Thursday, June 07, 2007

All About Me



Saying for the day: I am a mystery to myself so I must be to others as well.

I am trying to get my blog life into some kind of order so I am trying to get as many days themed as possible. Monday is “ Leave a Comment Monday” , Tuesday is Finnish Day, Wednesday is “ Fast Forward from Ralph” and now Thursday will be “ All about me”. On Thursdays I will put meme’s or tell stories or show old pictures that tell you something about me. It will be a day for me, not deep thoughts or shallow thoughts either. Not a place for great ideas or dumb ideas. Just a place to share a bit more of me with you.

So we begin with this meme that I took from Catch’s blog. It is supposed to have one word answers but I allowed myself (hey its my blog) up to three. Where my answers are the same as Catch I colored them red.
1. Where is your cell phone? What cell phone
2. Relationship? Betty
3. Your hair? Uncombed
4. Work? retired
5. Your sister? Which one
6. Your favorite thing? grandchildren
7. Your dream last night? horrible
8. Your favorite drink? Diet rite cola
9. Your dream car? Pontiac Montana
10. The room you’re in? bedroom
11. Your shoes? old
12. Your fears? steps
13. What do you want to be in 10 years? still here!
14. Who did you hang out with this weekend? Family
15. What you’re not good at? Name it
16. Muffin? Chocolate chip
17. One of your wish list items? New Lionel Train
18. Where you grew up? Farm
19. The last thing you did? Played PC game
20. What are you wearing? nightshirt
21. What aren’t you wearing? socks
22. Your pet? Maggie
23. Your computer? Old
24. Your life? Wonderful
25. Your mood? relaxed
26. Missing? UP
27. What are you thinking about right now? So many boxes.
28. Your car? Pontiac Montana
29. Your kitchen? small
30. Your summer? Grand kids
31. Your favorite color? blue
32. When is the last time you laughed? Today
33. Last time you cried? Who cries
34. School? LSTC
35. Love? God

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life goes on despite The Dream– The first of the Liar’s Club contestants for this years Pigeon Days contest went yesterday. It was Eino Maki , a potato farmer. There were ten judges. Five of them Liar’s Club members and five tourists who agreed to be judges. They were to award anywhere from one to ten points depending on the performance and story. Here is Mr. Maki’s story:
I often read the blog of some guy who calls himself Quasar9. He shares all this scientific stuff about stars and black holes. You know the stuff scientists discover looking through fancy telescopes. Well the other day he had an article that would blow your mind. It seems that according to the scientists at the Birdwall Institute there is an object out there unlike every other object discovered in space. They found this object using the new Geo Force telescope system that was built at White Sands , New Mexico. I don’t understand the technical stuff but this telescope uses some kind of filter to get some kind of data in a way never done before. So these scientists found this object in a galaxy not far from ours. What it does is repel things. Every other object in space attracts things. When something gets close to a planet or a sun their gravity pulls the object in to smash on the surface. But this object forces things away. Anything that comes near is expelled with great force out into the universe.
More than this the object seems to expel things from its surface that have the same property. As they move out into the universe any thing in their path moves out of the way. This according to the Birdwell scientists explains some of the recent universe events were suns have crashed into suns and black holes have moved to the edge of the galaxy. They were pushed.
The scary thing according to these scientists is that one of these things may already be moving toward our galaxy. It can’t be seen except in the movement of the objects it repels . But if one is headed toward us then one day in the next fifteen or twenty years we could see one of those repelled planets moving toward our earth and then its all over for us. This has me so scared that I have stopped reading Quasar9’s blog.
Now if you don’t believe me you can go to his blog and you will even find full colored pictures of the way the scientists see this object. Or you could call the scientists at Birdwell yourself.
Mr. Maki got two eight’s, six nines and two tens for an average score of nine. That’s the score the others have to beat.
*****

Today's Link-Erratic Scribbler-A look at what purity means to him and how it drives him. Leave a Dr. John in the comment to get another chance for tomorrow's drawing.

This is tomorrows prize or choose one of the doors.

Today I spent the morning calling. I contacted Walgreen to see when my scooter was coming. I called the tub company to see when the tub was coming. I called a handyman to install our deck and a plummer to install the tub.
Then I watched my soaps.
In the afternoon Betty and I worked in the basement of the new house. We got rid of more junk. Put aside some stuff to try to sell on E-Bay. Put some stuff to give away on freecycle. Got two phone calls. Both the tub and the scooter are coming tomorrow and the plumber is going to come and look. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

13 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Does quasar9 have anything to do with the blue plague?

4:37 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

PS, I just sent you an email at the scglobal address. It just occurred to me that it may be your UP one.

Basically, there is a reception at Richesons Monday night. Terry said to come.

4:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am liking your theme days. Every so often I consider such things for myself. Especially here at the last day of schol. With the children gone, what shall I post?

6:20 AM  
Blogger LadyK said...

Hey Dr. John!
Loved Mr. Maki's story, lol. Pretty good, I can see how he won!

Kim (Shilo) from Artful Visions here. I have completely changed everything including my name, to Twisted Thicket. This change is very recent and you can now find my blog at http://twistedthicket.com :)

Going to go visit Erratic Scribbler now.
Have a great day!

6:41 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Great theme idea. And I loved the meme. It's great getting to know people.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

As Quilly like your theme days. Today we learned a bit more about you.

Thankyou for sharing

8:26 AM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

I like that your favorite thing is your grandkids. That is sweet.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I agree with the consensus that learning more about Dr. John helps us to understand the science behind astro and quantum physics but most importantly the purpose of life.

(I have no idea what I'm talking about.)

9:19 AM  
Blogger Erratic Scribbler said...

man, i love that guy's blog.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Good idea- it's fun to learn more about fellow bloggers. Maybe you should start a Mr. Linky deal with it.

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the new format for your blog. It's nice knowing what to expect on any given day....there are enough other surprises in life so a little familarity and comfort is good.

4:22 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Love your saying today. Your list are mysterious indeed.
Just visiting after a long time.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

great meme! you had some great answers. We both agree we both want to still be here in 10 years! And also that grandkids are our favorite things!!!! :))

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home