Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Fast Forward from Ralph 21

Every Wednesday I share with you a message that was forwarded to me by my friend Ralph. Here is today’s sharing.-

A precious little girl walks into a pet shop and asks, in the sweetest
little lisp, between two missing teeth,

Excuthe me, mithter, do you keep widdle wabbits?

As the shopkeeper's heart melts, he gets
down on his knees so that he's on her level and asks,

Do you want a widdle white wabbit, or a thoft and
fuwwy bwack wabbit, or maybe one like that cute
widdle bwown wabbit over there?

She, in turn, blushes, rocks on her heels, puts her
hands on her knees, leans forward and says, in a tiny
quiet voice,

I don't think my python weally gives a thit.

@@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and travel is important– Next week the Andersens leave for Finland. Once they get there they will leave the group and spend the three weeks with her relatives who live near Helsinki. They are busy packing and deciding what they should take with them. Anna has put together picture albums of her kids and grandkids as well as some other American relatives. Hap says why do that when you can send them all those pictures in E-mail. But she says “ real” pictures are better. She has been trying to remember all the Finnish her mother taught her. Hap has been picking up some phrases from the internet.
Yesterday he learned “Vaalea tukkasi on niin kaunis.”. She told him that if he says that to any woman in Finland other than her little cousins she will smack him aside the head.
Last Sunday Pigeon Falls celebrated St. John’s Day with the traditional burning of the Christmas trees. This is an old Scandinavian custom. All the real Christmas trees were saved and then piled in one huge pile in the clearing back of Last Lutheran Church. They had a fire truck on hand, just in case it threw a spark where sparks shouldn’t go. If there had been any wind they would have called it off. But the day was perfect so when it began to get dark they lit the pile. Then they sang old church hymns accompanied by one of those portable organs. AS in all celebrations in Pigeon Falls there was a little beer drinking and then a little more. Just as the fire reached its highest point our friendly local dragon made an appearance. Some of the participants threw beer cans at it. They didn’t hit it , of course. But it seemed a mean thing to do since it was the dragon that saved them from “ The Dream”. Even Mrs. Trumble is no longer sure the dragon is evil. But people will be people and people with beer will be even more people. .
******

Today's Link-Funeral Girl- This is one of Catch's favorite blogs. She shares her experience with a bad boss. Leave a DR. John in the comment.
I had another one of those great days today. In the morning I began to unpack my trains. Just holding them was wonderful. They probably won't be running until September. I watched my soaps. My sister Dawn called and told me my other sister is getting married again. I called the other sister and congratulated her. Then back to the basement and unpacking trains. Then Betty's sister and her husband stopped in on the way to his big family reunion. It was a very good visit and we ended up going out for dinner. So I had no time left to visit blogs but I will tomorrow . Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

10 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Ah, they were just recycling those beer cans. Hoping to save a step in the smelting process.

5:09 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Had to laugh at Ralph's forward for today- haven't seen that one yet from Clair, but probably will before too long- I swear they have the same sources...

5:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor wittle wabbits!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

Thhhay!
Thaththth's funny!

I Thtill don't care much for thnake-thths.

Bleththing-ths.

(you jutht can't thay that thtuff without thpitting)

10:07 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Oh, that joke is just wrong. ; D

10:29 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

lol,
I've heard of people keeping snakes and feeding them live mice

But I guess the little girl has to feed the python, or she could be lunch. Lucky they don't eat three times a day - huh?

12:42 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Oooooh, shes bes bads. I'm sorta talkin' funny today too. Dentists have a way of doing that.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I can see you holding your train much like a new mother holds her baby.

I finally posted.

Hubby is wondering if you are up for him to come down and build more tables.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

oh it's great to read you so happy..i love your enthusiasm for life and family and your trains..you are so sweet..Weesie is doing very well..today she didn't take one painkiller, whoo-hooo..my little girl is coming along just fine, thank you and Betty for your prayers..

i'm trying to get over a cold and hoping Keka gets over hers too..poor little monkey, is tiring being sick..
we leave you with hugs and love for you and yours..may tomorrow be even better than today..xo

10:29 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I love the joke! And thanks for picking funeral girl as the link of the day...she is the best! Great sense of humor! Glad to see you had such a wonderful day with family! Hows the pool coming?

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home