Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Fast Forward from Ralph 18

Every Wednesday I share with you something that my good friend Ralph has forwarded to me in my e-mail. Today we have British signs:







@@@@ news from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and the best fishermen always win.-Grace Arbuckle’s husband is upset. They posted the pictures of the fish that Grace “ caught” but at her request they didn’t post her picture or her name. Her husband is looking at the weight and the length of the fish and he swears there is nothing like that in the Lake of The Loons. If there was he would have caught it as he has the best equipment there is. He thinks it’s a plant by the people running the contest so they can keep all the entry money and give out no prizes. When he demanded to know who caught those fish they told him he would know on Friday. Grace suggested to him that it could be just an ordinary housewife like her, He laughed and told her that the day a housewife like her wins a big fishing contest he is giving up fishing for good. “We will see” she said. “ we will see”
Tommy UK ( undertaker’s kid) has narrowed down the list of suspects. He is sure it isn’t Petrovich or Eino because both of them have been appearing in The Dream since the beginning. He is trying hard but Saturday is coming and it could be the end. The Blue Plague is in the dream village.
******

Today's Link-Blurb from the Burbs- A look at medical terms that will ruin them forever for you but its funny. Leave a Dr. John in the comment and get an extra chance for the drawing on Friday.
We packed up Margeret's prize from last Friday. Finally found a box that was the right size. Betty took it to the Post Office where it was refused because of the box we put it in but the man was very nice and we got it repacked in a different box. Sometimes life is complicated. I also mailed out the blog entries from February to my non-internet sister. I only procrastinate a little.
Watched my soaps. Then I began doing the research and planning for the new train lay out. We also have to plan for the coming of my three grandsons next week for their summer visit. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the British signs! One of my 3 number one classroom rules (yes, you read that correctly) is: "Don't step on the little kids. They stick to your shoes and then you track them in and make a mess on the carpet."

6:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gotta love the Brits (humor)
Go Grace!!

6:18 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Mr Arbuckle is going to be really surprised when he finds his foot in his mouth.

The townsfolk of Pigeon Falls need to wear orange, paint the town orange, and wear orange colored glasses. It will force them to dream in orange. Orange is the opposite of blue and dreaming in orange will cancel out the blue plague.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Bazza said...

I'm not convinced they're all British Dr John, but the best one on Penrith station definitely is.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Love the signs, especially the one "Stiff nipples", although I am not quite sure without the descritpion underneath, I would have figured out JUST WHAT business he was in.....haha

I remember reading one once on a bathroom wall......"please do not toss your toothpicks in the toilet, the crabs have learned how to pole vault..." thank you.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Send that Air Conditioning company down here - I'm roasting today. With the AC on.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Those are great signs. Very funny.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

love the "britticisms"

5:46 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

Good morning Dr. John. I just saw your comment on my "You have disappeared" post. And you say that you are depressed because you did not make the cut. Could I understand that you mean to say that you are not part of my "favorite" circle? If so, I would like to "anti-depress" you immediately. You ARE. But there is a technical problem. All appear with their names. But for you (also in the Google reader) I only get "--" when I link or refer. I have not sorted this out yet.

And now I wish you a nice day. And take a good rest and prepare for tomorrow's "shock". You are my "Friday Fourteen".

Peter

8:05 PM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

Hahaha.. those signs are hilarious!

10:56 PM  
Blogger Tina Dray said...

very funny Dr John !

1:04 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i absolutely love these signs. they are so funny. your friend Ralph sends you good funnies. thank you to both.

my cpack is hopefully coming home with me thursday the 7. one whole week earlier for there was a cancellation. Yuppi!!!
poor little machine, there are so many banking on how much life changing it will do. i'm soooooo hopeful and can't wait for a better night.

thank you for all your continuing prayers and friendship. i have realized how often the Footprints prayer is true for me. the only thing that gets us through bad spots are God and the prayers. thank you for helping in carrying me.

much love and many hugs to all. have fun with the exciting thoughts of the new layout..so many possibilities eh? it will be wonderful!

hope Betty is well. and your pup keeping you both laughing still.

1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, signs with a sense of humour, thats hysterical! Can't wait to see pictures of the new train lay out.

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home