Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Finland Page 5

Tervetuloa tiistaiselle suomi-sivullemme

Welcome to Our Tuesday Finland Page

Another Video of Finland





The phrase of the day

Vaalea tukkasi on niin kaunis.

Your blond hair is so beautiful.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls– The little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and the music goes on.-Herman Periwinkle met with Tommy UK yesterday. Herman reminded Tommy UK that the recital was Thursday and that he needed to be there. Herman said the plan was going well but he had practiced so much it was getting harder and harder to make really glaring mistakes. Tommy UK assured him that after the recital the practice would be over. Now he needed to practice three hours a day until then. He should tell his parents that some of his friends were coming to the recital and he wanted to be extra good. Tommy UK said he would bring little Eino ( no relationship to big Eino) and Wolf Johnson with him to the recital. It would go perfectly.
Petrovich is translating another dribblet. He says that this one is about an event that already happened so he has to translate faster, But he will have it up and on his website by Friday. It concerns a man of snow in the city of the birds. He says you have to read it to believe it.
The poltergeist is back. Nancy came in this morning to find her tea cups floating in mid air. Then one by one they went back to their proper place on the shelf. She noticed that they were cleaner than they had ever been. Maybe having a poltergeist isn’t all bad. When people came in and asked for tea a cup would fly to her hand. It was like having an extra worker that you didn’t have to pay. She just hopes it won’t scare away any customers.
Hap Andersen and his wife are going to Finland with that Carl guy from the Marquette television station. Mrs. Anderson has relatives that live near Helsinki and she has never met any of them. She has corresponded with them by mail and now by E-mail so they are looking forward to her visit. Hap is of old Norwegian stock so he will have to wait for another time to visit the old country. They will be going sometime in July.
*****

Today's Link-chrome3d- A Finnish blog in English by a graphic artist. Scroll down to the last couple of entries and learn a little bit about Finland.Somewhere on the blog leave a Dr. John in the comment.
A rather ordinary day. the plumber came and finished the walk in tub renovation.l Betty and I worked at going through boxes in the basement. We have piles and piles of albums we have put together over the years. They all need to be stored. Then we intend to scan all the pictures and identify them. We think , perhaps, one album a week. Now I need a breathing treatmemnt.
GBYA

10 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Why thank you Dr. John, my blond hair is quite beautiful this morning. Nevertheless, I must get up sometime and get dressed and run a comb through it.

5:14 AM  
Blogger Bazza said...

We have lots of things floating in the garden at the moment, but it has nothing to do with poltergeists!

5:42 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Hmmmm. Sounds like Tommy UK's plan for Herman Perwinkle might be backfiring.

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, I really enjoyed the video today. The scenery was gorgeous...especially the Nothern Lights.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Can I get a poltergeist to do my dishes?

7:03 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Thank you Dr John.....but actually I havent even combed my blonde hair yet!!! lol

8:09 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Why, thank you :-) Ha!

I had a Finnish friend when I was a little girl, and her mom used to do the most delicious baking I had ever tasted. Wonderful Finnish breads, cakes and cookies. I still remember them. My little friend's name was Sonja. I remember her name and her mom's baking.

7:17 PM  
Blogger -atomik kitten said...

Frankly I am not fond of watching the news PERIOD. I refuse to have it on in the house unless we are literally under a tornado watch or severe winter ice warning. That's why there are newspapers and online news sites. We are over-saturated and we have ourselves (as a whole society) to blame. I did my final paper in social problems on news media and why it is a social problem. You probably can guess my thoughts on embedded reporters, huh?

I will be very fun on the blog this term, Dr. John, since I am taking Psychology.

It is an odd world, indeed.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

I don't watch TV here. We don't have. But I have my daily "soap opera" (sorry, for the term, I am not rude, by all means): News from Pigeon Falls.

8:15 PM  
Blogger chrome3d said...

Is it good that I´m included as a daily link to Finland here? Why you people follow Dr. John, and should I peek here every now and then?

Have a good time in Wisconsin. Greetings from Espoo!

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home