Monday, April 30, 2007

Leave a comment Monday

Saying for the Day-There is nothing as beautiful as a well chosen comment except, perhapos, a banana split.

Its is “ Leave a Comment Monday”. I missed last week because I was sick so I really need those comments this week.
I continue the impossible task of bringing old sayings into the internet age.
1. In for a comment
2. In one fell comment
3. In the twinkling of a comment
4. Does Bill Gates comment

5. It ain't fit for blog or comment
6. It ain't over till the fat lady comments
7. It goes against the comments
8. It is as clear as the commenting on the blog


9. It rolls off like comments off of a blog’s screen
10. It takes people like you to make people like me comment
11. It'll all come out in the comments
12. It's all in the eye of the commentor

13. It's an ill comment that brings no good
14. It's is raining on my comments
15. It's not worth the blog it's written on
16. Jack of all comments and a master of none

17. Jump to commenting
18. Just a hop, skip and a comment away
19. Just between you and me and the comment
20. Kill the goose that laid the golden comment

Now feel free to comment. Please

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and the town dreams one dream.-Maxine Quilldancer our third and fourth grade teacher ( she used to teach first and second) had her students write out their observations on the town of “ The Dream”. These are some of their responses:
1. You could get a splinter sitting on the sidewalk because they are made of wood.
2. It’s a fun place where you get to throw bad food at knotty people.
3. All the birds have gone on vacation.
4. No pigeon poop.
5. I waited for the cowboys but they didn’t come.
6. Nobody has to go to school there. There is no school.
7. You have to walk as there are no cars or even motorcycles.
8. In the dream I have only homemade wooden toys. But they were fun.
9. There is no electricity. Candles don’t give much light.
10. There were no video games but we didn’t know that.
11. There were real sword fights when Eino wasn’t looking.
12. My mother burned all our food and said it was the stove’s fault.
13. Everybody needed a cat because there were lots of mice.
14. My uncle Harry lived with us and he never shaves and smells funny.
15. There was no television. People told stories of the old days.
16. You didn’t have to take a bath.
17. There were no big stores just little shops.
Maxine thought the students did a pretty good job.
*****

Today's Link- A Simple Kind of Life-All about childhood and lost shoes- Please leave a Dr. John in the comment.
A nice day. I bloged in the morning. In the afternoon went over to the new house. There is so much to do before we move in. We don't know which box the remote control is in so we can't use the TV. THe computer room is not nearly ready for computers. Perhaps by June we will be ready. Spent the day moving an dunpacking boxes. Playeed c anasta this evening with Pennie and Betty. I won. Now I need a breathing trteatment.
GBYA


.

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's not worth the blog is written on. That is my favorite of all of them.. But they are great!!! Hope you are feeling better, Dr. John!!

5:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a fat lady and I'm commenting, but I am not certain I am the fat lady.

You are featired on muy blog today, Dr. John -- well, sort-of, in an all-about-me kind of way. :).

7:51 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Hi Dr John

Here is my comment for the day, visit my blog and you can see Minnesota from 39000 feet. I can see why Minnesota is known as "The Land of 10,000 Lakes"

Blessings for a wonderful day

10:17 AM  
Blogger Bazza said...

I have come via quilly's blog (allthough I do know the way myself) apparently you will now be tickled pink, now there's a vision.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

PS Dr John

I was supposed to say "Quilly Sent Me"

oops

10:26 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

The grass is always greener on the commenters side.

Keep your comments close and your commenters closer.

Thats about it for me today Dr John...Im not worth the powder to blow me up today! lol

1:18 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Hi Dr. John. I'm here to leave... ugh... something. I know it's Monday and I'm supposed to leave behind something, or drop something by... I just can't remember clearly at the moment.

Maybe I'm supposed to leave a chocolate cake? Nah. Hmmm... a flyer to hang on your front door knob?

Nah, that's not it either.

How about if I just leave you this $20 bill. That should cover whatever it is that I'm forgetting. =O) (just teasing you)

2:23 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

keep your comments short and sweet- you never know when you may have to eat them...
comments should be seen and not heard...
the early comment gets the worm...
early to comment, early to rise makes the reader healthy, wealthy and wise...

4:22 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I went to a place not so long ago that sold half portion banana splits. All the goodness with half the calories.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Alastair said...

I hope this counts, only a few hours late! Have a happy day Dr John (though by the time you get this it will be Tuesday!)

1:14 AM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

Holy comment, Blogman!

10:31 AM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Sorry I wasn't reading Monday and this is late...
Please don't throw me overboard in a pair of "comment" shoes ["cement shoes"] No comment. I know that was lame, but since I've linked to this post, I thought I better follow orders. =)

5:18 AM  
Blogger Utah said...

Hey there, the owner Phillip Clark has been in the
garage doors business since 1994 & involved in construction for 35+ years.
He got started with garage doors as owner of Oasis Protective Covers building custom steel buildings & RV garages in Mojave, CA.
His extensive experience in building has given him the ability to innovate when others can’t.
His experience in sales has taught him how to best serve the needs of his customers.

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is good post
http://fortresslinna.blogspot.com/2007/04/leave-comment-monday.html

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home