Thursday, June 07, 2007

Win or Lose it's Friday

Saying for the Day: It's not if you win or lose but how often.

Its time for our Friday drawing. This is where we give one chance for each comment left during the week on this blog and one chance for comments left on the link for the day with Dr. John in them.
All the chances are put into a large bowl and Betty draws one out.

That lucky person gets our priceless prize of the week. This week it is a beautiful little eagle oil lamp with a genuine glass chimney.



If the winner doesn't want the priceless prize there are two more doors they can choose from. We can't tell you what is behind each door. It could be six rubber bands or three pencils. It might be some left over Christmas pop ups or some angels. It might even be an electric train ( battery) never taken out of its box with track included. The prizes behind the doors will change from week to week.

So if you win you can take the priceless (having no real value) or give it up and indicate which door two or three you want the prize from. The prize might be more or less priceless. But you can't go back.

Once your name is drawn . You need to leave a comment saying that you accept or which door you want. Good luck to you all.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls– the little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life goes on despite The Dream.-The big Lake ogf the Loons fishing contest ended this morning. The winner was Mrs. Grace Arbuckle from Wedgwood , Illinois. She had the heaviest fish and the longest fish so she ended up with two trophies and one hundred dollars in prize money. Her husband looked a bit sick when they put up her picture showing her and the fish she caught. She refused to tell anybody what bait she used or where on the lake she was fishing. She said she might be back next year to won it again. At that point her husband looked even sicker. Boy he must be proud. She was the only one from his fishing party to win anything.
The out of town judges of Eino Maki’s story said that it seemed so real it scared them. One even checked and sure enough there was a blog by a person called Quasar9. Eino says he stands by his story.
There was another story told yesterday but it only got an average of seven. Some people just can’t write and tell stories.
People in Pigeon Falls are really scared because Saturday morning is almost here and with it comes The Dream.
Tommy UK thinks he knows who is causing it but he can’t prove it.
So far Nancy hasn’t had any indication from the poltergeist that it will help and nobody has seen the dragon.
Will everybody in Pigeon Falls end up sleeping forever? Will Tommy act in time to save them. Where is the dragon? Can you count on a poltergeist? And is Tommy UK really the undertaker’s kid?
*****

Today's Link-Back in the Day- Some good reasons for passing on family stories-Leave a storied Dr. John in the comment for an extra chance at next weeks drawing.

Betty has drawn and the winner is
Kat. Now she has to let us know if she wants today's priceless prize or take a chance at one of the doors.
Well Kat picked the red door which is the first door. Behind the first door will always be the prize of the day so she wins a genuine American Eagle oil lamp with a glass chimney . If she had chosen the second or orange door she would have won four little angels and a bicycle safety reflector. Behind the third door were four little porcelain houses. ext week all new prizes.
My walk in tub came and the plumber came and explained all the problems he was going to have putting it in. My Scooter came and Betty and I put it together but I can't ride it until tomorrow because it has to charge all night. Betty I went and got some shelving. we now have the first of the junk we are keeping shelved and identified , My son and grandsons arrived. we sent him out to pick up our pool for the back yard. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

12 Comments:

Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Everyone likes to be a winner, but for Us to Win - means someone has to lose.

Me, I like to play Volley Tennis
The idea is how long me and my opponent (player on opposite side) can keep the volley going and the ball in the air ...

Not how often he or I can ACE each other. That's ok if you've got ball boys to chase after the cannon balls - else it makes for a 'boring' sort of game.

A bit like reducing a football match to a penalty decider.

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tommy UK is a smart and resourceful kid. I am he will save the town.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Congratulations Kat.

Maybe the White Rabbit will come and save the day?

6:22 AM  
Blogger J C said...

Thank you Dr. John for visiting my blog. I love meeting new people. Congrats to Kat. Is she the Kat in Utah? I'll have to go check. Too bad I was too late, as Mr. Eagle would have loved to come and join all my birdie friends that live with me (my 5-22 post). You are right that most of my commentors disagree with the shark fisherman's trophy. It's a shame to waste such a great design of Mother Nature just for a trophy. I can understand fishing to eat, or even for fun if one will catch and release, but just for trophy...well...you know. I have an artist friend who is building a train scene in her garage, but her scene is Switzerland and she has built mountains and skating rinks, etc. etc. around the station. I'll send her a link to your blog. I have bookmarked and will be back to explore more about Pigeon Falls. Nice to meet you...hello to Betty. :)

6:39 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Congratulations Kat,

A Blessed Weekend is wished for you and Betty and everyone

8:47 AM  
Blogger LadyK said...

Congrats to Kat!

Loved hearing about the fishing tourney! Bet Grace was just beaming. :D And, good girl to not tell any details.

You and Betty have a great weekend!

Oh, and there were two tornadoes yesterday. One went thru in and around Powers and one supposedly went thru somewhere near Menominee.

9:05 AM  
Blogger GW said...

Hi, Dr. John and friends! I've not visited in a while, but am so glad I did today. What a great link you posted for the day.

If you have time, everyone, stop by my blog and wish Willis a happy 90th birthday!

http://www.gardenwife.com/mt/archives/2007/06/willis_is_90.php

9:18 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I like the idea of mystery doors.

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! I won??? No way... so exciting...I'm with goldennib, I love a mystery and I love Red so I see a red door and I want to paint it black...no, I mean I want to pick it! Thank you Dr. John and Betty!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Yay for Mrs. Arbuckle.

BTW, it was cold back in Wis this week. Had to buy a jacket and closed toe shoes.

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was such a surprise to come home from work today and find so many new visitors at Back in the Day! And...I loved the mystery of following a trail to your site. I'm glad you found me, and I then found you!

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I ever win, I hope to pick the door with 3 rubberbands. There are never any rubberbands in this house. We rarely use them so a box should last us a good long time, yet we are always out. How does that happen? Where do all the rubberbands go? Is the answer in a dribblet somewhere?

3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home