Thursday, July 05, 2007

It's All About Me

It is time for “ All About Me”:
This week by way of a meme I took from Catch’s blog though Bazza did it as well.
The answers in red are the same as Catch’s

Finish the sentence...............
the FINISH THE SENTENCE SURVEY MEME

Maybe I should……do a different meme.

I love…... God, my family, and my life ( and my dog).

People would say that I’m……old and dull.( I used to be young and dull)

I don’t understand….. Much of anything.

When I wake up in the morning…..I need a breathing treatment.

I lost…....a bread maker in the move to this house.

Life is full of….....…wonderful God given surprises.

My past is…... .gone but not forgotten.

I get annoyed when….…I can’t remember a name. .

Parties are….. For children.

I wish…... My lungs were back to normal.

Dogs …...... love you no matter what.....

Cats….. Are something I can do without.( Sorry all you cat people)

Tomorrow …….????????????

I have a low tolerance….…for pain.

If I had a million dollars…..I’d hire somebody to type this blog for me.( I’d dictate)

Remember if there is anything you want to know about me leave a question in the comment.


@@@@@News from Pigeon Falls– The little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly , and the town had the greatest Fourth of July ever. The parade started at 11:00 with the high school band, Then there were two fire trucks, a city truck, the Liar’s Club president’s car (decorated with untrue statements like “ the World is still flat”) a patriotic float by the youth of Last Lutheran ( God Bless America) , somebody dressed like Uncle Sam, and the Liar’s Club “65 piece band”, all three of them. Not a bad parade by Pigeon Falls standards but not one for the record books. But suddenly at the end of the parade after the Liar’s Club band came a drunken moose. That’s right a drunken moose. This moose was as drunk as the one’s that staggered in to town last year or the year before having had too much fermented rotten apples. But this was not apple season. How in the world did the moose get drunk and how did it show up right at the end of the parade? It staggered along behind the band until it almost reached the end of the street and the firecrackers went off. Then it turned around and ran back up the street. People rushed to get out of its way. One does not want to be run over by a drunken moose on the fourth of July or any other day for that matter. It had almost reached the end of the street when it stopped and smelled the air and then it headed straight for the Fly Inn. As it entered the bar people rushed to get out of its way and the moose finished the drinks they left. Then it fell down , too drunk to walk anymore. The DNR came and hauled it out to the woods to sleep it off.
Now the question was where did the moose come from. Just about everybody had one answer, Tommy UK. They didn’t know how he did it but they were sure he was to blame. Tommy just smiled. It would be remembered for a long time.
The rest of the day was rather ordinary.
The Methodist ladies sold all their pasties.
Mayor Trumble made her annual support the troops speech.
There was a great street dance with lots of beer.
Both the Dragon and the Big White Rabbit made appearances.
The dragon flew in among the fireworks breathing fire. That added something special to the event.
And the poltergeist stacked Nancy’s teacups in the window of the coffee shop in the form of a V.
All in all a day to be remembered for a long time.
******

Today's Link- Whirling Betty-Some nice firework pictures- leave an explosive Dr. John in the comment. ( Remember it gets you an extra chance in tomorrow's drawing for the car.)
It was a lazy day today. we were all tired from being up so late last night. I worked an hour in the basement in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. I feel asleep during my soaps. Even the dog was tired it slept all morning in front of the TV set. Betty went and got her hair cut. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

14 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

The DNR hauled the moose to the woods to sleep it off. LOLOLOLOL. So what would they have done if he wasnt drunk?

5:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again I wish I lived in Pigeon Falls...or at least was in town for all the excitement. Where else can you see a drunk moose, a dragon, a big white rabbit and a poltergeist all in the same day?

Dr. John, you are neither old (in any of the ways that matter) nor dull.

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only in Pidgeon Falls would a drunken moose parading down main street be an annual event.

8:56 AM  
Blogger B.S. said...

Dear Dr. John,

I am so flattered that you linked my post. I needed this kind of validation, having never before taken fireworks photos.

Happy belated 4th!

Hugs,
Betty

9:01 AM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Oh I HATE it when I can't remember a name!!

And you are never dull...really.

9:12 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

lol
hiring someone to type the blog

Well no fear, soon you'll be able to dictate and microsoft will type it for you in whatever language
We are not quite there yet
But not that far off either.

They say hearing your voice, and seeing your words appear as yext will be the next best thing since powdered milk

Well since hot secretaries with mini-skirts anyway - lol

10:24 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Well since hot secretaries with mini-skirts anyway - lol

10:24 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I have heard people refer to you as "smart" and a "good story teller" and these are from actual people, not just bloggers.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Bare said...

You are not dull! I need to get back here more often, and check on you-- and all the happenings in Pigeon Falls! :0)

11:47 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

That's weird, we had a drunken moose at our 4th of July party. I wonder if they're the same guy.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I'm so bad with names. I know some where out there is an internet site that has some good tips on how to remember people and their names.

I need to reread that and put it into practice this Sunday at our new church.

(Got the Flower Garden DVD, Squirt had to put it on right away.)

2:11 PM  
Blogger Ruth W. said...

Love your blog, always gives me a chuckle. I too, want to live in Pigeon Falls

4:15 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I liked these answers, I may even take the Meme Test as well.

What a good idea, a cat nap in front of the tv. I'd love to but the Cable Service Tech is supposed to arrive sometime between 5 and 7 this evening to see why my digital channels are pixelating.

A wonderful evening is wished for you and Betty

4:42 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I suspect you were not young and dull, anyone who worked on the ore boats. I think tht's very interesting.

Josie

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home