Saturday, July 07, 2007

Our Week in Pictures

We begin with a video of Maggie in her sandbox:




































































































































@@@@@News from Pigeon Falls- The little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and the Liar's Club story contest goes on. Last night Karl Rundman who is a professor at Michigan Tech got his turn. Here is his story:
You have all. I’m sure, heard of the Big Bang theory of how the world began. It’s the one that is in all the school text books. Well recently some really qualified scientists have come up with a new theory. It’s called the Big Bounce theory. It seems that as a bunch of universes were collapsing a very big marble of stuff got squeezed out and bounced loose . So the universe begins not with a bang but a bounce,
Now if there is anything scientists hate it’s competing theories. It makes them look like they are not infallible, and that’s not good when they want a grant. So the best minds went to work on the problems. The scientists at the Rorschach Research Center in Des Moine Iowa took all the data and came up with a simple explanation. It is the Big Bang, Big Bounce, Smaller Bang theory. Under this theory as the universe was collapsing a part of it reached critical mass and exploded. This threw out a large bouncing marble of stuff which then exploded creating our universe.
Here is a picture of the event which was captured by our new liquid crystal camera. At this point the smaller bang has just taken place and our universe has begun to spread out. Look carefully and you can see the shape of things to come. The red color is the result of a problem with their new camera.
Now if you don’t believe me you can go to the blog of Quasar9 which contains a detailed scientific explanation of the things I have told you today. Or you could go to the Rorschach Center . They have a large number of these pictures to share with you. Just remember its Big Bang, Big Bounce, Smaller Bang and you can’t go wrong.
Karl got a 9.3 which puts him in first place at the moment.
******

Today's Link-Gossip and How I can Make my own rumors- Read this one at your own risk. Leave a Dr. John in the comment.
It was another lazy day. Betty and I worked for a bit in the basement. we got the train table moved to its correct location. Now we only need to build two more. We cleaned out some mopre boxes. If we continue at this rate I should be laying track in September. Pennie and Maggie swam in the pool. Betty and I napped and watched TV. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

6 Comments:

Blogger QUASAR9 said...

lol Dr John,
that's some great hat.

careful with the ceiling lights
when weaeing Uncle Sam's hat indoors

5:57 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

So what did the big marble of stuff bounce off of?

6:02 AM  
Blogger J C said...

Maggie is beautiful! She's a Springer, right? I'm guessing because she is obviously loving that pool!

I think I am in the doghouse with some of my blogger buddies! I posted on my blog that I won a car. Yesterday. No other explanation. Now today, I am sending people over here so they can see it. HeeeHeee I am such a bad girl!

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like Maggie is going to need a fresh shipment of sand every couple of days.

11:29 AM  
Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

Love the hat - my son has one just like it!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Maggie in her Sandbox is so funny. She's quite a dog. =O)

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home