Friday, May 04, 2007

Google Me

Saying for the Day:All things with the same name are not alike.

Saw this on Stacy’s blog and thought I would try it. You have eight things to put behind your name like “needs”, “is”, “ wants”. You take your name and one of the them like “ John is” and Google it. Put the results here.

1. John needs…
your bone marrow. ( I hope not)
to get his patootie back here.( If I knew where here was)
to go! ( where?)
to borrow a car
a new name, ( But I like my name)

2. John is…
alive. ( that’s good)
still drinking. ( not so good)
Busy Slaying Pandas, . ( would never slay a cute little panda)
about to have his own art museum. ( lucky me)
Dating Your Sister. ( don’t telll Betty)

3. John likes…
400 but not 300. ( That’s downright weird of me)
cake. ( Finally one that’s right)
the smell of leather. ( But only if its expensive leather)
all people.( another one that’s right)
cricket. ( They can’t all be right)
direction beavers are heading. (Huh!)

4. John wants…
your reading list.( By Tuesday at the latest)
religion banned. ( They don’t know me at all)
more retail space.( I wonder what I’m selling)
you to think that every penny goes into R&D.

5. John gets…
Banned. ( now what did I do?)
leftovers again.
his head shaved! ( My wife might be happy she always wants it cut)
ready for his 1st try. ( at what?)
ass kicked.( It’s a dangerous world out there)
to paint. ( an artist at my age)

6. John says…
. I’m living and teaching in Beijing. ( sounds exciting)
That's pity peddling, misery merchandising -( Beijing isn’t that bad)
hi to everyone.
"it's all about me"..

7. John does…
Discuss Security versus Liberty
not know what the shahada is. ( true enough)
Stand-up comedy- ( Sit down comedy possibly )
not want you to have Your Choice on Work Choice. ( O! go ahead have your choice)


8. John eats…
Israel . ( and is my stomach upset)
the Little Book. ( When I’m really hungry I eat the Big Book.)
chocolate. ( Right on brother)
shoes. ( Wow was I hungry or what?)
more toast than me.( Is that my fault ?)
snails.( Never)

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-the little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and signs of Spring are every where.-Mrs. Milson is planting her garden with flowers from the Tent Lady . She is sure there won’t be any more frosts. Spring has really come to Pigeon Falls. Some of the old timers who can remember snow in July are sure she should wait until at least the 1st of June. She has planted the purple flowers right next to the red flowers she planted last year in memory of her grandfather. They seem to have come through the winter in very good shape.
All over Pigeon Falls people are feeling the need to dig in the dirt and plant flowers. Some people are buying flowers from the Tent Lady but some are even going to Iron Mountain and the big Wal-Mart store because there is so much more to choose from there. Some of those plants will end up dying in the garage because the person who bought them was either afraid of possible frost or just too busy to plant them. But they had the fun of buying them anyway. Some will get them planted and the deer will come and eat them. The deer in Pigeon Falls will eat anything even the plants that the flower catalogue says are deer resistant. These are not your ordinary deer. They chase dogs for fun.
The town council has decided to pay to have a window box put on every building on the main street and for the flowers to put in them. They want the town to look beautiful. School children will do the planting.
*****

Today's Link-Midlife- A Journey- One man's quest to understand himself- Leave a Dr. John in the comment.
Betty and I worked on the new home today. We began opening boxes and sorting the contents. It is a slow task. The man came and measured the steps for the ride a chair. In the afteroon we took the dog to the vets. Then we went to grandson Luke's birthday party. For a boy with a broken leg he was getting around very well. THe two dogs barking and all the kids screaming just about drove me up the wall. We didn't get back home until after 8:00. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

9 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

I have become a weather wimp. So glad that spring is here. Not sure what I am going to do when winter returns.

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quilldancer wants - to stay home from work and play online all day. Is summer here yet?

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny Dr. John! I'll have to try it.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

This looks like fun, I'll try it when I get home.

A wonderful day is wished for you and Betty

9:36 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

I like your google thingie...that was cute! I may have to try that!

8:25 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

I may be linking to one of your "comment quote" posts in my next post Part VI. Hope that's okay.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Bazza said...

I enjoyed the google game, thanks for that Dr. John

11:19 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Oh another one I must try.

2:34 AM  
Blogger Loz said...

Hi Dr John
Just found your link to my site. Thankyou for visiting
Cheers
Laurie

4:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home