Friday, April 27, 2007

Book Number Twelve

Saying for the Day: Its hard to write when your sick.

When I was really sick and spent a lot of time in bed I couldn’t do much except read. I have finished eleven books of the twelve in the Wheel of Time series. All that is left is book twelve.
Therein lies the problem. It has not yet been written.
There is lots that needs to be done in book twelve.
We have two hero’s who must be reunited with the main hero.
We have the main hero who now has only one hand.
We have a group of evil men with power that must be dealt with.
We have a broken Tower that must be healed and reunited.
We have a heroine who may be dead but if not only one of the lesser hero’s can save her.
We have a Queen who has just won her crown.
WE have the final battle that will either save or destroy the world.
That’s a lot for the last book. But the author Robert Jordan can do it and do it well.
That’s the problem. Jordan is very sick and may be dying. He is in no shape to write. If he dies without finishing the book his universe will end without being complete.
I am sure his wife will finish the book. But it won’t be his. It will be his and hers. It will be different. One will always wonder how it would have ended if only he had lived.
Perhaps he’ll finish.
I hope so.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls– the little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and the town dreams one dream-It is Friday morning in Pigeon Falls and people are uneasy. There is a fear that this Saturday “ the Dream” will return. There is no reason to believe it. But a lot of people just wonder if it will. Who can control dreams? They come and they go. Will Saturday take the whole town away again?
If “ the Dream” comes again will they be in the same place or will the dream take them somewhere else?
Well, no use worrying about as yet undreamed dreams.
Things are pretty normal in Pigeon Falls.
There was fight down at the Fly Inn. Two drunks trying to knock each other down and ending up holding each other up.
Annie Maki’s dog pulled her laundry off the line again. She either needs to get a dryer or a new dog.
The Andersons got into a screaming throwing match again . Ended up breaking the vase he gave her for Christmas. She either needs a new plastic vase or a new husband.
The potato fields are being plowed. Farmers have shot and buried a few deer the DNR will never hear of. But those deer won’t be ruining crops this year.
Pastor Moe is working on his sermon for Sunday. Just a little more work and it will be long enough and dull enough .
Just your ordinary day.
******

Today's Link-Life as I Live IT- A little French Tour with a hill to climb- Please when you catch your breath leave a Dr. John in the comment.
I spent a busy day. I visited blogs of people who left comments today and yesterday. I ordered forms to change my witholding from my pension. I ordered some phones, a tv thing, and another birthday gift for Betty since the last one got canceled. It will be very late. I cancleed our order for Warner Cable. they were very nice and I had no trouble at all. I started looking for a new walk in bathtub. My sister called to see how I was doing . I also made plans to go to the train show tomorrow. My son who was worried I may not be strong enough to hobble around that much arranged to rent me an electric riding thing. All in all a good day. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

12 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

The book may come out perfect. My husband and I team up on writing things often.

I believe it was J.R.R. Toiken (Lord of the Rings) who's son finished writing one of his earlier works.

Two heads are better than one.

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The book may come out perfect, or it may be flat like what happened with the VC Andrews series. Never the same. Lets hope Margret's right and husband and wife are of like talent.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Maybe you will be lucky and volume 12 will be written. Hopefully by Robert Jordan. If his wife writes the last book I am sure she will do well.

It is nice to see you blogging again, I've missed not see a new post everyday.

Blessings for a wonderful day to you and Betty

7:36 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

His wife probably helped him all along so just maybe the book will be the same. At any rate I hope he lives and can finish his book, with or without his wifes help.

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I used to read all the V.C. Andrews books. They hired someone to write under her name after she died. Some folks still like them, but to me they weren't the same and I lost interest.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

What would have been accomplished if JFK or Matin Luther King and not been assassinated? If Elvis had lived longer?

Maybe he does not want to finish the series....have I depressed you enough....SORRY!!!!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

So many books to read. So little time. :)

11:56 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Alas Dr John
funny world we live in
so "Who shot Bambi"

"The potato fields are being plowed. Farmers have shot and buried a few deer the DNR will never hear of. But those deer won’t be ruining crops this year."

To some the deer are pretty and cute to be protected like bambi.
For others the deer are venison for the table (not just of kings)

And for others they are pests to be exterminated.

For sure GOD made them all:
the exterminators to exterminate or be exterminated
all flesh food for worms or food for the fire
and kindness to have a childlike innocence.

Book 12 >>> funny thing but as the wheel turns, how many of us know where we'll be in twenty years, or twenty months or twenty days down the road.

Sure we all make plans, our childhood dreams often unfulfilled, our teenage years lead to confusion our adult life looking for a solution - but the one thing we know is today we are here - tomorrow? who knows.

Wishing you an 'easy' weekend!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

Blessings to you Dr. John.

Hope you are doing well.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

An incomplete series, the best saved for last and then never written- it would drive me batty.

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. John, you can't take walks in the bathtub!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

It is hard to write when one is sick, for many reasons. I hope his is able to finish his series, but if not, I hope his wife is able to do a good job. It would be a shame to leave all of his many readers hanging.

I hope you are feeling better....

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home