didn't know we were getting low.
~~~
The reason for that is purely geographical.
~~~
Our OIL is located in
~~~
ALASKA
~~~
California
~~~
Coastal Florida
~~~
Coastal Louisiana
~~~
Kansas
~~~
Oklahoma
~~~
Pennsylvania and Texas
~~~
Our DIPSTICKS are located in Washington,DC !!!

Any Questions ???
@@@@News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and little town things happen– Its Wednesday in Pigeon Falls. The men working at the lumber mill and the one remaining mine are already looking forward to Friday. Working in a lumber mill is not your most exciting job in the world. There are all kinds of safety precautions and special equipment. You have to try to get hurt. Its not like the old days when somebody might cut off a few fingers or an entire foot. Those were the days when real men worked the mill and wives were happy if the husband came home with all his body parts intact. You know, the good old days. The same thing over at the mine. In the old days you could have a cave in anytime. Then there was all the excitement of trying to get the men out alive. The wives were happy if the husband came home at all. A number of men lost their hearing when the explosive went off too soon. Some had dirt permanently embedded in their face like Dirty Joe Miller. He was too close when the explosive went off and now his face ruins razors. Now , of course, the state inspectors make sure those conditions don’t exist. Things just aren’t the same as they were in the good old days before all that government interference.
There is a rumor that the mining tunnels are all over under Pigeon Falls. One day the entire town will just drop down into the tunnels and be seen no more. Petrovich probably has a dribblet for that.
Its Wednesday but Friday is coming. Whoopee !
******

Today's link-Death by Children-Just your ordinary visit to the Olive Garden restaurant-Leave a Dr. John in the comment.
Another good day. Went to the Doctor's this morning for another lab test. My potassium is now up to its proper level so I can cut back to just one of the horse pills I was taking to bring it up. From the Dr.'s we went to Wal Mart and got things to put under heavy furniture so we can move it. Then we shopped like women. You know they go in for one thing but come out with twenty five other things as well. In the afternoon we went and worked in the new house. The one room we have been working on is almost done . It just needs a little help from one son or the other. I called Peter and checked on my grandson Luke. He is doing fine , broken leg and all. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

9 Comments:

Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

Hahaha... I love those forwards from your friend Ralph. They really make me laugh!

Have a great day!

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee, hee....I've heard that joke before, but I love the Garfield picture.

I hope Pigeon Falls doesn't sink into the mines. See, my whole neighborhood is undermined and if PF sinks then I won't be able to live in denial about my home.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Loved the Cartoon, this is how I feel every morning I get up.

A wonderful day is wished for you and Betty

8:37 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Our DIPSTICKS are located in Washington,DC !!!

lol Dr John

12:09 PM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

If Pigeon Falls "falls" through the tunnels, no doubt the town would end up in China -- tho now that I think of it, it is possible that they may end up in nearby in Russia --- which not coincidentally is where Gregnicoff is from. One must not tell Petrovich as surely he will figure that into his driblet interpretation.

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When i was a kid my dad spent three days in a silver mine after a cave in. Eight men went in, three came out alive. My dad never walked into a mine shaft again. He took up logging. Said he wanted to die in the fresh air, and wait to be buried after.

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dipsticks indeed!

5:27 PM  
Blogger Gerbil said...

ok, the dipstick comment made me nearly spit out my wine. SO TRUE

10:01 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Shopped like women, huh, that made me laugh....cause here, it is my husband who goes to the store for one item and comes back with 80 bucks worth of toilet paper......oh well, last time it was salamie, and he isn't supposed to eat it.

I had to read down your blog for several days, I haven't been blogging lately, but tonight, while I am watching a Braves baseball game on my little TV computer screen, I decided to come by and see what you and Betty have been up to, besides I was worried about you. So your potassium was low,....that will make you feel pretty sick.....glad you are better.

I wish my husband still had the train set he had as a boy. It got very little use, and was in great shape, he went in to the service, and when he got out, his train, his coin collection, and everything else he owned was gone. We both love trains.

I am not feeling like blogging lately, but I still like to read.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home